Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411520 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 03:05:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall"This is a Cry For Help" in GameInformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "This is a Cry For Help" in GameInformer  (Read 2217 times)
lokijki
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2009, 02:04:29 PM »

Just was paging through GameInformer and I spotted "This is a Cry For Help" in that section with all that stuff you can buy. Thought it was pretty cool. Heres what it said:

Fans of the profane and the perverse might be interested in this collection of indie titles from artist and programmer Edmund McMillen. This single CD is filled with 17 games, more than 15 comics, and a host of preliminary sketches dealing with McMillen's creative process. With oddball titles like Gish, Clubby the Seal, and Meat Boy, the disc provides a unique and interesting look into the world of independent game development. Are these games entertaining? Disturbingly so. Somebody get this guy some help.

Just though some people my be interested in knowing. I just saw this was already posted on his blog yesterday, so... yeah. Thought I post it here anyway. Super Meat Boy was also featured. Nice to see indie games in the magazine.

My games on  GameJolt.com

Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 02:17:38 PM »

lol "artist and programmer Edmund McMillen."
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 07:15:11 PM »

lol "artist and programmer Edmund McMillen."

haha good ol press... the other day i got credited for being the creator of newgrounds.com in some article. i guess i do everything these days.

i have yet to aquire a copy of this mag.. but ill steal one once gamestop gets them.

good times
-Edmund
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 07:28:13 PM »

Ya gamespot credits "edmund mcmillen and tyler glaiel" as the team behind closure and meat boy

http://www.gamespot.com/users/MAMerrific/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25622363
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 07:34:18 PM »

Ya gamespot credits "edmund mcmillen and tyler glaiel" as the team behind closure and meat boy

http://www.gamespot.com/users/MAMerrific/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25622363

i had all the ideas for Star Wars and everything. arnt you glad i didnt do the art for closure now Smiley?
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 07:51:45 PM »

i had all the ideas for Star Wars and everything. arnt you glad i didnt do the art for closure now Smiley?

mhmm

Makes me wonder how many people credited you for clubby killing season
CK
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 08:03:01 PM »

congrats Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right

Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 08:06:36 PM »

mhmm

Makes me wonder how many people credited you for clubby killing season

the whole 10 people that played it i assume.

also thanks for that pic Smiley lookin good!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic