Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:52:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessUnity Ads vs Admob vs Appodeal
Poll
Question: Who's better?
Unity Ads - 0 (0%)
Admob - 1 (100%)
Appodeal - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unity Ads vs Admob vs Appodeal  (Read 3729 times)
xolatgames
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2017, 10:44:06 AM »

Who is better in your opinion? Who pays the most?
zizulot
Level 0

ZIZ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 06:09:05 AM »

Didnt try any of those, im interested aswell.
Andev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 02:02:08 AM »

Unity Ads is an ad network, first of all, they launched mediation quite recently. The huge advantage is the ease of integration if your game is Unity-based. If you have around 20-40k video impression daily using unity ads as an ad network would be a good solution for you, however, if there are more, some mediation service is better.

Appodeal is a mediation, they don't have an ad network of their own which makes it unbiased towards any ad networks, easy to integrate, have a decent amount of ad networks and you also have access to exchanges, like mopub through them. It's easy to integrate through a single sdk - I use it in my games, dashboard is nice, basically, you have all stats in one place, immediate payouts is something that helps a lot too.

I've tried Admob mediation some time ago - you have to set everything on your own, too many settings are needed and adaptors, comparing to Appodeal I'd say that Appodeal works out of the box and you don't have to know what networks to connect, it analyses your users and connects what is relevant for you. Admob has less networks. Their network is one of the best for banners and interstitials though, but you can connect it through any other mediation.
zizulot
Level 0

ZIZ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 04:13:30 AM »

Unity ads works only with 2017 version right? Or there is some older versions?
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 04:37:38 AM »

Are ads even worth considering?
Is there any writeup anywhere about their results in profitability? I find the ads in games very cumbersome. I hate them, really.

Yeah.
Andev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 11:02:53 AM »

Are ads even worth considering?
Is there any writeup anywhere about their results in profitability? I find the ads in games very cumbersome. I hate them, really.
If you have 10k+ DAU, it's worth trying. When set up correctly, ads can help improve your IAPs and retention. I show rewarded videos (they are less annoying) for getting 100 coins in my game, also there are interstitials but if you purchase smth I disable interstitials. Sometimes users buy the cheapest pack only to disable interstitials.
Also, I don't make rewarded videos for 100 coins available all the time, instead, I made a counter, you can watch 5 right away and then need to wait for 30 mins to get 1 more.
yvonne_sus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 04:12:52 AM »

This question is too broad. There is not "better" than all. If you plan to monetize, choosing between Unity, AdMob or Appodeal will depend on the genre of your game, DAU and ad format needs.

Also having extra info for a segmented audience will help advertisers target their ads better, hence, helping you profit.

If DAU in your game is lower than 10K, maybe just using AdMob is better. If you plan to reach out further, then a platform with several ad networks is better in the long run, like Unity. You need to find a mediation that fits just what you need. The cool thing about Appodeal is the immediate payout and the fact that they have tools that help you target specifics ads, and are working on a kids app SDK too.

On the other hand, I know ads can be annoying. But developers need to make a living. Instead, watching for innovative ways to incorporate ads as @Andev explained, is a productive way to think.
RozekEnhance
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 07:26:08 AM »

All ad networks have their ups and downs. They'll have a good campaign, then it will end, then later they'll get another, and so on. It's best to have multiple networks and mediate them. That way you get the benefit of the ups, and can mitigate the downs.

What is the best or who is better? That is a question that is always asked but can never really be answered. But now you CAN try out these different networks without wasting valuable time and resources.

There is a little difference between the networks listed though.  If you are wondering which to go with, I would go with a mediation network to start out.

Using Enhance, you can now integrate all of the services that providers offer without ever having to touch an SDK again. With little to NO coding at all and without touching source code, Enhance® is the easiest way to integrate 3rd party services into your project or to keep them up to date. (Ads, Mediation, Analytics, Attribution, Crash Reporting and more) No more SDK integration!!!

Gone are the days of spending hours or even days implementing and updating SDKs. How does a few clicks and a few minutes sound? Well, follow the link for more information on how to get started with Enhance® :  https://goo.gl/wKGkh8

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic