Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:36:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsThe Moon Fields - aka Zelda x Towerfall [////]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Moon Fields - aka Zelda x Towerfall [////]  (Read 938 times)
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2017, 11:17:33 AM »

I'm postponing my decision for a musician till later this year. Please feel free to contact me with demos, but I'm undecided now and won't be ready to make a proposal for a musician till later. Thank you

LUNARSIGNALS is looking for a creative musician to make the soundtrack for The Moon Fields.

The Moon Fields features high speed sword and sorcery combat. The driving force behind the soundtrack is the single player adventure mode that is currently in development. It will feature an overworld, dungeons, NPCs, and special locations that will need iconic music and some ambient sounds. The multiplayer mode is already feature complete, and I am taking it on tour throughout the Midwest while developing the single player.

It also has a very unique art style, and the music should match. I'm hoping to harken back to the 90s era Zeldas and Square Enix RPGs. It is currently multiplayer feature complete, and I am hoping to crowdfund within 6mo and release the final project late 2018. Please refer to the devlog.

The final soundtrack needs 30-60min of original music for a single player adventure and remixed tracks for the multiplayer. I am currently planning stepped revenue shares. At less than $50k in incoming revenue, the music rev share will be around ~$60/min, and towards $500k in incoming revenue, the music rev share should be ~$300/min.

If you're interested please send me a private message and include your email address, so we can start correspondence.

Quote from: The soundtrack design document
The aesthetic for The Moon Fields is about old and new things colliding. There are low fidelity sprites that project high fidelity shadows. The sound FX include chip FX that would seem in place on an 8-bit or 16-bit system right next to high fidelity recordings. The music should reflect this by having lo fi and hi fi elements within each song. The high fidelity should act like a container for the lo fidelity elements.

Reference Cues:

More Direction Cues:
Hip hop, jazz
Zelda, Secret of Mana, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy 3
Labrynth, Westerns, Samurai Movies
“Music to hangout with”
If you can make ambient sounds, that is a huge plus
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 05:35:24 AM by xix » Logged

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 05:37:43 AM »

Hey everyone, thanks for the messages. I'm a little overwhelmed with the response, and I don't think I'm ready to pick a musician just yet. I'm always interested in listening to demos to see if your work fits with my plan, but I don't want to give the impression that I'm in any rush to find a musician for the project just yet. Thanks so much for reading this. I hope you play all the Zeldas :-p

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
Benan_Grove
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 09:36:33 AM »

Hey I messaged you long ago when the project was in its infancy. I have coverage in rollingstone/pcgamer, I can pm you if you have any interest or if you haven't found a composer yet. Thanks.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic