Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 07:55:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallFATHOM (Feat. Danny B)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Print
Author Topic: FATHOM (Feat. Danny B)  (Read 55100 times)
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: May 31, 2009, 12:39:31 AM »

Not much really - any place that is a hard corner i stick a medium-sized tile.  then, in the remaining wall space, there is a mm maybe 50% chance that there will be another medium tile.  Whether there is or isn't, the remaining wall space is filled with a mix of 1- or 2-high small tile chunks.  It's a dumb algo (if its even an algo) but the results are totally passable.  If i'd had more time I think I could have pushed this aspect of it farther, adding non-colliding smaller details, more variation, landmarks, etc.  But I will just have to explore that in the next project i guess...

cup full of magic charisma
JoeHonkie
Level 8

RIP Major Sebastian Bludd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: May 31, 2009, 02:43:47 PM »

That was a neat article.
Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 25, 2009, 11:40:30 AM »

NICE!! I totally did NOT see that coming! WTF<3

End was kind of '..wat?', but good-looking Hand Thumbs Up Right
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2009, 01:05:23 AM »

I just played this for the first time. I liked the intro, loved the surprise, but then after doing one thing I became lost and bored in the place where you're likely to get lost and bored.

twitter: @docky
tmth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2009, 08:07:14 AM »

Coincidentally I too have just played it, without any introduction to the game (must have missed the tigfront post back then). After finishing it I ran here with a wall of text forming in my head, ready to post, but after reading this topic I guess I'll just sum up.
I generally like the feel of being dropped right in the middle of a story. What kept me playing was the feeling that I will return to the boss after I reach some goal in the water part. The ending surprised me and, well, made me want to share my reflections with you guys. This is a design success!

I'm also not sure about how different my experience would've been if I fell into this first pit. I didn't, so I won't speculate.
Oh, and on a second run I encountered a bug in the first part, the character dissappeared after being hit by one of those falling blocks but I was able to go back to the beginning of the stage, where he fell from above, like when you start the game.

Ace music! Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Right

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic