Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:19:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsParkasaurus
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: Parkasaurus  (Read 34185 times)
Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2018, 10:10:05 AM »

We were having a LOT of trouble when our "internal playtest" (ie. our friends) had people really stuck on how to feed the food bucket. Having an inventory (unlike many tycoon games) threw people off. They pulled items from their inventory into the world in an effort to fill buckets. So - we added that as a method, but will encourage people to have their vets do the work for them. Also it'l become much easier if you get a lot of food buckets. It's an interesting experiment.

Down here, it's our time.
Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2018, 01:32:03 PM »

Going back to making some more Dino specific items that are re-searchable. Dino cone of shame was voted on in our Discord, and I love it.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2018, 11:48:30 AM »

Ok - the full set of hats from our Discord vote are in. The hats are a lot of fun to make, I must be honest. Good to work on as a break from fixing bugs.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2018, 04:22:19 AM »

Starting to really get the kinks out for dino escapes & people panics. Of course, then I see we have a lot of banana garbage around the sushi shop (Huh?)

Tusky
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2018, 04:31:05 AM »

Love the look of this. The low poly top down graphics work nicely & looks like good fun.

Could I just ask is the primary victory condition / strategy to make the visitors & dinos happy? i.e. If the visitors are happy it means that more arrive?
Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2018, 05:13:38 PM »

Could I just ask is the primary victory condition / strategy to make the visitors & dinos happy? i.e. If the visitors are happy it means that more arrive?

I'm not entirely sure what the victory condition is exactly. But, keep your dinos happy makes the visitors happy, which earns more money. More money means you can build more, thereby increasing the "worth" of the park, at which point more people will come. So I suppose the strategy is to maximize your dinos, and then all good things will follow.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2018, 09:24:01 AM »

Starting some serious work on guest reactions during dinosaur breakouts. Apparently their fear mechanic is over-rided by their desire for wontons...

Tusky
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2018, 09:46:04 AM »

Apparently their fear mechanic is over-rided by their desire for wontons...

Pretty much like in real life, then.  Smiley
Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2018, 08:14:13 AM »

We've done a complete first pass on dino destruction. This is a sneak peak - the rest is a bit rough, but all the hard integration is done. Fewwwwf.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2018, 01:31:26 PM »

Implementing the first method of dino re-capture. Hire security guards to do it for you. At the moment we're playing with calm dinos for re-capture... Smiley

Fuzzy Branch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2018, 07:44:41 PM »

I thought it was tranquilizer darts at first.... poor dino  Sad

alexis56
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2018, 10:09:03 PM »

The eyes of dinosaurs are so cute, lol, I've already wishlisted it in my steam account, and I'll definitely buy this game when it comes out. Wink Gomez
Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2018, 07:18:43 AM »

Interesting. They are tranquilizers; the dino falls asleep at the end.

Feedback question: What made you think they were not tranqs? Muzzle flash?

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2018, 07:19:14 AM »

The eyes of dinosaurs are so cute, lol, I've already wishlisted it in my steam account, and I'll definitely buy this game when it comes out. Wink Gomez

Thanks! The eyes ended up being one of our most prized shaders - they blink and everything. Smiley

Fuzzy Branch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2018, 09:03:22 AM »

Interesting. They are tranquilizers; the dino falls asleep at the end.

Feedback question: What made you think they were not tranqs? Muzzle flash?

It's mostly my fault for being a little dumb, but I think it was a combination of:
-The muzzleflash
-The way that the dino collapses really fast and poofs, maybe it could have some time of slowing down its movements before collapsing?
-maybe subconsciously I read hire security guards and associated that with guns rather than for example a park ranger?

My initial interpretation was tranqs, so it is a bit weird that I thought it was a regular gun at one point.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2018, 07:35:46 AM »

It's mostly my fault for being a little dumb, but I think it was a combination of:
-The muzzleflash
-The way that the dino collapses really fast and poofs, maybe it could have some time of slowing down its movements before collapsing?
-maybe subconsciously I read hire security guards and associated that with guns rather than for example a park ranger?

My initial interpretation was tranqs, so it is a bit weird that I thought it was a regular gun at one point.

Interesting stuff, if we have time we might change the muzzleflash to be less "gunny" and more "poppy", like a blow dart. I love the suggestion for the slower collapse (plus it's cheap to do) and LOVE the name change. I think we're going to roll Park Ranger into the game.

Great stuff.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2018, 07:37:14 AM »

Implementing suggestions from you all re: improving science building upgrade set.

qMopey
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2018, 10:32:47 AM »

Adorable looking dinosaur with plastic visor.  Kiss

Posting for follow Smiley
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2018, 01:40:38 PM »

This is really gorgeous!

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2018, 05:08:33 AM »

Adorable looking dinosaur with plastic visor.  Kiss

Posting for follow Smiley

Oh wow, I don't know if you meant this but a dino hat (we have many) that is one of those old lady giant green plastic visors is freaking a-mazing. Adding it to the list.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic