Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:08:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignSo what are you working on?
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 623
Print
Author Topic: So what are you working on?  (Read 2305110 times)
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10440 on: March 21, 2013, 03:53:42 PM »

Trail. Blur. If you knew what I was talking about then who gives a shit?

ITS RAD.

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10441 on: March 21, 2013, 05:00:36 PM »

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10442 on: March 21, 2013, 05:48:06 PM »

Aww, it drilled it's way right into my heart :3
VortexCortex
Level 2

Engram Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10443 on: March 21, 2013, 07:51:32 PM »

I am a programmer who sometimes makes games.  Thus, my little brother thinks I can do anything... Even draw an anime version of his girlfriend wearing a cute Star Trek uniform.

Damn it, Jim!  I'm a coder not an Artist!

Guess I'm working on my crappy art skills?
ELBOWS!  How do they work!?

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #10444 on: March 21, 2013, 11:44:02 PM »

a game called "Shallow Mind" in which you play as someone receiving therapy. the game would take place in many "worlds" connected by narrative given by the therapist each time your "mind meter" is depleted. it goes down every second, but also from injury, and attacking, but it can be replenished by collecting stuff or defeating enemies if you have attacks or if enemies exist.

some worlds you play as the person's dog, some you'll play as a bird, or the character itself.

each "session" is the equivalent of an in game life, which you have unlimited amounts of. but there might be leveling mechanics and skill trees in the form of questions by the therapist. hopefully the game would teach people more about themselves?? also dog probably still WIP, just toying with this idea

Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10445 on: March 22, 2013, 10:25:46 AM »

a game called "Shallow Mind" in which you play as someone receiving therapy. the game would take place in many "worlds" connected by narrative given by the therapist each time your "mind meter" is depleted. it goes down every second, but also from injury, and attacking, but it can be replenished by collecting stuff or defeating enemies if you have attacks or if enemies exist.

some worlds you play as the person's dog, some you'll play as a bird, or the character itself.

each "session" is the equivalent of an in game life, which you have unlimited amounts of. but there might be leveling mechanics and skill trees in the form of questions by the therapist. hopefully the game would teach people more about themselves?? also dog probably still WIP, just toying with this idea

Weird Dreams - Amiga

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
JOBA
Level 1

EZ

View Profile
« Reply #10446 on: March 24, 2013, 08:30:34 AM »

Battle system is pretty much done - fireballs, archery, particles, gore, sounds! A significant milestone!  Beer!
Added nice gory aftermath to the battle scenes (the blood is left from the zombies, not the mages!).

Instant TileEd - draw pixel art games and export them to Tiled TMX!
Looking for artist for a CRPG!
Gib
Level 0

sup?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10447 on: March 24, 2013, 12:10:49 PM »

Something roguelik-ish I guess. Don't know what to do with it though. In motion here, arrows keys to move and space to regen.

Welp, twitter and stuff. And b__g.
Calined
Level 1

VGM Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10448 on: March 24, 2013, 01:57:53 PM »

It could be many things! =)
A puzzle game, an action adventure, artistic meditation thingy~

You could add damage to the spikes and get health from the cow-like-creatures (pretty vegan of me)
feels a bit like mine sweeper
or like bastion

you could display the % of completion so the player would have to unveil the whole map
add conveyor belts to have him solve a puzzle before going into that direction
(as of now it seems to be randomly generated, dunno if that would work for those)
(the random generation feels awesome)

you could add additional layers, so players would have to climb a mountain
could be kinda minecraftesque where you have your homebase and start exploring the environment

older tiles could start falling apart/fading away
it's a mission to a diffent planet and you have to gather certain minerals/materials of this planet before it falls apart and you need to return to your spacecraft in time
spacecowharvestmoon
 Epileptic

Something roguelik-ish I guess. Don't know what to do with it though. In motion here, arrows keys to move and space to regen.

Blambo
« Reply #10449 on: March 24, 2013, 02:02:01 PM »

I think those are trees?
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10450 on: March 24, 2013, 05:25:34 PM »

Battle system is pretty much done - fireballs, archery, particles, gore, sounds! A significant milestone!  Beer!
Added nice gory aftermath to the battle scenes (the blood is left from the zombies, not the mages!).
[imgs]
I gotta be honest, I don't like the way your game looks.
Your art style seems to clash over three different areas (The level, the enemies, and the portraits)
Your characters feel very 'alive', your level feels almost too HD, and the enemies feel almost too cartoony.

JOBA
Level 1

EZ

View Profile
« Reply #10451 on: March 24, 2013, 09:52:38 PM »

[imgs]
Your art style seems to clash over three different areas (The level, the enemies, and the portraits)
Your characters feel very 'alive', your level feels almost too HD, and the enemies feel almost too cartoony.
Yeah, I'm not very fond of how it looks either. It's sort-of all over the place. And addition of pointlights made it even worse IMO.
It looks better in

, but still pasty. Not sure how to fix it though. Some of the core things I was going for in terms of feeling and mechanics are there and I'm pleased with them. But the overall art direction needs overhaul.

This is actually a good example of programmers art and what happens when you hack together some assets you can find on opengameart and then some. Result is pretty shitty. Eh.

Instant TileEd - draw pixel art games and export them to Tiled TMX!
Looking for artist for a CRPG!
Calined
Level 1

VGM Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10452 on: March 25, 2013, 02:31:31 AM »

[imgs]
Yeah, I'm not very fond of how it looks either. It's sort-of all over the place. And addition of pointlights made it even worse IMO.
It looks better in

, but still pasty. Not sure how to fix it though. Some of the core things I was going for in terms of feeling and mechanics are there and I'm pleased with them. But the overall art direction needs overhaul.

This is actually a good example of programmers art and what happens when you hack together some assets you can find on opengameart and then some. Result is pretty shitty. Eh.

I think part of it is the outline on the skeleton characters
the playable characters don't have those.

the thing with the environment might be that it's all grey...
but i think it's more the very smooth gradients of the lightsource
maybe add some dithering/cartoon shading to those?

oh also the characters and enemies have very clear pixels while the levels textures are blurry/smooth pixels

Momeka_
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10453 on: March 26, 2013, 06:16:52 AM »

My flashcart arrived today, so was finally able to test my game on the actually device. Sadly my original Gameboy had died after years of collecting dust so had to settle for the Gameboy color.

Ant
« Reply #10454 on: March 26, 2013, 11:11:52 AM »

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10455 on: March 26, 2013, 12:27:27 PM »

That's definitely the T1000 dissolving in a vat of molten steel >_>
Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10456 on: March 26, 2013, 10:53:29 PM »

My flashcart arrived today, so was finally able to test my game on the actually device. Sadly my original Gameboy had died after years of collecting dust so had to settle for the Gameboy color.

aw, the feels

same happened to me with my advance when I wanted to flash something, but I jiggled the batteries around and blew inside of it, maybe try that?

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
Momeka_
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10457 on: March 27, 2013, 02:39:50 AM »

aw, the feels

same happened to me with my advance when I wanted to flash something, but I jiggled the batteries around and blew inside of it, maybe try that?

It's most definitely worth another try.

TomHunt
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10458 on: March 31, 2013, 11:17:43 PM »

making a Wordpress site to use for http://neoca.de instead of Blogger

~tom | □³ | kRYSTLR
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10459 on: April 01, 2013, 12:09:23 AM »

The Wanderer is unhappy with his torso texture