Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:45:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignSo what are you working on?
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 623
Print
Author Topic: So what are you working on?  (Read 2321355 times)
FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #3780 on: April 16, 2009, 08:33:18 AM »

Stwelin, everything there looks absolutely amazing, especially the last 3.
mirosurabu
« Reply #3781 on: April 16, 2009, 09:04:36 AM »

So... here's the long awaited Fez clone #1. Smiley But it's looking good, nonetheless.

(I like the first screen very much.. some kind of shooter?)
Stwelin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: April 16, 2009, 09:38:53 AM »

Yeah, i guess i figured there would be some flak from that one. It's hardly a fez clone though. It actually shows a cross section of a 3d map. (ie. you cannot traverse cross sections, as in fez). I started it simply as an alternative to conventional camera angles for 3d platformers.

The first one was going to be my entry into the cockpit competition, but my schedule didn't allow for it to be finished. That screenshot is a little old. It's a shoot/avoid game. yeah.

The second-to-last one (and the one above it) are being worked on actively and will hopefully become more than vaporware.
Jóhannes G.
Level 0

Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3783 on: April 16, 2009, 10:01:09 AM »

That looks really interesting,  Johannes!
Johannes: Looks like "Where". Smiley I.e. looks interesting.
thanks Smiley

On topic: JohannesG, that looks really interesting, although it's hard to tell what it is... Smiley
thank you, it is a 1st person exploration/sound & space experimental "game". The first screen shows the starting point in the first level while the second screen shows a interactive hologram computer text that mainly serves the purpose of delivering the story line & objects to the player.

This is my final project at my art school and it has mainly been a personal experiment with how sound & minimal space affect the overall experience & atmosphere. It started out a lot more detailed with a lot more colorful textures but for some reasons it has been going more minimal by every day I work on it.

and yes, the whiteness & the blindness is intentional. I love burning the retinas in people. (i even playtest the game with inverted colors sometimes so it won't "kill" my eyes)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 10:04:57 AM by JohannesG » Logged

- Jóhannes G.portfolio
Corpus
« Reply #3784 on: April 16, 2009, 02:18:23 PM »

So... here's the long awaited Fez clone #1.

When people first saw Fez, they said it was a clone of Crush and Paper Mario, and it was equally meaningless.
mirosurabu
« Reply #3785 on: April 16, 2009, 02:28:12 PM »

What I wanted to express is my amazement that I haven't seen single game/prototype that plays around with Fez-like mechanics. (I don't count Squish and Defez - not much Fez-like, more Crush-like).

Also, you forgot to add Cave Story to the list.
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: April 16, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »

happy tummies and a better world

Did this ever get finished?
Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: April 16, 2009, 06:19:18 PM »

Some rough concept art for possible game.
Sorry some lines are hard to see, but after spending two hours scanning the picture in, realizing the scan didn't get all the detail, doing a long rescan with high settings, resulting in an image that had a ratio of 1 inch on paper to my screen size, having my computer barely chug along as it resized the image, uploading it to realize the resize left a giant white boarder, fixing that, then uploading it again, I'm done for it tonight.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 06:22:28 PM by Laremere » Logged

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
Morre
Level 1

Apocaquatic syntomy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3788 on: April 16, 2009, 07:20:09 PM »

Stwelin: I adore that first screen! The others are looking good too, but the first one looks mightily fantastic. :D

Laremere: I could've sworn that was copied from my personal notebook (an actual, offline one that there's no chance that you've ever seen) Wink Joking aside, I like the idea. Mine and a friend's mockup that looked very similar was for a real-time platformer-perspective strategy game... what's yours for? Smiley
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 07:23:12 PM by Morre » Logged

The Idea Book  --  www.x2d.org  --  I am Dragonene on IRC.
godsavant
« Reply #3789 on: April 16, 2009, 07:21:18 PM »

Judging from the extra screenshots included in the game, I'm thinking this is what Knytt Stories looked like in the planning stages.
Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: April 16, 2009, 07:28:02 PM »

Hah, I'll have to look at those.  The idea for how it would play is a bit different then Knytt, though it isn't fully thought out, so who knows what the future will bring.  Right now I'm hoping to enter Ludum Dare, improve my coding skills, and soon get a prototype working.

This also most likely won't be a solo project, as I have a friend who I want to work with.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: April 16, 2009, 07:29:32 PM »

Looks like a standard, simple platform layout to me.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #3792 on: April 16, 2009, 07:42:36 PM »

I started Post Mortem recently as a quick prototype to get more familiar with Game Maker, but it turned out being fun enough that I'm starting to polish the visuals and design more levels.  It's just a typical top down zombie apocalypse shooter, but I'm shooting for fast paced controls and a good sense of atmosphere.  I'm a noob coder though so it's slow going.
Jóhannes G.
Level 0

Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3793 on: April 17, 2009, 03:20:18 AM »

but I'm shooting for fast paced controls and a good sense of atmosphere

i'll be keeping an eye on this Smiley
(i'm a sucker for games that focus on atmosphere)

- Jóhannes G.portfolio
Sam
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3794 on: April 17, 2009, 06:45:02 AM »

So... here's the long awaited Fez clone #1. Smiley But it's looking good, nonetheless.

You call that a Fez clone?  This is a Fez clone!

I made it a couple of weeks ago as an exercise in learning very basic 3D graphics and processing, and because I really wanted to try out Fez's movement controls for myself.  What you can't buy, make a cheap copy of!

I had planned to make it into an actual game, but it wasn't working out well and still felt too much like I'd just poorly copied an interesting movement mechanic from another game.  Which I had.

To be on thread-topic:  I'm now working on a 2D platformer with Prince of Persia-esque (the original) controls and procedurally generated levels.  Which is very like what I was trying to do with my Fez clone, but with fewer dimensions.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #3795 on: April 17, 2009, 09:05:50 AM »

i'll be keeping an eye on this Smiley
(i'm a sucker for games that focus on atmosphere)

Cool, glad I could pique your interest!  I'm designing a bunch of levels at the moment, and I'm planning to have a test build out for feedback by the end of the month.
frekir
« Reply #3796 on: April 18, 2009, 03:15:05 PM »

Ignore the crappy quality, Bayimg.com destroys it by converting everything to jpeg. Anybody know any other service that is just as simple? I hate logging in and other crap, textbox + uploadbutton = crazy delicious.
[EDIT: Found a great one, Imgur

Anyways, it may not seem much, but it's my proof of concept of my current game. It's one of those programming games, I've always enjoyed programming games more than playing them when I'm "done", so why not combine it.
The red dot is currently controlled by a dll and it's randomly walking around happily.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 04:15:10 PM by frekir » Logged
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3797 on: April 20, 2009, 12:42:38 AM »

I failed to finish this in time for ludum dare, but I think I'll work on it over the next few weeks and see if I can get it to a playable state.

twitter: @docky
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3798 on: April 20, 2009, 01:29:43 AM »

Lovely lighting off the lava!

Wishfallen
Level 0

Flat-based!

View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: April 20, 2009, 02:43:58 AM »

I failed to finish this in time for ludum dare, but I think I'll work on it over the next few weeks and see if I can get it to a playable state.

Reminds me of the lego rock raiders game I played when I was younger. Looks very nice so far, good luck Smiley

Signature nullified!
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 623
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic