Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:26:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioTried making a trailer piece. Does it sound professional?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tried making a trailer piece. Does it sound professional?  (Read 1055 times)
Viktorenvall
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2017, 05:16:35 AM »

Well here is the piece:
https://soundcloud.com/viktorenvall/anxiety-horrorthriller-trailer-music

It is in the horror genre. It's easy for me to find flaws when I created it, but how does it sound to anyone who haven't heard it 100 times?
I'm trying to get a 100 % professional quality to my mixes.

Thank you for any feedback! Smiley
Beyond
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 03:42:16 PM »

Well, I'm no expert but sounds aight to me

- You're a short one, but there's a strong look to you
TingThing
Level 0

TingThing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 10:02:46 PM »

Yeah, that's pretty good! If anything, it sounds like what you would expect in a horror genre. Low sounds, tremolo strings, weird sounds interjecting, slow and steady drums pounding in the distance, etc. So I wouldn't give it an A on cutting-edge creativity, but it does the job well.  Hand Thumbs Up Right

TingThing, developer of Platform Builder, a toolkit which lets you create your own Platformer Games.
Sacha Holsnyder (Appeau Studio)
Level 0

Audio one man band at Appeau Studio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 03:32:16 AM »

Pretty cool! You can definitely get a better sound easily, though: it's all a bit too dull for a horror track in my opinion, the large reverb is engulfing everything. Everyone is like sitting piled up on one another at the back of the stage. You'll get better horror by bringing forward and really in-your-face parts of the orchestra. The dissonant violins for example can have a really nice stressful effect if they sound like they are just behind your ear...  Grin

The heartbeat at the end sure sounds nice, and who doesn't like a heartbeat sound in a horror track ? Wink but I don't think we hear it before at all, so it's kind of coming completely out of nowhere.

Don't be afraid of using silence! Well, you should be afraid of silence Wink but use it! In a horror track silence is the most important instrument of all! Just watch and listen to the film Ring (1998, the original Japanese one). Or Dead Space for that matter. In the soundtrack nothing ever happens. And then BOOM! violins playing horrible clusters fortissimo! Obvious, but still gets everyone every time.

truewarrior
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 03:58:11 AM »

Sounds ok to me too (I'm not expert in sound though). But yeah you did a good job mate!

Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll _ Shigeru Miyamoto
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic