Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:56:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignHow to Design A Responsive Website for Gaming?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How to Design A Responsive Website for Gaming?  (Read 1325 times)
hinaeni
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2017, 01:44:31 AM »

Hi, I am hina eni, and I have just completed my graduation.I have a keen interest in the web designing. [spam link removed] I have made a robot run game as well on unity3D, and now I wanted to create a website for it.gaming webpage have different colour combination and different homepage theme that look like a gaming website if you see far away from laptop.As I am a fresh graduate, i dont have idea to design .I can use bootstrap template as well for my gaming website, but I wanted to do every part of coding myself.so can anyone help me to give start in designing a website.?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 06:12:03 AM by ThemsAllTook » Logged
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 01:24:17 PM »

Well, bootstrap is the correct place to start out for responsive design. Trying to make a website that looks like other gaming sites is not the correct approach. Conforming to existing design standards is not as important as coming up with your own design that addresses basic design principles.

A big part of your website will be whatever content management system you decide to use. I've been using Wordpress for my current work. It works fairly well so far. Your CMS will determine the data structure of your backend, as well as the scripting language you are going to be using to program your website. It will also determine which part of your website you end up programming. With Wordpress, I don't have to do any real back-end coding. I mainly just have to create and design my own Wordpress template, and then install that template into my site. (which is fairly easy) Altering and customizing your CMS template is usually how you go about changing your website's visual design and layout.

Your most significant consideration when designing your site is user experience. You could get all artistic with your layout and user interface, but this approach usually flies in the face of efficient user experience. You want your menus to flow naturally, guiding your users in a logical way that is easy to follow.
truewarrior
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 01:07:18 AM »

There are platforms that offer free template of website that you can use, Wordpress is one example. And keep in mind it should be user friendly, regarding layout, navigation, loading speed. You can also check responsiveness of your website with few tools such as Mozilla Firefox Tool, Screenfly, responsivepx.

Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll _ Shigeru Miyamoto
Nazgum
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 03:41:09 PM »

I am going to make the assumption that you want the server hosting and backend system handled for you, and that you want to focus on the front end design for the site: html, css and js.

So I will recommend you check out ManaKeep, which is a website builder specifically for indie game websites, and will provide you a really good starting point to work from.  Its also built by me, so feel free to ask any questions =)

You can then add your own html and css to really customize things and make the site your own; and as you mention specifically responsive design, you will want to look up media queries, here is a quick intro to them for you.

Hope you have a great weekend,

A Bit Awake - 2P indie studio from Toronto, Canada, working on Helms of Fury!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic