Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:49:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessKRAKEN - the new platform for indie games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: KRAKEN - the new platform for indie games  (Read 678 times)
PXL-Kraken
Level 0

Release the K R A K E N

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2017, 05:05:10 AM »

Hi everyone ! I am Yohan Chevallier, Co-CEO of Kraken and independent games lover.
My native language is not English and I would do my best to make myself understood. We (My associate RĂ©mi Michel and I) are currently probing the developer community and the player community to identify the need, as we are currently creating a platform for online distribution dedicated to independent games that will be released in 2018 (KRAKEN). We plan to communicate massively early next year. Here is what I can tell you to summarize the concept of our platform:

- We have the goal to finance the development of indie games by reinvesting the earnings through funding programs of indie developers.
- We propose an elaborate reputation system that foster participation.
- A complete and innovative rating system will guarantee a catalog based on quality instead of quantity.
- We have a total financial and decision-making transparent approach. You know where the money comes from and what it is used for.
- Most important, our platform have the goal to bring real ethical and moral value. Here, no racist, homophobic, sexists remarks and bullying are allowed.

With respect to existing platforms, we believe there is a lack of investment for the independent cause. Steam, to quote them, does not intend to modify its refund policy which, as you know, penalizes the games having short playing time. Their catalog is overloaded to the point that it becomes difficult to stand out, especially for an indie developer and even more since there is no more highlighting of the green-light. Dedicated platforms like Itch.io and Gamejolt are too geared to please developers, more than players. There is a palpable lack of quality, players get lost and have the impression of overwhelmed in demos and other game jams products, although there are some great hidden games in the middle. And that's not good for your wallet (as a developer). We designed our platform in a way to be pleasing, functional and satisfactory to use for developers as for players.

Do not hesitate to say what you think about the project and this initiative, and share any thoughts you may have for making a better platform than the existing ones.

Cheers,

Yohan (you can find me here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yohan-chevallier-718bb5122/)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 11:09:12 AM by PXL-Kraken » Logged

Blink Beware the indie monster Blink
zizulot
Level 0

ZIZ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 05:19:57 AM »

Hi mate, Im up to it, when its done mail me [email protected] or twitter me @zizulot , cheers.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic