Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412110 Posts in 69451 Topics- by 58490 Members - Latest Member: tzdevil

June 29, 2024, 12:17:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNeodread
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Neodread  (Read 3845 times)
thatDreamer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 02:59:39 PM »

Quote from: thatDreamer
I'd be extremely surprised if anyone guessed what this robot was originally designed for.

Bean bag couch!
Not quite, but I think I like that idea better then mine! XD
thatDreamer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 01:03:19 PM »

update #9

Ka-boom!! Explosions at the ready. I'm not sure if I'm happy with the way this one turned out. I actually remade quite a few frames for this one as I was going for a metal slug sort of explosion. That style is a bit difficult to reproduce. Anyway, onwards to another animation! : )

thatDreamer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2017, 12:47:23 PM »

10# update -

Be on your guard. The mechs are looking for you! The design behind this enemy was rather interesting. When I first started this project I wanted the mechs to play the role of the main character, but I couldn't imagine a robot with a lazer rifle would be a good stealth character.

nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2017, 02:19:03 PM »

If I had to articulate what feels weird about that explosion, it's that it seems to be emerging from a large circle, whereas I would expect an explosion to start from a single point and move outwards. Not a big circle, and move upwards.

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 05:35:45 AM »

Agreed - I do like the second half of the explosion, but the initial frames are a bit odd. That said, this looks really cool so far!

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
Lowbit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 08:07:55 AM »

Quote from: thatDreamer
Ka-boom!! Explosions at the ready. I'm not sure if I'm happy with the way this one turned out. I actually remade quite a few frames for this one as I was going for a metal slug sort of explosion.

This explosion needs more defenders. Specifically, the circle; because that's the most critical part of the explosion animation. Without that violent shift of form it'll just look like colorful smoke. Granted, Metal Slug explosions start with a blink-and-you-miss single frame circle and this looks like two frames, but explosions don't need to make sense in order to look good. They just need to be violent.

This explosion looks good as-is, and it fits nicely with the rest of the art.
thatDreamer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2017, 02:02:18 PM »

explosion fix -

Ah, thank you for bringing that up. I compared the explosion to minish cap's version, and noticed the perspective's way off.

thatDreamer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2017, 12:00:10 PM »

11# update -

Here's a little preview of the tile set I'm making.There's still a bunch of stuff I want to add, including animations, and a rather special stealth element.

Oh, and I'm making some huge changes to game mechanics. Plus the overall look of what's seen in the teaser trailer needs to be revamped.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! : D 
thatDreamer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2017, 02:56:32 PM »

Hey everyone. After a week of no updates due to holiday craziness I'm nearly ready to return to working on Neodread. Taking a step back I've realized that the game play needs a bit of a redesign. The original idea was to have this set in an open world much like metal gear for the gba, but I think I'll be going for a different approach. Back to the drawing board I go!
Al_B
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2017, 03:34:19 PM »

I'm curious how you'll update this. Even though it looks great so far. Will follow!

illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2017, 05:39:45 PM »

That pixel art is pretty good, I'll definitely keep an eye on this. Do you have a twitter account?
thatDreamer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2017, 12:04:24 AM »

That pixel art is pretty good, I'll definitely keep an eye on this. Do you have a twitter account?
Thank you! I actually do have one, but I haven't used it in over a year as I'm terrible at updating my progress on these sites.
thatDreamer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2017, 12:05:23 AM »

Good news everyone! I've finished a stealth concept for Neodread, and the development is underway. : )

During my time away from development to rethink Neodread's design I crafted a small game in 10 days called psycat. I'll post a link below to the game play video in case anyone's interested.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2017, 02:20:58 AM »

the mix of perspectives is pretty visually jarring
thatDreamer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2017, 03:48:08 PM »

the mix of perspectives is pretty visually jarring
So true, that's the first thing I'm going to fix.
thatDreamer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2018, 12:14:38 PM »

Hi everyone I have a major announcement to make. : )  Neodread has been given a new look, and feel. Plus the hamster bunnies are in this one! : D  These guys are from my little animated series call "pop nebula dreamer". I should mention this is not a screenshot, it's just an old background that I put in place while designing some of the characters, and graphics.

I'll be taking a little break on development, but I'll return to finish up the game.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic