Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 11:52:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsParkasaurus
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: Parkasaurus  (Read 34193 times)
Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2018, 07:56:19 AM »

Doing an FX pass on the tiles that are placed by the character (l:r grass, sand, mud). These form the starting of your dino exhibit. The tile dictates what biomes can then go on to be created to match your dino species. The tiles in screen are about 10x20 placed tiles - and the resulting fauna are procedurally generated

Down here, it's our time.
Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2018, 10:39:12 AM »

Just wanted to share our use of the blend system in Unity. There isn't much info online re: quadrupeds, especially on the modelling/animating front. Would like to make some videos for it one day if we ever find the time.

Fuzzy Branch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2018, 11:12:16 AM »

Reminded me of a GDC talk about quadraped animation -- don't remember the contents too clearly but maybe it has some helpful tidbits:

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2018, 11:44:29 AM »

Reminded me of a GDC talk about quadraped animation -- don't remember the contents too clearly but maybe it has some helpful tidbits:

Oh wow thanks, I actually hadn't seen this. Watching it now - already can tell it'll help. Smiley

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2018, 07:44:18 AM »

Final polish for terrain modelling when designing exhibits. Well, "final" polish before EA. So many other parts on fire so pretty happy to get a decent check mark off on this one. Final touches included textures appearing when hill angle went above threshold to to get the procedural grass / texture to appear on hill tops.

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2018, 03:56:56 AM »

It's looking great!

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2018, 07:52:20 AM »

Working on all our upgrade sets, making sure they each have hooked in color palettes that are changeable by the user, and that the hooks for the next upgrade is referenced, house cleaninggg.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2018, 09:10:44 AM »

Testing out some dino AI logic...sometimes I don't even know what's going to happen such as in the pic. Food or food?

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2018, 07:52:08 AM »

Fast forward from egg to full adult testing of Magnus the stego...(I love the randomly generated names)

HiddenNatureDsn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2018, 10:25:57 AM »

Haven't been around to see the progress recently, but I'm glad to see it now.  Everything looks great, and I can't wait to see more.  Love the bright colors.
Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2018, 05:50:12 AM »

Love the bright colors.

Thanks re: bright colours. It was a very conscious objective to go with that colour style - there has been some pretty intense push back from a small camp of the internet - but we feel reflect the whimsical style we're trying to get across...also, it's just more fun for us to make shaders for Smiley  (and do we really need another dino game with "realistic textures"...)

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2018, 07:02:03 AM »

Seismosaurus is the winner of what Sauropod gets included. I'm not thrilled with the final result - definitely feeling the time crunch. We also were trying out set color palette sets for the dinos, but I'm definitely not liking the drag. Going back to more whimsical which I think is our strong side? I'm not sure.

HiddenNatureDsn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2018, 09:35:52 AM »

Love the bright colors.

Thanks re: bright colours. It was a very conscious objective to go with that colour style - there has been some pretty intense push back from a small camp of the internet - but we feel reflect the whimsical style we're trying to get across...also, it's just more fun for us to make shaders for Smiley  (and do we really need another dino game with "realistic textures"...)

Yeah, I'm glad you did.  There are enough brown/grey games in the world.  I could use more color in my life right now.
RinseWashrepeat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2018, 12:56:52 AM »

This looks amazing. For some reason the big eyes on the dinosaurs cracks me up every time!    Grin

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2018, 11:36:18 AM »

This looks amazing. For some reason the big eyes on the dinosaurs cracks me up every time!    Grin

Thanks! When I was hooking in the eyeballs (they are independent models w/ blinking, etc), some were coming in "off-axis" so sometimes had a lazy eye look, and I loved it so plan to keep it in. They are so cute and funny.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2018, 04:33:02 AM »

I think we've finally gotten all the kinks out of having baby dinos grow into adults. This was a challenge, as expected, but still a lot of work when there are a kajillion other (more important tasks). I will say the time invested feels like the correct decisions...although we're under a potential insane time crunch so we'll see.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2018, 01:19:40 PM »

Tuning all the fence values: cost, strength, view-ability coefficients.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2018, 05:54:50 AM »

Finally got a confirmation message for our destruction tool. No more spending days researching your favourite dino only to destroy it a minute later.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 11:59:28 AM by Taky » Logged

Pixelologist
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2018, 08:23:20 AM »

You might need to switch recording software for your gifs. For me, at least, they're all grainy and the text is hard to read. Also kinda blurry in places.
Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2018, 11:48:28 AM »

You might need to switch recording software for your gifs. For me, at least, they're all grainy and the text is hard to read. Also kinda blurry in places.

Crap, thanks. Sorry - for some reason Imgur is terrible at gifs. I u/l to imgur because I like the video player better there, but giphy does a much better job with a gif direct link. :| I wish the boards supported imbedded imgur like reddit. Going to go update it, thanks for the heads up.

UPDATED! Never imgur again...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 11:59:50 AM by Taky » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic