Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 22, 2024, 10:58:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkThe Moon Fields needs Music > Collaboration
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Moon Fields needs Music > Collaboration  (Read 1873 times)
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2017, 04:23:38 PM »

LUNARSIGNALS is looking for a creative musician to make the soundtrack for The Moon Fields.

The Moon Fields features high speed sword and sorcery combat. The driving force behind the soundtrack is the single player adventure mode that is currently in development. It will feature an overworld, dungeons, NPCs, and special locations that will need iconic music and some ambient sounds. The multiplayer mode is already feature complete, and I am taking it on tour throughout the Midwest while developing the single player.

It also has a very unique art style, and the music should match. I'm hoping to harken back to the 90s era Zeldas and Square Enix RPGs. It is currently multiplayer feature complete, and I am hoping to crowdfund within 6mo and release the final project late 2018. Please refer to the devlog.

The final soundtrack needs 30-60min of original music for a single player adventure and remixed tracks for the multiplayer. I am currently planning stepped revenue shares. At less than $50k in incoming revenue, the music rev share will be around ~$60/min, and towards $500k in incoming revenue, the music rev share should be ~$300/min.

If you're interested please send me a private message and include your email address, so we can start correspondence.

Quote from: The soundtrack design document
The aesthetic for The Moon Fields is about old and new things colliding. There are low fidelity sprites that project high fidelity shadows. The sound FX include chip FX that would seem in place on an 8-bit or 16-bit system right next to high fidelity recordings. The music should reflect this by having lo fi and hi fi elements within each song. The high fidelity should act like a container for the lo fidelity elements.

Reference Cues:

More Direction Cues:
Hip hop, jazz
Zelda, Secret of Mana, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy 3
Labrynth, Westerns, Samurai Movies
“Music to hangout with”
If you can make ambient sounds, that is a huge plus
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 11:17:22 AM by xix » Logged

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
pitkevich80
Level 0

quest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 09:22:58 PM »

Sent you PM Wink
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 11:18:40 AM »

Sorry, I just read the readme above and realized this should be in Collaborations. If a mod can move the thread there for me, that'd be great. I just created a new post that you can delete after moving this.

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
Martron_Fink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 02:48:56 AM »

Sent  Smiley
Viktorenvall
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 05:31:40 AM »

Sent you an email instead! Smiley