Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:09:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsIm Building a Development Team
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Im Building a Development Team  (Read 879 times)
JAndre
« on: November 01, 2017, 11:39:49 PM »

"I don't know who you are. But I know what you want. If you are looking for paid work I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a joy for people like you. If you join my team now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will have to hire you."

Hello to the TIGforums community. I am new here so I'll explain a bit about myself.

I am a young entrepreneur from Australia looking to build a billion dollar gaming app. Understandably some of you will laugh or think "another one". But if you are interested, I am looking for a group of talented individuals that want to build an app together that will change the industry as we know it. In particular, monetization. We will need artists specializing in drawing manga characters, monsters etc. and game developers skilled enough to build a gaming app as visually pleasing as YUGIOH DUEL LINKS. Most of all it needs to be FUN!
I am currently at work writing a lore, characters and rules for this game. It will be a card game and it will not stop at the app.
I will start a Kickstarter campaign at my expense once we are ready; to test the viability of the product and to build interest. I have photography and videography already covered. The Kickstarter profits will be split between the team and to help build the finished product.

I offer progressive salaries based on how well the game makes money but that also means we will start from $0. This includes me. I plan on breaking the multi million dollar threshold in year one.

For more information please contact me.

Thank you for your time.

At the time of this post I have acquired a

- photographer
- videographer
- music composer and sound designer
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 11:44:32 PM »

you dont believe in your own thing
JAndre
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 11:46:42 PM »

I 100% believe in my idea because it will make people who play it money Wink. I want people to enjoy a great indie studio developed game and have the possibility of making money at the same time.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 12:32:35 AM »

then why you wont put a single dollar in it? Is it scary for you to take bank loan for 100% billion dollar investment?
JAndre
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 12:56:14 AM »

Because I don't have the money. If I did I would be happy to hire a team but as it occurs I wasn't born with a silver spoon. Im offering all the team members most of the profits in the beginning i.e a successful kickstarter campaign where the money goes to the team and development and not me. I am also taking on the costs of marketing, company set up and I am also putting time into  writing, character creation, designing of rules and general creation of the world which we will use.

I want to build an enterprise and I'm happy to take talented people along with me.

Thank you for the time you put into replying to my post.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 01:25:53 AM »

i hope company is actually legally registered, good luck
JAndre
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 01:47:08 AM »

Screenshots of what exactly?

If by "ideas" guy you mean someone that is creating a trading card game from the ground up. Someone that is pulling together a group of people to digitalize the trading card game. Someone who is also capable in drawing concepts and story writing.

Thats me.

To have a successful product in anything you need someone with a business mind. As an entrepreneur I am focusing on my skills and using my time wisely. My time is better suited to giving people direction.

Yes the company will be legally registered. Anyone who joins the company will sign contracts.     
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 02:36:55 AM »

you should cool down and get some actual skills. Go make paper prototype or learn some basic unity or gamemaker.
Some programmer guy can easily handle kickstarter and further production with bonus of having insight into possible costs and contributing to production. Youre basically just asking people to do all production while you just log in to kickstarter to get money for their content.
JAndre
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 03:11:34 AM »

Please don't be toxic.
There is no reason for me to learn coding. It's the same thing as telling a property investor he should learn building or banking to learn how money moves. There is no reason.
All companies profit off their employees, that's just the real world.

I will be doing more work than you think, I'm just not coding. Every company has a moving part and yes there is those out there that can do all but that is very rare.

I understand that this is such a far fetched pitch but understand that I want to make people money. Im an honest person not a snake.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:08:19 AM by JAndre » Logged
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 04:27:10 AM »

can you make a paper prototype though
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 06:55:22 AM »

There is no reason for me to learn coding. It's the same thing as telling a property investor he should learn building or banking to learn how money moves. There is no reason.
All companies profit off their employees, that's just the real world.
Because I don't have the money.

hmmm.... something doesn't add up.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 07:16:28 AM »

Alright, let me try and break down why the people in this thread seem to doubt you and your venture.

...I am a young entrepreneur...

Already that's kidna fishy. People who don't have experience actually making games are generally a bad sign when you're looking to get hired for a gamedev job. Lack of experience is a huge red flag.

...looking to build a billion dollar gaming app.

Aaand you've killed any kind of credibility with anyone who has any experience with money in this industry. The only people who will now apply to your job posting are either inexperienced or their ambitions overrides their common sense.

Understandably some of you will laugh or think "another one".

Yes.

...looking for a group of talented individuals...

As I said earlier, not gonna happen, because of your gross overestimation of your own potential success.

...build an app together that will change the industry as we know it...

A mobile card game will not change the industry unless you are Blizzard, no matter how hard you work at it. Besides, it's already been changed by other, better mobile card games, there's not much left to do now.

...as visually pleasing as YUGIOH DUEL LINKS.

...What. Duel Links is average-looking at best. Do you just want to replicate Yu-Gi-Oh and its success? Good luck with that, since you don't already have an established franchise.

...I will start a Kickstarter campaign...

Will it be as successful as Yooka-Laylee, Yogvenures and Mighty Number 9?

I have photography and videography already covered.

Looks like you're really banking on this Kickstarter thing. Almost like you're putting more effort on a facade than actually making a good game. Hmmm...

I offer progressive salaries based on how well the game makes money but that also means we will start from $0. This includes me. I plan on breaking the multi million dollar threshold in year one.

You're offering nothing upfront with a nebulous promise for millions of dollars in revenue. Didn't you say earlier that it was going to be a BILLION dollar gaming app? At least be consistent with your misleading, falsely ambitious statements.

For more information please contact me.

No.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 07:23:33 AM »

Cobralad's wording may be a little harsh, but I think he's right. You're not funneling any resources into your own project and asking people to essentially work for you for free, meaning you're offloading all the risk to your employees who face the possibility of their labor going to waste with 0 compensation. You're trying to rope people in with nebulous promises of success, but even in the event that you make enough money to pay them later, the work they would have done getting your project off the ground would remain uncompensated.

It's regrettable that you don't have any money, but most other people working in creative fields don't either, and they need to make a living too somehow.

EDIT:  Ninja'd by Programgamer
JAndre
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 12:38:00 PM »

Thank you for all your comments but I have assembled a team already.

All the "you do nothing" comments are laughable at best. I am literally creating a trading card game by myself and wanting a team of developers to digitilize it. I am also a creative that works in writing and drawing.

I also run a start up fashion label which I design clothing on a full time basis. Not to mention I have another internet business on the side.

You want to know about time? I don't have that 

"asking people to essentially work for you for free, meaning you're offloading all the risk to your employees who face the possibility of their labor going to waste with 0 compensation" What about my time and my compensation for the work I've put in?

"You're trying to rope people in with nebulous promises of success, but even in the event that you make enough money to pay them later, the work they would have done getting your project off the ground would remain uncompensated" Which is why I stated that any income whether it be from a successful Kickstarter or initial revenue, goes to them, not me.

Working for $0, I'm going to do just that for who knows how long. I work for the bigger picture not the measly pennies one makes working a standard job.

Good luck on all your endeavors though, you all seem to be doing great 

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 01:42:35 PM »

"I am superior to you" says the con man as he exits the room and trips on his ego.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic