Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:36:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneral$60 games, cost of games, cost of working on games, postlaunch monetization
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: $60 games, cost of games, cost of working on games, postlaunch monetization  (Read 2415 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2017, 05:57:39 AM »

the relationship between the game industry and its customer base is just fundamentally fucked up tbh
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2017, 06:17:03 AM »

How so?

I don't see anything wrong with the customer/provider relationship, honestly. Any software house just wants to make gameware that sells, and some people buy it, others don't.

Yeah.
AlexRamallo
Level 1

:0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2017, 11:49:31 AM »

I think the game industry is long overdue for some regulation. It could be a big blow to a lot of indie studios, but there are just way too many people out there exploiting others (especially children).

As much as I love to criticize the business decisions of AAA companies, I still respect the reluctance (most of) them seem to have towards adopting full-on gambling business models. They definitely could, and even if they lost most of their customers, they'd be making a shitload more money from the "whales" they could lure in with popular IP licensing deals and ridiculously over-the-top art budgets.

When this recent EA controversy blows over and everyone forgets about it (they will), other companies will likely realize that the cost of pissing off passionate customers is actually very low. That's what worries me.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2017, 12:41:24 PM »

When this recent EA controversy blows over and everyone forgets about it (they will), other companies will likely realize that the cost of pissing off passionate customers is actually very low.

they already did a long time ago. people who whine about "anti consumer practices" on the internet mostly end up buying the games anyway. i don't remember when a "video game boycott" has ever worked.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2017, 01:20:32 PM »

When this recent EA controversy blows over and everyone forgets about it (they will), other companies will likely realize that the cost of pissing off passionate customers is actually very low.

they already did a long time ago. people who whine about "anti consumer practices" on the internet mostly end up buying the games anyway. i don't remember when a "video game boycott" has ever worked.
yeah they kick up a stink about one specific thing and then it swiftly becomes the norm
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2017, 03:05:41 PM »

I'll show those bastards at EA who's boss by buying their loot boxes at the lowered price point

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2017, 04:06:34 PM »

yeah they kick up a stink about one specific thing and then it swiftly becomes the norm
quote this post in a year when a popular game is being praised for "doing microtransactions right"
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2017, 02:38:40 AM »

If anything $60 isn't expensive enough. Games should sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars and come in limited pressings of ten coppies.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2017, 02:45:42 AM »

They should sell games on vinyl
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2017, 03:30:13 AM »

nintendo is already doing that
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2017, 12:45:25 AM »

the yakuza 2 remake is going to use 11 year old motion capture data and pre existing environmental assets.
update: they knew exactly where to expend their budget to add new animations

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic