Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:13:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingfroghosts
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: froghosts  (Read 1189 times)
newtinn
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2017, 12:01:53 PM »

froghosts
(pronounced fro - ghosts)

I've only started making this fairly recently and I think it is turning out as maybe a full time project  Waaagh!
In the game you play as a frog-like character destroying the spawners + ghosts in a dude's house, you journey through each room until you DIE.

I wouldn't mind lots of feedback and I don't care if it's positive or negative. I JUST WANT FEEDBACK.

Download:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArpM6dYCQDGtmX6AoWktko0ZSRsr

Screenshots:

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 11:01:28 AM by newtinn » Logged

"Sucking at something is the first step at being good at something" - Jake The Dog
bynine
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 08:17:07 AM »

the url for the download doesn't appear to function. i'll check back later when you provide a fix

https://bynine.itch.io/ - check out my games here!
newtinn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 07:23:34 AM »

the url for the download doesn't appear to function. i'll check back later when you provide a fix
I've now fixed it Smiley

"Sucking at something is the first step at being good at something" - Jake The Dog
Daquerex
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 07:11:20 AM »

This is a good start, as far as I have seen everything works properly with no apparent collision or pathing issues.

The game is rather easy right now though; as long as I was shooting the ghosts couldn't hurt me.
A potential fix could be making the projectiles smaller and/or changing their starting point.

The opening room was also a bit confusing at first with the bear-looking guy curling into a ball and quickly moving about the room in a somewhat random fashion, I initially thought it was a boss.

Other than that you just need more room designs and some more advanced ghosts and you'll be on your way to making this something more.
newtinn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 04:04:28 AM »

Thanks Daquerex! This version of Froghosts Cave Story is quite old and there have been a few updates since, if you want to know some of them you can check them here on the discord: https://discord.gg/xrxwXn7
On the discord you can check the frequent updates and talk about it there Smiley

The guy curling up into a ball is a boss - you guessed it! (I still don't know what animal it is though, you can choose - a dog, a pig, whatever you think is appropriate  Panda Tiger)

The room designs I'm currently working on (uses random object generation) and the ghosts at the start are just to get you to feel how to play the game and what to do, not supposed to be too hard, but I think I'll work on that a bit as that is a small improvement I feel like I need to do. The collisions with enemies I still need to work on as sometimes you can't loose any health! So that is still one of my BIG things I need to work on Hand Joystick Hand Joystick

Blink Blink Overall, thanks for reviewing Froghosts and I will take you feedback into account Smiley
Thanks old chap  Gentleman
Newtinn

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic