Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 02:14:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[Wanted] Looking for a Level Designer for a survival horror game. Retro lowpoly
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Wanted] Looking for a Level Designer for a survival horror game. Retro lowpoly  (Read 391 times)
wddf45
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2017, 01:10:37 PM »

Hi, I make survival horror games similar to old school Playstation favorites like Clock Tower, Resident Evil, Silent Hill. It's very niche but reasonable for a small team to handle. Not to mention theres a decent sized audience hungry for this kind of thing. I have already completed a few of these games.

At the moment I do almost everything by myself (outside of some of the music). After years of working solo, I'd like to find a team member who can take over on the level design side.

I'll layout some bullet points for what this entails

* Making terrains
* Making buildings (interiors, exteriors)
* placing prefabs and models
* placing decals
* texturing the environment (no need to make them by scratch but may require some photo editing)
* able to build levels with a unity level design asset. Probuilder is preferred but something like SabreCSG would probably work as well

Some requirements

* Level design or modeling experience. This is pretty open ended. Most of the modeling required is very basic. I do need someone who can look at an example level, jump right in and start building. The settings are usually modern buildings so most of the work will be scaling cubes and texturing.

* I'm using Unity so would need some familiarity with the engine. Just enough to build and export the levels is fine. You won't need to program or design any gameplay.

* Basic image editing experience. Some textures may require minor editing such as running a 'make seamless' filter in gimp and making materials (usually just a main texture and a detail map)

* Ability to find textures for usage. Honestly I've been getting most of my stuff from textures.com, flickr and other cc friendly sources. Nobody seems to notice. If there's a texture you need, you should be able to search the internet, find something, edit and keep records of the source and licensing information. Textures would usually be things such as wood floors, plaster walls, brick walls, etc.

* Quick turn around times. Maps should usually take 2-3 weeks. A rough size example for one of my games would be the police station in Resident Evil 2, but far less detail in the art department.

* A love of this retro style and horror. I grew up watching horror films and playing ps1, so somebody with a similar background would be ideal. Rather than using this as a stepping stone for something 'better', I'd like to find somebody who wants to make horror games for a living and I can work with long term. But on the other hand, if you just want some finished games to throw on a resume and are capable of doing the work, you're more than welcome to get in touch

* this will start unpaid but should grow into a paid gig over time. I am making some money right now off of past work but I'm stretched too thin to expand. My games aren't available on steam or psn yet so there is a lot of room to grow. By freeing up the time I spend on level design, I can put more focus on programming and marketing to bring this to the next level.

Message me if you're interested. Thanks!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic