Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:25:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[Rev-Share]First person Fantasy RPG project looking for team members.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Rev-Share]First person Fantasy RPG project looking for team members.  (Read 532 times)
Riobio55
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2017, 03:51:45 PM »

Hey Everyone, I'm Rio i'm 15 And I'm A Game Designer. I Have Currently Started A FP RPG Project Using Unity And I Am Now Looking For ENTHUSIASTIC Team Members.
We Already Have A Composer so Here's What
I Am Looking For:

-Programmer(2D & 3D)

-2D(concept art,gui etc)3D(rigger,animator,environment etc)Artist

-Story/Dialogue Writer.

SoundFx(NOT COMPOSER, For Sounds Like Opening Chests etc etc)

If Intrested Email me at [email protected] Or Skype me at liondude13.
Honestly we don’t have to get all the people at once.
Thank you For Your Time Smiley
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 05:58:59 AM »

Hi Rio, your enthusiasm and persistence are great! But I'm afraid this is not a good way to try to persuade people to make games with you.

Making games is hard work! Making games requires a lot of experience and it takes a lot of time. Usually, people who have the experience needed to do programming and art and writing for a game are doing it either for themselves, with their own game design ideas that they're excited about, or for people with more experience managing projects like this and who are paying them real money for their time and expertise. (Sadly, revenue sharing almost never works out very well, and experienced people like me do not work only for revshare. My time and my experience are more valuable than that!)

Since putting together the kind of money needed to convince skilled people to make games for you is hard for anyone, and certainly hard for a 15-year-old, I would like to wholeheartedly suggest that you do what I did at your age:

Learn these things yourself! Become a one-person game-making team. Nobody can work with your ideas as well as you can. There are so many resources for free online and in libraries and at events for learning how to make games. I know it's hard to know where to start, but start someplace. Have you ever taken a look before at tools like Game Maker or Construct which are made specifically to help people without a lot of programming knowledge turn their ideas into games? That's where a lot of people start. Not only that, it's the tools other game designers have stayed and used to create games like Spelunky and Hotline Miami. I think you should give it a try!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic