Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1388556 Posts in 66652 Topics- by 59269 Members - Latest Member: soundsgood

February 25, 2021, 05:00:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignSo what are you working on?
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623]
Print
Author Topic: So what are you working on?  (Read 1997290 times)
Schrompf
Level 8

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12440 on: July 12, 2020, 11:05:12 AM »

I'm experimenting with Analytic Antialiasing. Which is a math method of resolving exactly how much of a pixel is covered by a primitive. This way you can render lots of extremely small primitives and still get a stable aliasing-free image. I speculate that the Unreal Engine 5 is doing this with the "Micro Triangle Rasterizer" they hinted at in their PS5 marketing video.

I have been doing this for quads (Pic on twitter) and for Sort-Of-Round-Blobs (for my VoxelSurvival project, ShaderToy) and now I'm attempting to solve it for triangles. This is what I have so far: ShaderToy - an edge, only works correctly for the top-right quadrant. But I'm getting there. Click and move to form the triangle. Need to fix it for the other three quadrants, then use the Edge formula to construct a whole triangle, then I could put it into a Compute Shader in theory. I'm curious how far I can push this.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
Rogod
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12441 on: July 13, 2020, 02:32:04 PM »

Everybody around here looks so professional - I'm ashamed to say I'm working on a simple space-faring text game in C# (although I've been considering porting to Java for compatibility reasons and because Java is my native language Ninja)

Got a little video of the rough idea from a few versions ago:

Plus some screenshots:

Just felt like a milestone had been passed when I wrote a little sub-character bitmap renderer for images ingame earlier :3

Plenty more to do though :D!

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12442 on: July 14, 2020, 06:08:49 AM »

Everybody around here looks so professional - I'm ashamed to say I'm working on a simple space-faring text game in C# (although I've been considering porting to Java for compatibility reasons and because Java is my native language Ninja)

Plus some screenshots:

Just felt like a milestone had been passed when I wrote a little sub-character bitmap renderer for images ingame earlier :3

they might look professional but yours looks cool as shit!!

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
nigeynige
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12443 on: July 19, 2020, 08:42:56 AM »

Plus some screenshots:

This looks rad!
Schrompf
Level 8

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12444 on: July 25, 2020, 04:42:29 AM »

Made a visualisation of a bug I was hunting in my analytic triangle rasterisation. It looks funny.

And with the help of that I finally solved it. Raster that tri-fucking-angle! Click and drag inside this shadertoy: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/wlByWc

Turns out my attempt to combine various edges was hilariosly overcomplicated. Also turns out all the complexity I introduced by sorting and remapping values was unnecessary. The code is now just a few dozen ops, already vectorized tightly. There'll probably open up more room for improvement as the concept ages, but for now I'm highly satisfied. Next step is putting this algorithm to work on a huge net of tiny triangles inside a ComputeShader.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
Tobers
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12445 on: August 08, 2020, 07:59:40 PM »

I'm finally really digging into Blender. It's a pain in the ass learning curve, but hopefully I'll never look back at Maya ever again.

Oh god make it stop.
Suttebun
« Reply #12446 on: August 09, 2020, 03:50:13 PM »

have yourself a wonderful time

this and this and this
Tobers
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12447 on: August 13, 2020, 03:11:22 AM »

Oh yea Suttebun, I will! There is some gorgeous stuff in there.

Oh god make it stop.
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic