Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:01:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignSo what are you working on?
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 623
Print
Author Topic: So what are you working on?  (Read 2304627 times)
2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12260 on: October 08, 2016, 06:07:20 AM »

Clint Kilmer
Level 0

make a thing every day

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12261 on: October 15, 2016, 03:46:35 PM »

occlusion - playtesters wanted!

I'm just wrapping up the launcher/updater, level select/unlock stuff, and organizing and polishing the levels so far. I expect playtesters to be able to play some time next week!

If anyone wants in, just let me know.

devlog | www | twitter | fb | itch.io (coming soon)
Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12262 on: October 17, 2016, 09:46:19 AM »

The run animation looks good, 2mass  Gomez Hand Thumbs Up Right Maybe it would feel nice to add a short impact animation when the character lands.

We just finished a cute quadruped generator for the Pippin Barr Game Idea Jam. Itch.io page here.

P.S. if anyone has some sage-wisdom for working with vector art assets in GM:S (it supports .swf), hit me up here or on twitter. It seems to be sort-of-but-not-fully supported, and I need to work out all the kinks for another project.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 10:04:37 AM by Ted Martens » Logged

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12263 on: October 28, 2016, 07:05:35 AM »

Some things I've done recently, a recycling machine and a hauler.

skaz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12264 on: November 01, 2016, 08:45:08 AM »

Some things I've done recently, a recycling machine and a hauler.

Nice stuff, lowpoly + pixel art is sooo cool. What do you use for modelling? I tried blender once, but the lack of grid snapping made simple geometrical shapes hard to make. Or did I missed someting :p

LOST FORTRESS site! 2d action adventure exploration in an abandoned Dwarf fortress, overrun by weird slug-like creatures.
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12265 on: November 01, 2016, 10:55:06 AM »

Thanks!
And you definitely missed something, I use blender and grid snapping :D

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12266 on: November 01, 2016, 02:45:45 PM »

Yeah, really nice work, Seiseki. Nice and crissssp.

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12267 on: November 01, 2016, 04:01:24 PM »

Long overdue, but I added powerups to existing weapons in my game. Spread shooting is a thing now, for weapons that use the basic bullets.

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
ndnninja15
Level 1

I make games

View Profile
« Reply #12268 on: November 03, 2016, 12:39:06 PM »

Working on adding some cloud/dust stuff for when the player moves around.
Also detached the gun from player animation stuffs and need to add it back in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo6Rzds9vIc&feature=youtu.be
alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12269 on: November 03, 2016, 01:46:59 PM »

As part of the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Montreal program, I'm making a game with my little bro. He's the main dev, I'm just helping. He's 8 and he wants to make this rage-incuding space dodger game. Oh, and we have codenames as gamedevs : I'm Tom and he's Bob. Made with Construct2 obviously. He's loving it, but finds it's a lot of work!

If you have any nice comments for him, I'll make sure to show him next time I see him.

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
ompuco
Level 3

oh my god whats happening

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12270 on: November 13, 2016, 12:27:19 PM »

I was working on recreating a sorta realistic lens flare glow effect since I've been looking for something like it for a while and saw a similar kinda flare used in SUPERHYPERCUBE. I ended up giving up shortly after getting this far and not really having it work out very well but I thought I'd share it in case anyone could point me in a good direction, or if there's something already out there that does this and/or has good documentation on the subject.

brisknovember
« Reply #12271 on: November 13, 2016, 06:19:26 PM »

Attempting to get Fortune's algorithm working in GM, so I can do proc gen stuff with Delaunay triangulations.

It's... not going well.
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12272 on: November 14, 2016, 10:11:39 AM »

As part of the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Montreal program, I'm making a game with my little bro. He's the main dev, I'm just helping. He's 8 and he wants to make this rage-incuding space dodger game. Oh, and we have codenames as gamedevs : I'm Tom and he's Bob. Made with Construct2 obviously. He's loving it, but finds it's a lot of work!

If you have any nice comments for him, I'll make sure to show him next time I see him.

Cool, looks like Space Frogger?

Samaras-Sama
Level 1

samy is my hero

View Profile
« Reply #12273 on: November 27, 2016, 02:52:34 AM »

Attempting to get Fortune's algorithm working in GM, so I can do proc gen stuff with Delaunay triangulations.

It's... not going well.

that's pretty rad bro, cheers
you definitely should explain more about progress of that on the Programming board

Sprites for a Sonic Battle type fighting game. Note the 3 hit combo. I like slide attacks but only if they're implemented well and don't break the game like in Megaman / Castlevania type Megalovania titles where you can slide your way to victory.

Devlog<br /><br />[/
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12274 on: November 29, 2016, 05:38:01 PM »

Yeah, post more, brisk!

I like the idle animation on your sprite, 24-bit.

I'm working on a board game propotype turned arena webgame (winner stays on, limited # of people can play at a time) and teaching myself a new language to do so, Erlang. It's  mostly Wizard  so far.

Yannic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12275 on: December 08, 2016, 11:10:08 AM »

Blacktop, a 1970s open world driving game to the likes of Driver, inspired by movies and shows such as Vanishing Point (the original), Gone in 60 Seconds (also the original), and The Dukes of Hazzard. You're an innocent moonshine smuggling kid that gets ensnared in a plot much bigger than he ever meant getting into.

Featuring a triple-state damage model (I just made that up), realistic physics with semi-arcade handling, and soon splitscreen multiplayer, Blacktop will give you hours and hours of fun once it's eventually finished. Here's some screenshots:

I'm currently working on a racetrack, and support for rebinding keys. When both of those are completed I will publish a small tech demo, and with that I'll start keep a devlog. So far I've been working on it for nearly two years, ever since Unity 5 first came out.
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12276 on: December 08, 2016, 03:35:29 PM »

More adventures in 2D animation. I'm pretty sure cats don't run like that but now it's done.

maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12277 on: December 17, 2016, 03:13:39 AM »

new tiles to match the stage entity

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12278 on: December 26, 2016, 10:59:49 AM »

A couple of posts ago I was showing a 2D animation, now I'm posting to show a completely unrelated thing. My ADD is on full power lately!

I've been looking for a software to help me compose music for years. There are surprisingly few of them, and all super expensive. The vast majority of software out there is to either produce music or just plain sheet writing. I find it amazing that composition is still done entirely without any tools, besides just brain and an instrument.

Anyway, finally decided to bite the bullet and give it a shot at making one myself. I have an idea that could work and seems simple enough to implement and started working on a prototype. The only things implemented (still very rudimentary though) are the sequencer and the synthesizers, but if anyone wants to give that a try I have a page on itch.io with it (not totally public yet) https://diegzumillo.itch.io/tune-lab. There's an in depth explanation of the idea there too.

DavonMoss
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12279 on: December 31, 2016, 07:10:56 AM »

Looks awesome!

Beginner Game Developer. All feedback, whether overwhelmingly positive or soul-crushingly critical, is welcome and encouraged. The only thing I care about is making better games. Thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 623
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic