Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 08:48:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLyla, the last hope
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lyla, the last hope  (Read 986 times)
Dedemon
« on: November 06, 2017, 03:12:07 PM »

Lyla, the last hope

Game Overview

Style: Full 3D

Genre: Action

Universe: Fantasy

Media: Mobiles / Tablets (Android & IOS)

Gameplay Time: ~10 min (Estimated)

Number of players: 1

Targets: 12 - 25 years

Pegi: 7

Story

We are in spring, during a sunny day. Peoples are waiting fisherman's boats on a dock. Everything was fine.
Suddenly, a purple shape appear at five hundred meters of the dock. This shape grow up during a few seconds then stop. Nobody seen that before this day. After few seconds, one, no, two, no, many skeletons appeared and run towards the dock. All people are scare, some people jump in the water. But others are so terrified that can't move. A desperate villager ring the bell used to alert the nearest city when humans enemies appear.

The nearest skeleton wear only a sword. It arrive to the dock after few seconds. It come near a child and raise his sword. At this moment, the child scream with all of his strength. A magic ball appear from the dock background and touch the skeleton who breaks in pieces. All other enemies stop running. They didn't see where the magic ball was sent. A person move and arrive front the child. The child look this person and realize who was saving his live. This person is 'Lyla', a young witch.

Gameplay

You are Lyla and your goal is to protect all villagers until help arrive. The gameplay is a loop with two states.

Defense State: During this state, you have to kill all skeletons with unlimited spells. You have cooldown between every spells. When a enemy die, you win experiences. If an enemy arrive to the dock, it kill a villager before breaking in pieces. If all villagers die, the game end.

Upgrades: This state occured only if all skeletons die. During this state, you can use the experiences won by increasin spells' damage, decreasing cooldown or unlock new spell. When you are ready, you return to the first state.

The game end if you finish the 20th skeletons wave without losing all villagers.

Spells

To defend all villagers, you can send different spells to kill enemies.

Light Ball Spell: This is the default spell. It is a projectile which give a huge amount of damage to the enemy at impact.

Fire Ball Spell: This spell can be unlocked with experiences. This projectile give some damages to the enemy at impact. Furthermore, the enemy take damage over a limited time by burning. This spell cancel the ice ball spell effect.

Ice Ball Spell: Like the spell before, this spell can be unlocked with experiences. It give some damages to the enemy at impact. When the enemy is touched, his movements are slow down. This spell cancel the fire ball spell effect.

Special Spell: This spell can be unlocked with experiences. A magical dome appear and grow up over time. All enemies touched by the dome die instantly.

Enemies

All enemies are skeletons. More details in the next update. Smiley

Team

Actually, we are two persons on this game.

- One Programmer
- One Sound Designer

Preview

Advancement

2017-12-02 | Alpha #1
2017-11-10 | Prototype #2
2017-11-07 | Prototype #1

Thanks for reading. Any feedback will be appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 09:56:21 AM by Dedemon » Logged
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 03:56:34 PM »

So is this a preliminary design document or just a teaser for what your project will contain?

If it is a design document you probably want to answer the following:
Are the monsters coming from the land side of the dock or the sea side of the dock?
Will there be any sort of limit on how quickly the player can cast spells?
Types of monsters
Types of spells

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Dedemon
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 04:22:48 PM »

Thanks Wilson Saunders for the comment.

It is a design document. I have update the first post.

Are the monsters coming from the land side of the dock or the sea side of the dock?
The player (sorcerer) is on the dock with all villagers. And monsters are coming from the land side.

Will there be any sort of limit on how quickly the player can cast spells?
Sorts are unlimited but you have a cooldown between them.

Types of monsters
Not defined for the moment.

Types of spells
Two types of spells (fire ball and ice ball). The fire ball give damage over time and the ice ball slow down the enemy. The effect is limited in time.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 10:39:05 PM by Dedemon » Logged
Dedemon
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 04:23:37 PM »

Prototype #1

After testing the first wave, yes, the first wave. I found a big problem on this prototype. I have created three paths were monsters can only walk. Why ? Because I wanted to simplify player inputs (we are on mobile). But by doing that, the game is very boring and empty. So, I have to fix that for the next prototype.
Dedemon
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 02:54:18 PM »

Prototype #2

New prototype!!! Yeahhhh!!! Now enemies arrive from anywhere except the middle. This permit to fill the map and to have more different situations.

Furthermore, a voxel artist (Battlepus) join the project to help me. Thank him for that.

So, what is the next step? I am working on integrating villagers (no model for the moment). Without them, we can't loose. I have to add the two types of magic ball spell (fire ball and ice ball). And maybe adding the first voxel model of this game.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 04:03:46 AM by Dedemon » Logged
Dedemon
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 02:57:29 PM »

Alpha #1

New post after few days of working. I have rewrite most part of the first topic to give you more informations. The game is progressing well, all spells are implemented and the first gameplay state is almost done. Below, a little preview of the game.

Light, Fire and Ice ball spell

Special spell
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic