Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:02:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignSo what are you working on?
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 623
Print
Author Topic: So what are you working on?  (Read 2320326 times)
SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12360 on: August 04, 2017, 04:55:41 PM »

This looks ace. I approve  Gentleman

For the first time I'm showing my entire development of a game, but in time lapse form...

Sol
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12361 on: August 05, 2017, 05:33:15 PM »

Hey i am new!

@muki I love what you are doing there..
Really sweet wall jump. Feels great just to watch. And ofcourse awesome art Smiley
my stuff looks kind of similar in theme, just not nearly as nice.

Today i was messing around with some quick placeholder art on top of nonexistent logic to try out a few things like the spore-spawning funghi. And to get some ideas out of my sytem. Also for fun.

http://i.imgur.com/zHWksIS.gif

What I learned today:
-the spores busting out of the funghi-cones are kind of fun and i will work with that.
-I need to work on the movement system before I do art. (knew that before but i wanted to see things)
-Spriter and construct 2 seem to be great together.
(for example you can give seperate parts of your character different blend modes like the additive glove in the gif or interchange sprites on the fly.)
-I like the subtle moebius look the suit has. (or juan gimenez - google metabarons) maybe i can settle on something like that.

I wish I had more time for all this.
Maybe I can manage to make environment assets on my way to work/ during lunchbreak..
Procreate is really sweet for that kind of stuff.

I also really like this forum Smiley

@SeanNoonan I made a timelapse video too! But a screenshot every minute over 9 weeks is pretty unwatchable when you squeeze it in under 10 minutes. An epilepsy warning might be nessecary..
also there are 3D-Boobs in the video.. slightly NSFW

« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 05:42:48 PM by Sol » Logged
Sol
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12362 on: August 06, 2017, 03:18:38 PM »

To follow up on my Post from yesterday, (hope thats ok in a seperate post Who, Me?)
Instead of working on movement, I made some art for platforms and walls.
Still exploring, but i am very happy with the style and the atmosphere.
Gotta give credit to the amazingly beautiful Tiny Echo for being a huge inspiration for said artstyle.
And to Valley of the winds, Jean giraud..
I will try to make it more "my own" later but that will come by itself in time I guess.

I also made some fungi foliage that will be interactive and placed them on the plantforms.
The characters abilites  will involve all kinds of crazy bio-technology.
Like shooting rapid-growing spores into nutrient-rich enemies Evil

http://i.imgur.com/cMgwe4M.jpg
TomFletcher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12363 on: August 11, 2017, 08:37:51 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new here, and have not posted any of my own work until now, so here are a couple of images from a game I've been working on for quite a while now.

The first image is inspired by victorian market halls, but with the sellers replaced with vending machines.

I think the second needs quite a lot of work, with the columns somehow having ended up looking like they're upside down, what do you guys think?

Anyway there's loads of amazing work that people are showing here, I'd be glad to hear any comments anybody has on my work.

Cheers.

tanner bananer
Level 1

aspiring train conductor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12364 on: August 11, 2017, 10:57:26 AM »

a fun little town with some mysterious scenery for the game i'm workin on

Samaras-Sama
Level 1

samy is my hero

View Profile
« Reply #12365 on: August 12, 2017, 05:44:38 PM »

Subterranean beauty!!!

Work in progress

Devlog<br /><br />[/
Loop Gain
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12366 on: August 15, 2017, 05:31:10 PM »

Wrote some code to shake crude 2D characters around while they talk.

Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #12367 on: August 17, 2017, 02:46:36 AM »

@TomFletcher, That looks exactly like an art style I had in my had for a game at one point. Really neat man keep it going.

@tanner bananer, Getting some more-detailed Magic Wand-like vibes from it, really cute and choppy.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12368 on: August 19, 2017, 01:01:35 PM »

Loop Gain - Hah, cool and simple effect, dude. Nice one.

JindrichP
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12369 on: August 21, 2017, 01:41:35 PM »

Sol, you are an amazing artist. Just looking at it, I feel how cool it will be to play it. Nice feeling. Somewhat uneasy, but also welcoming for curious travellers. I especially like how (in terms of colours) everything blends together perfectly.

I am now working on these backgrounds for our game Xenofil. They are supposed to illustrate the chapter of a story (this one is called "Strike back") and to evoke a space/measure in which a story is taking place.

http://kreveta.net/wp-content/uploads/pattern07-nahled.jpg

http://kreveta.net/wp-content/uploads/08mesto_prisera-nahled.jpg

Currently working on Xenofil
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12370 on: August 21, 2017, 02:03:17 PM »

It looks great! Is that the definitive background or are you showcasing just the platforms and decoration sprites? I kind of like the deep black though, feel like a deep sea place with artificial nearby light source. Just needs some particles flying around to sell that image completely

ionside
Level 1

what was I doing, again?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12371 on: September 14, 2017, 05:20:20 AM »

Hello, I've been working away on this for a couple of years now...

Company Colossal

It's a hybrid TD and Top down shooter

I think it's going to take me a few more years.  Concerned

Sol
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12372 on: September 23, 2017, 11:56:39 AM »

@JindrichP - oh boi. Thank you for the kind words! Makes me happy that you appreciate the mood and colors of these platforms. Quite motivating Smiley I have been distracted with other hobbies in the past weeks. No more! :D

@diegzumillo - yeah just showcasing, this is not the definite background. Nothing is definite at this stage tbh.
I tend to work on black backgrounds therefore it will probably be rather dark. But since i totally dig parallax vistas there might be islands of illuminated sceneries in the background. Since spores are being emitted when you touch some of these fungi, background particles would be very fitting. Maybe just visible here and there in light shafts breaking through the thick lichen canopy.
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #12373 on: October 19, 2017, 12:48:25 PM »

Who likes throwing stuff? (Click for GFY)

GottoBlandat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12374 on: October 31, 2017, 02:23:04 AM »

We are making a twin-stick arena shooter in pixel style. It plays out in a post apocalyptic time where machines is a much cheaper alternative for the human workforce. This makes jobs scarce for humans. To fairly give out jobs to people in the city, the labor office have started a monthly tournament. The winner of the tournament will recieve a job.

The core mechanic in the game will be the weapon's recoil. The recoil will be excessive, the players will be able to dodge and attack at the same time.

Here is a video of the first iteration of the core mechanic.

Feel free come with critique or feedback.

If this sounds interesting and you want to follow our progress please pm us or email us [email protected] 
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12375 on: November 19, 2017, 05:57:29 PM »

Made a trailer for the game I'm working on

Radiant
Level 1

...and we are the Dreamers of Dreams.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12376 on: January 06, 2018, 10:41:45 AM »

(still) working on a 4X game:

diegzumillo
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12377 on: February 27, 2018, 12:19:38 PM »

I should have been studying but instead my morning was spent doing a whach-a-mole on Pico-8

diegzumillo
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12378 on: February 28, 2018, 03:37:21 PM »

I guess this is a safe enough place to get this off my chest.

I spent the last two days completely escaping from reality and it feels terrible. I started making a Pico-8 game and shut myself off from anything that reminded me from work. This is my last semester on this program and I can't stand another second on it. I just hope I have enough energy to see it through.

I'm ready to go back to work now though. I guess this two day retreat wasn't a waste.

At least now have a whack-a-mole ripoff called wack'em. If anyone wants to have a go:

https://diegzumillo.itch.io/whackem

It needs some tweaking here and there, a better difficulty curve. Missing some sound effects and music too. But I'd say it's feature complete.

Eyon
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12379 on: March 02, 2018, 02:35:42 PM »

ha ha well, for a 2 day game it's super cool ! Well done ! It is too difficult for me but as you said, it needs some tweaking =)

Mobile strategy game in the browser: https://eyon.itch.io/agentsxmonsters
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Eyon_Patrick
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 623
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic