Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:52:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsParkasaurus
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: Parkasaurus  (Read 34152 times)
Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2018, 09:01:27 AM »

Just when I think we have our water system on lock down, a simple exhibit results in a tsunami ....

Down here, it's our time.
Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2018, 08:49:28 AM »

Re-focusing our attention on exhibits. These are the star of the game, and we've sort of got a bit distracted communicating this to the player. Part of all this re-work is adding more polish focus on exhibits. Now we detect an enclosure an announcement appears in addition to the size of the exhibit (another important aspect). This is the very basic beginnings of a good exhibit.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2018, 06:34:38 AM »

The winner as decided by our Discord community on the next Dino for was Achelousaurus, closely followed by Protoceratops then Styracosaurus.

Héline
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2018, 08:24:55 AM »

As a big fan of zoo tycoon games and dinosaurs, I have to say : I want to play at your game !  Cry I follow your devblog since some times and I really enjoy it. I wish you the best for the next !

Undomi12
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2018, 08:52:19 AM »

the little quality touches you've put into this is professional level work.  the triangular sparkles in the water, for example. really nice touch.
Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2018, 02:34:39 PM »

the little quality touches you've put into this is professional level work.  the triangular sparkles in the water, for example. really nice touch.

Hey - thanks a ton. It makes me feel great you noticed; as I'm sure you know those extra touches take a lot of work... and people usually appreciate them subconsciously and never mention them. We're trying to distinguish ourselves as best we can.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2018, 02:35:22 PM »

As a big fan of zoo tycoon games and dinosaurs, I have to say : I want to play at your game !  Cry I follow your devblog since some times and I really enjoy it. I wish you the best for the next !

Thanks lot's. Never underestimate how motivating saying something like that is. Smiley

lithander
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2018, 04:58:11 PM »

Great Trailer! The first-person crysis mode was the icing on the cake. Whishlisted on steam, now can you please try to release it before my son grows out of his dinosaur phase? He'd love this Smiley

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2018, 10:49:12 AM »

Awesome, thanks - wishlisting is the #1 thing you can do to help us. Ok - our new milestone --> finish game before your son exits dino phase. (it's official)

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2018, 01:56:10 PM »

Just a new little upgrade-able set I put into the game. You can research Employee Bonus in the Science tree, and one part of that is being able to upgrade your employee lounge. Smiley (excuse terrible colors...)

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2018, 10:34:08 AM »

After some internal playtesting we were having some confusion, or people not noticing, that guests would "build up" donation money that had to be deposited. We're trying out representing this with money bubbles above each guest. As they build up donation (from seeing happy dinos, happier dinos more money bubbles) bubbles appear representing the amount of donation, from 1 to 5. At this point the donation amount will dissipate over time until they reach a donation box (strategically place by the player)

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2018, 05:53:33 AM »

Nice! I like having the donation mechanic be a part of the player choice as well, and not just automatic.

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2018, 06:32:12 AM »

Nice! I like having the donation mechanic be a part of the player choice as well, and not just automatic.

Thanks. We're trying to do everything a little different & more interesting. For example, donation boxes do have a strategic element to where they are placed. People will ignore a donation box if it is "bust" (ie. only so many guests can be using it at once), or guest will delay using a donation boxes if they sparsely placed. Donation amounts have a decay over time, so you want to cash in on those money bubbles asap. Smiley

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2018, 05:49:50 PM »

It was never planned, but the smallest sized baby Dinos are hidden in the grass. I find this adorable.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2018, 12:22:13 PM »

Working on more heatmap features, fixing some bugs where not all the vegetation was hiding on the toggle. Also making sure the heatmap is reacting properly to the park paths near the fence.

JoPed
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2018, 10:48:10 PM »

It is nice to see the progress since you started the devlog. Also your game has just been wish-listed on steam  Smiley

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2018, 08:10:15 AM »

It is nice to see the progress since you started the devlog. Also your game has just been wish-listed on steam  Smiley

Thanks a ton! The wish-list helps a lot with Steam's secret weird algorithm magic I'm sure they have going on. Smiley

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2018, 08:13:57 AM »

The time has come to re-do / finalize the locomotion system for the game, and while we're at it to incorporate the runs. Lot's updates soon.

JoPed
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2018, 08:22:42 AM »

Thanks a ton! The wish-list helps a lot with Steam's secret weird algorithm magic I'm sure they have going on. Smiley

You're welcome! We gotta help each other out in the indie business Smiley

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2018, 08:41:09 AM »

Recently we overhauled our locomotion system for dino movement in Parkasaurus. Last night I hooked up the system for the adult dinos, this morning I’m rigging it into the Dino babies. Pretty happy that even at a rough 1st pass everything is looking good. Was able reuse the rigging & animations themselves.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic