Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:15:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessWhat age group do you think this game should be marketed toward?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What age group do you think this game should be marketed toward?  (Read 652 times)
TingThing
Level 0

TingThing

View Profile WWW
« on: November 08, 2017, 11:37:01 PM »

Hi,

I've made a development kit for side-scrolling Platformer games which is geared toward a younger audience. This is the Youtube trailer:

You can also check out my signature at the bottom.

My question is this: What age group do you think my target audience would be for a toolkit like this? Do you think that the age group is young enough that I could target toward parents?

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

TingThing, developer of Platform Builder, a toolkit which lets you create your own Platformer Games.
AlexRamallo
Level 1

:0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 05:38:31 AM »

That's tough. It's rarely a good idea to ask these questions so late into development. Your marketing plans should be a factor when designing/developing it.

For example, if you want to target this game to kids, you might run into some issues with approachability. In your video, I saw a lot of menu options with lots text at ~0:28, which could turn away a lot of younger players that would be intimidated by all the text. If you look at Mario Maker, the UI and entire building system is super approachable to players of all ages and skill levels. Even preschool-age children could have fun playing that.

With that said, your game and art style remind me of my times in the gamemaker community when I was around 10-12 years old. So without any market research to back it up, my nostalgia/personal experiences tell me that you should market this towards 10-12 year olds Tongue

zizulot
Level 0

ZIZ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 08:51:28 PM »

Looks like for kids/younger people , but actually as it said before kids dont like complexity
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic