Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:42:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesthe oFFICIAL meaningless computer game award thread
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: the oFFICIAL meaningless computer game award thread  (Read 2660 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2017, 07:43:15 AM »

to the best of my recollection i have played 2 computer games this year, nier automata and the 12th yakuza game, Yakuza 0. personally, i have trouble saying which i like better. however, i am prepared to "cash in" my mountain dew xp points, go to war, and ultimately die for their virtues to be recognised by geoff keighley.

please engage in internecine arguments about entertainment products and how important it is for another guy who isnt you to properly appreciate them in his infomercial.
NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 08:01:55 AM »

I played a bunch of games this year but the only one that is even remotely new is Zelda:BoTW and I didn't get very far into it.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Nier right now considering how excited everyone was when it came out.

P.S. Do you have something against English, Joe? Because you seem to enjoy beating the snot out of it. Tongue

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 08:07:26 AM »

when you become smart enough you transcend the need for things like punctuation or capitalisation
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 08:12:49 AM »

I barely play any games anymore because I'm training myself how to make them full time.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 09:42:36 AM »

highly controversial: overwatch is fun/good

I think the only other game I really played this year was rainworld, which even though it was kinda wonky on release I was impressed by and appreciate in a lot of ways

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 10:19:19 AM »

disciples 2 always, my belowed
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 10:26:54 AM »

I second the overwatch opinion.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 03:25:42 AM »

I barely play any games anymore because I'm training myself how to make them full time.
same but because i do medical research instead
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 11:08:36 AM »

overwatch didn't come out this year but i agree that it is a cool game

here's my current standings:
nier: automata
the legend of zelda: breath of the wild
super mario odyssey
west of loathing
night in the woods
splatoon 2
player unknown's battlegrounds
everybody's golf
heat signature
persona 5

games i didn't play yet but would probably like enough to make that list:
yakuza 0
wolfenstein 2
battle chef brigade

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 11:11:12 PM »

after finishing mario odyssey’s true end, easily that. i haven’t played nier yet tho and basically everything i’ve heard makes me think it’s a probable goty for me so we’ll see? whenever i get to play it

mario is fucking good though

night in the woods is easy second place tied with sonic mania, followed in no order by

doki doki literature club
little nightmares
prey 2017
resident evil 7
cuphead
tacoma
hidden folks
rain world
crash bandicoot trilogy
parappa remastered (shut the fuck up)
slime rancher

i didn’t play it in 2016 but i did in 2017 so what awards:
uncharted 4
overwatch
frog fractions 2
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:19:04 PM by rj » Logged

Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 06:17:39 PM »

Best games this year for me.

Nier Automata
Darkwood
Destiny 2
Hand of Fate 2
A Hat in Time
cuphead
west of loathing
fortnite

Games I was super excited for but absolutely let me down
Zelda: BOTW

Nier I was kinda expecting to be great, i mean, they haven't really let me down yet

Darkwood came out of nowhere, the game is amazing, it hits the right mix of tense, fun, and creepy and is actually decently challenging.

Destiny 2 in particular surprised me, I got talked into it and thoght at best i'd play it a little bit with friends then never see it again.  I though halo was mediocre, boring, and easy so  I'm not a huge  fan of bungee.  Destiny 2 is literally the best  FPS i've played in YEARS, it's got the oldschool fast paced movement  and air control, the weapons are actually accurate so your aim matters, it's not just a cheaply done console port, and it's got a fun, interesting story to play through. (though the best part of the game has to be "failsafe" the bi-polar AI and her  commentary).  The combat actually feels quite a bit Quake3/UT2004 at times with the triple jump air control and weapons like the coldheart (which is pretty much the  quake lightning gun)

Hand of fate 2 is basically everything that made hand of fate awesome improved in  every way.

Hat in time is the best platformer i've played in the past 10 years easily, it feels a lot like the N64 era platformers like banjo kazooie and such.

cuphead is pretty much  a megaman boss rush with awesome cartoon graphics and sound.

west of loathing is hilarious and actually pretty fun.

fortnite (ignoring the new mode which i havent played much yet) is pretty much tower defense + base building on big open maps with 4 players, gotta love it for what it is.

zelda let me down so hard, it feels literally NOTHING like a zelda game, only played about 2-3 hours before getting bored with it and putting it away, sucks I even bought a switch for it and it's just been sitting there gathering dust for months now.

-Fuzzy Spider
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 05:57:01 AM »

Favourite games for this year would be Super Mario Oddyssey, Night in the Woods and Nier Automata. I liked Zelda BOTW, but it had a bunch of problems.

ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2017, 04:17:07 AM »

Does the game have to be meaningless or award? I nominat Streets of Rogue because Streets of Rogue :D

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 01:55:32 AM »

hey when the yakuza 3, 4, and 5 collection that hasn't been announced yet is released  for ps4 which of those are worth playing. yakuza 5 seems like a bit of a bloated mess
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 03:09:02 AM »

I had a list of three games but to give the impression that I'm not as loose with money as everyone else is I'm only going to mention one and that is Unexplored.
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 08:05:06 AM »

hey when the yakuza 3, 4, and 5 collection that hasn't been announced yet is released  for ps4 which of those are worth playing. yakuza 5 seems like a bit of a bloated mess

yakuza 5 is a perfect game joe stay in your lane

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 08:08:01 AM »

I had a list of three games but to give the impression that I'm not as loose with money as everyone else is I'm only going to mention one and that is Unexplored.

Need to play that more
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 10:04:01 AM »

Need to play that more
same, i've liked the little bit i've played, though. i'll second streets of rogue, too. that game is super cool.

an update on my list. i've played a bit of battle chef now, and though i love the world and characters, the gameplay is maybe a little too stressful for my taste. i kind of wish there was a "visual novel mode" i could toggle instead of bashing my head against a particularly hard match.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2017, 01:23:35 PM »

may i ask some questions, joseph? because i am really interested in playing it when the yakuza 3, 4, and 5 collection for the ps4 that hasn't been announced yet but is going to be gets released. my main concern is that from what i understand there are 4 main characters who each have their own fighting style, which means inevitably you have to play as someone with the shitty style that you don't enjoy. how annoying is that in the yakuza 5 game
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2017, 05:53:29 PM »

may i ask some questions, joseph? because i am really interested in playing it when the yakuza 3, 4, and 5 collection for the ps4 that hasn't been announced yet but is going to be gets released. my main concern is that from what i understand there are 4 main characters who each have their own fighting style, which means inevitably you have to play as someone with the shitty style that you don't enjoy. how annoying is that in the yakuza 5 game

The fighting styles of all four characters in 4/5 arent quite as good as zero, but all five of them are similar enough to be familiar and fun if you dont want to dig into each moveset but varied enough to be interesting. With the exception of one character in 5 who is kindof a blemish on the game's combat system all of them also have extremely powerful moves, combos, or weapons you can use to end fights quickly if you aren't feeling the combat at any given time or dont like their style.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic