Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 01:42:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsKnightOut - A build and brawl game for windows and switch
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: KnightOut - A build and brawl game for windows and switch  (Read 4227 times)
2ndStudio
Level 1

Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« on: November 21, 2017, 09:59:29 AM »

KnightOut is a build and brawl game for 1 - 4 players.

Each game starts with both teams building a castle outfitted with cannons. Then, all hell breaks loose! Cannon balls fly, stone walls crumble, and your knight takes to the turf, slashing his sword. Once you’ve destroyed your opponent’s base and killed the king inside, you win!

The game was funded 204% through Fig. And we been working full time on the game since then.

Features:
  • Build a amazing castle
  • Control your knight on the battlefield
  • Play against hordes of orcs and trolls
    Singleplayer or co-op
  • Beat your friends in hectic battles
    Local or online mutliplayer
  • A stylized vibrant art style
    Inspired by miniature sets and stop motion
  • Tons of items to unlock for customization
  • Unique extended soundtrack
    Live recorded orchestra with music composed by industry legend Mike Raznick

We need testers, sign up through or website. You can also preorder the game there if you are interested.
www.knightoutgame.com

Also join us on Discord

Updates on fig:
The 24 hour update!
We reached our goal!
T-shirts illustrations and hats!
Industry legend Mike Raznick joins the team
Final week! T-shirt Mockup and Localization
First stretch goal reached and live stream demo
We reached our 2nd stretch goal. Only 2 hours left!
Campaign Successful!
Release, Alpha test and Game Scope
Slacker Backer!
Award nomination, character design and more

Why are we on TigSource?
We want to create more awareness about our game, and share it with the community. However the big updates will be on Fig, and TigSource will have small but still awesome updates Smiley We are looking for feedback and your honest opinion.

2ndStudio
Level 1

Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 01:37:07 AM »

Yesterday we published our steam page. It tickles our nerd senses  Well, hello there!

KnightOut on steam

If you are interested in the game you can add it to your wishlist and get notified when its on sale and published.

This is a old gem of people playing our game at a event called GameScope. It's so awesome when you see peoples reactions and you feel like you at least did something right.

2ndStudio
Level 1

Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 02:29:43 AM »

Last week we prototyped our arcade mode. It's the singleplayer and co-op mode for our game, where you defend your castle against waves of enemies.

This is how it looks in the main menu

The prototype in action

The blue knights are just placeholders until the graphics for it is ready. We have a basic AI, however we still need to setup a score and a loose condition, right now the game just restarts when you loose. Which is not ideal.

2ndStudio
Level 1

Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 05:55:07 AM »

Last week we went to AzPlay in Bilbao, Spain. Our game was nominated in the category "best gameplay", which of course is a great honor. The other games in the category was amazing, we didn't win. The winner was Rock of Ages II, gratz to those guys. We did have a great trip, it was amazing to meet all the other devs and hear talks about how they created their game. We also made a talk about our game, and we pulled it off if I have to say so myself
  Coffee

It was a small trip but it still took some time, so Nikki decided to bring his Switch.

This is the main stage at the event where the award cereomony also where held.

Our game was showcased at the expo. It did really well and people seemed to enjoy it.

Juicy awards, gratz to the winners Smiley

HiddenNatureDsn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 10:50:46 AM »

Remember seeing this on Fig, and I'm glad you got funded because I was too broke to chip in at the time. I'm really excited for it.  I love these kinds of games that mix creativity and chaos.
2ndStudio
Level 1

Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 09:46:19 AM »

Remember seeing this on Fig, and I'm glad you got funded because I was too broke to chip in at the time. I'm really excited for it.  I love these kinds of games that mix creativity and chaos.

Thanks man. You can add in on your wishlist on steam. We know how it is to be broke  Beer!

2ndStudio
Level 1

Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 06:05:31 AM »

We just send out keys for closed alpha testing

Its pretty exciting, lets hope people enjoy playing it. We wrote a detailed update on fig about what we been up to lately, be sure to check it out if you are interested in the game.

We also got the game running pretty well on Switch, it just needs some optimization.

We have also been working on online multiplayer for the game.

2ndStudio
Level 1

Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 06:55:11 AM »

We been working on the grunt for our game. It's always an amazing process to see a character come to life. Next up is animation for this guy. He is going to have two weapons and different armors. So it's going to be exciting to see how much content we can get out if it. He is a enemy in the game and we plan to generate different enemy types based on him.

Final Model

Rig Test

I tried posing him, he is very expressive, and I think he is going to be a lot of fun to animate.

2ndStudio
Level 1

Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 11:39:16 PM »

Making games are hard :O

We are still working hard on it. We began work on a campaign for the game, and we also redid the whole core of it. It plays a lot different now. Here is the feature list:

• New and better GUI
  • A new objective: you knockout the King and rebuild your castle after each knockout. You need 3 knockouts to win.
  • There is several ways to collect coins. A chest drops from the sky but you can also steal the enemies coins by knocking them out and they will drop some of coins they collected during the round.
  • Now all 4 players can build compared to before where only 2 players could build.
  • We added 7 news items, including different weapons and traps.
  • There is a new drag’n’drop build system, which makes it a lot easier and faster to build.
  • We also decorate your castle with doors and hatches when you drag out a room.
  • There are different ways of doing damage. Acid, fire, stone and melee. Different items have different weaknesses.
  • We added separate colors to each player to better differentiate who is who.

World Map Look Test

World Map Prototype

Read more about it on Fig: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/knightout/updates/776

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

Enthusiasm at dangerous levels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 01:32:42 AM »

This is looking glorious, looking forward to future updates on this project!

2ndStudio
Level 1

Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 02:49:23 AM »

This is looking glorious, looking forward to future updates on this project!

Thanks man, we will be updating more frequently in the future Smiley

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2018, 07:45:54 AM »

wow, I really like your art style!! Smiley

2ndStudio
Level 1

Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2018, 03:25:15 AM »

wow, I really like your art style!! Smiley

Thanks man Smiley

Quick screendump:

The drake dragon we been working on.

2ndStudio
Level 1

Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2018, 08:52:50 AM »

We don't have much we can share in terms of gameplay right now. We are working on the music and the campaign, mostly AI for the enemies. Soon we will be able to share some footage of it.

Untill then here is a wizard  Coffee

Trixler
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 08:29:40 AM »

This is great love the style! Artistically its very inviting and appealing. Keep up the great work!
2ndStudio
Level 1

Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2018, 04:06:30 AM »

This is great love the style! Artistically its very inviting and appealing. Keep up the great work!

Thank you Smiley

This is the most common enemy, who you will encounter both as melee sword guys but also as archers. The grunt.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic