Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:47:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessYour "Debut" Game?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Your "Debut" Game?  (Read 772 times)
Melaniipon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 06, 2017, 12:11:48 AM »

Hai hai!

Due to a month-long game jam/contest, my team and I made a short game based after our MAIN project. We aren't anywhere near finishing the MAIN project due to waiting on an engine that's still in beta.

The MAIN game is a total action RPG with serious themes. This short game features one of the main characters as child in a much more light-hearted storyline. While it's primary an adventure game, there's still some battling and deeper themes.

I personally think it would be a good idea to work on this side game since it'll be short and more simple.

Has there been any series that started with one genre, but the next one became something else?

Would this be weird and confusing to future players of our game(s)?
litHermit
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 12:53:15 AM »

A lot of the big-name games have their characters appear in a wide variety of themes (Super Mario for one - all the sports games and even some RPGs).

Would this be weird and confusing to future players of our game(s)?
You do you and don't worry about that.

zizulot
Level 0

ZIZ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 04:37:09 AM »

Exactly, Im creating platformer(With some additions), than I will make RPG With same characters, and than TGC also with same characters, Of course if no one likes my platformer than I will scrap characters off from upcoming games.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic