Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 12:52:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignSo what are you working on?
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 623
Print
Author Topic: So what are you working on?  (Read 2323465 times)
Sentionaut
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12180 on: May 15, 2016, 12:38:39 PM »

I've been polishing some props and placing better the camera in this level (the project is Etherborn). I'm also going to redesign one of the collectible items...

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12181 on: May 16, 2016, 08:44:33 AM »

Wow, that looks really great, Sentionaut! Looks really fun to run around!

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12182 on: May 16, 2016, 02:18:53 PM »

@Sentionaut: That looks lovely.  Do you have a DevLog or something for it?

siskavard
« Reply #12183 on: May 16, 2016, 04:56:35 PM »

working on a roguelike bubble bobble with guns (code by @yellowafterlife)

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #12184 on: May 16, 2016, 06:05:40 PM »

looks good!

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

Enthusiasm at dangerous levels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12185 on: May 16, 2016, 06:13:22 PM »

Game about being a little fish in a big corporate pond/escalator - Corporate Salmon. Putting together a press/publisher pack and getting a demo working. Here's the output:

Sentionaut
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12186 on: May 17, 2016, 10:40:31 AM »

Wow, that looks really great, Sentionaut! Looks really fun to run around!
@Sentionaut: That looks lovely.  Do you have a DevLog or something for it?
There's no devlog yet... I haven't posted that much since I registered, so I tought it might just look like spam or something. Anyway, probably I should make one sooner than later, because we're willing to talk about the game  Embarrassed

Thanks both for the kind comments! Smiley

ompuco
Level 3

oh my god whats happening

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12187 on: May 17, 2016, 05:43:30 PM »

started reworking the vector renderer the other week, as well as using quad channels to provide two channels for graphics and two channels for user-end audio. the other day I started writing custom audio effects. here's a sample with a custom bitcrushing effect.

might release that effect since there's not that much to it and there could really be more resources on Unity's OnAudioFilterRead stuff. it took me ages to figure out some of this stuff.

ChevyRay
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #12188 on: May 17, 2016, 09:09:59 PM »

It looks great, but along the lines of the previous comment, it'd be cool if the cursor would move only between the highlighted items (aka the items that are equippable in that slot) so you wouldn't have to move one by one over other items. I don't really know how feasible that is because I'm an idiot when it comes to programming.

However, this is a very small detail that I don't think would actively be a detriment to a game if not implemented. It's one of those sorta polish things that will almost go unnoticed, but it feels nice.

Yeh I'll do stuff like that if i feel like it improves the game. Right now it feels like the implications cause more confusion and break more ui rules than they solve, so it doesn't have it.
ompuco
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12189 on: May 18, 2016, 03:26:47 AM »

starting to teach myself shaders. can hardly find anything really in depth on shaderlab and am going a lot based on the sample scripts without understanding everything there quite yet. did a couple of data bitcrushing experiments with different components to get some neat effects.

Darion
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12190 on: May 18, 2016, 08:07:40 AM »

starting to teach myself shaders. can hardly find anything really in depth on shaderlab and am going a lot based on the sample scripts without understanding everything there quite yet. did a couple of data bitcrushing experiments with different components to get some neat effects.

Thats some pretty dope stuff – especially the first one; reminds me of the PS1 days.

@darionmccoy
ompuco
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12191 on: May 18, 2016, 09:31:10 PM »

Thats some pretty dope stuff – especially the first one; reminds me of the PS1 days.

aaa thank you! i actually got the idea to try it because of looking into PS1 stuff since the precision it had for shaders was rather low. I did a few more experiments today.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:21:05 AM by ompuco » Logged

Gamedragon
« Reply #12192 on: May 18, 2016, 10:58:43 PM »

That makes my eyes hurt, but in a good way.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12193 on: May 19, 2016, 09:06:26 PM »

Yeah, these are all really cool examples!

McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #12194 on: May 23, 2016, 08:05:31 AM »

Trippy as hell, but quite cool

~

I'm considering glowy lines on trees to match the grand world one, but I'm unsure:

Though perhaps darker bark is a bit better:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:42:13 AM by McMutton » Logged
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12195 on: May 23, 2016, 10:23:41 AM »

Wow, that first shot looks great! Really painterly and artistic! Great work! I think the darker bark does work a bit better. Darkening the lines also seems to be a good idea, though you might consider a shader to make them glow over time. Combine that with scrolling the glow timing across the trees, and I think you'd have something really interesting!

nnyei
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #12196 on: May 23, 2016, 09:18:08 PM »

(...) though you might consider a shader to make them glow over time. Combine that with scrolling the glow timing across the trees, and I think you'd have something really interesting!

I wholeheartedly agree with this.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #12197 on: May 23, 2016, 09:59:43 PM »

I prefer the first image, much more mysterious rather than weird pattern, the second one is too dark, a happy medium between the two?

If you go animated flow through time, don't make them glow at the same time, use a shift base on world position Well, hello there! or a random look up texture indexed by world space that tile and allow you to decide with pattern of light you want.

McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #12198 on: May 24, 2016, 07:24:55 AM »

Thanks, guys! I'd actually just darkened the texture in Unity itself, so I could probably modify the source to make the bark darker and keep the lines on the brighter end.

Yeah, I was wanting to do the thing where the glow scrolls across the filigree (filitree?) like it does on the decorations at the top and bottom of my menus:

I wonder how I'd do that? I can imagine it in concept: do some sort of black-white gradient emissive mask texture and have a color represent full brightness that increases from 0 to 1 and then resets. That sort of stuff is beyond me, though; I really have to learn how to make shaders.
6down
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12199 on: May 26, 2016, 12:03:26 AM »

Man, those are some trippy shaders ompuco...I dig 'em!

Nice screenshots Mutton, and a slick menu to boot! Wish I could help you with your shader problem, 'fraid it's not my jam though. I do plan on teaching myself that stuff eventually, for the time being I'm a different kind of artist.

If anyone's interested in listening to some music, I've just uploaded a few tracks from an AGS game I've been working on, a scifi-noir murder mystery.
Here's one:  https://soundcloud.com/6-down/inside-by-the-bar
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 623
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic