Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:44:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPixelot - RPG for Mobile + Desktop
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Pixelot - RPG for Mobile + Desktop  (Read 4390 times)
iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2017, 06:27:02 AM »

About

Download Pixelot here!
iOS App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pixelot/id1254557946?ls=1
Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=game.pixelotkyle
itch.io https://iceberger3.itch.io/pixelot

Pixelot is a classic RPG coming to Desktop, Android, and iOS, that hopes to combine the best parts of classic role-playing games.
In Pixelot you will create a custom hero and gather allies to defend against the darkness that has swept over the land of Pixelot. The game will feature numerous recruitable characters, playable classes, items, monsters, and dungeons alike. Promising an engaging story line, laughable dialogue, and  classic yet simple design, Pixelot hopes to be a game that is easy to pick up and hard to put down.

The mission in Pixelot is to earn the 6 elemental shards in order to open the way to an ancient cavern which holds the power to repel the darkness that has crept over all of Pixelot. The game will feature 6 major regions, 3 major cities, and a slew of dungeons, towns, items, monsters and more!

More

« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 05:41:29 AM by iceberger3 » Logged
iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 06:48:04 AM »

When you start Pixelot, you will be given the option of 6 different starting classes:

Paladin - a heavier armored versatile class that deals decent damage while still offering a few healing abilities. For offense, the paladin class has several powerful abilities. First, Truth, will deal moderate damage to an enemy, but will combo to more powerful versions of itself, Wrath, and Judgement. This is very effective for fighting single target units. Paladins also have a powerful attack called Justice, that will stun an enemy for 1 turn. Paladins also wield the ability Law, which will strike all targets and lower their attack. Finally Paladins have the Sol ability, which deals massive damage but has a 4 turn cooldown. For support, paladins have a single target healing ability, a revive ability, and an ability that protects one party member with short cooldown, and an ability that protects the entire party with a longer cooldown.

Reaper - a heavier armored damage deal that steals life from its enemies. Alike to paladins, Reapears also have a single target combo that will deal increasing damage to an enemy. Reapers also have a combo attack for hitting multiple units that will attack a column of enemies, a row of enemies, and all the enemies at once. The signature ability for Reapers is Haunt, which will deal damage to all enemies and also haunt them for damage over multiple turns. Finally Reapers have a powerful attack Frostbite, that has a long cooldown. For support Reapers can restore their own health, boost their defense, boost their attack, and boost the party's agility.

Ranger - a medium armored master of arrows that deals heavy damage from the shadows. Rangers have a single target combo attack that deals nature, ice, and fire damage. Rangers have a stun attack that deals lightning damage, a powerful all enemy attack dealing fire damage, and a powerful single target cooldown attack that deals physical damage. Rangers have the ability Hide, which reduces damage taken by half and also enables more powerful attack such as Snipe, which does massive physical damage, and dark barrage, which deals shadow damage to the enemy team. Rangers also have the ability Blitz, which increases their damage, reload, which resets their cooldowns, and target, which lowers enemy defense.

Oracle - a medium armored class that provides healing or damage. The oracle has a combo attack dealing increased earth damage to enemies, an ability sap that deals damage over time and restores hp to the oracle, an all enemy attack dealing ice damage, and a power single target cooldown attack also doing ice damage. Oracles have the ability to heal players over time, and a combo heal that heals increasing amounts to all players. They can also revive and boost players resistance.

Ninja - a light armored assassin that deals heavy damage and uses scrolls to reign destruction on its foes. This class is still in development.

Sage - a light armored master of elements all things magic. Sages provide great healing and damage. Especially when casting the same element repeatedly. The sage has a combo attack dealing fire damage to one target and a combo attack that deals ice damage to multiple targets. The sage also has a powerful all enemy attack dealing lightning damage and a powerful holy attack that will deal double damage to dark enemies. Sages have a combo heal that heals one target, then all targets, a revive, a cure illness, and the ability to reduce your party's cooldowns.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 09:29:09 AM by iceberger3 » Logged
iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 08:57:24 PM »

Pixelot - Battle Screen

Hey guys! I have added a new class Captain for the first recruitable character: Garrett. Garrett has several offensive abilities including a stun, and a multi target combo. Garrett's signature ability Lance ignores a large portion of the enemy's defense during damage calculation. This is very effective against heavily armored enemies. Garrett also has a high powered attack that becomes available after he performs a certain number of attacks. For support, Garrett can raise the whole party's power, protect his friends, raise his party's defense, or go into over drive by raising his own stats!

I have also put a lot of work into really fleshing out Battle Screen. Your attacks will now do damage and you can now take damage. I’ve added floating combat text so you can see how much damage or healing you are doing or taking! The numbers are also colored based on the element of the attack! As you can see in the screenshot the lightning bolt damage is yellow!

When you defeat all the enemies, you are presented with a nifty Victory Screen. This screen will show you how much gold, experience, and items you have gained. You can even watch your characters level up! The next button will eventually take you back to the Game Screen but that isn’t built yet! So it takes you to another harder battle! This is a feature that will go into the Arena Screen. Which is a game mode that you can play to battle endless waves of monsters to try and climb a leaderboard, get some quick experience, or if you just want to get straight into the action.

I made a demo for the battle screen that you can check out here:

As always, let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions!
iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 07:00:36 AM »

Pixelot - Overworld

Lets go! So I have put a ton of work into the Overworld of Pixelot. This means implementing the first map, the South Wood! I have gotten a lot of inspiration from classic GBA games like Zelda: The Minish Cap and Pokemon. I am continuing to build out more tiles and images to use in the map but I feel like I have a really great grip on it right now!

I have also tied in the battle screen to the Overworld using Random Monster Battles, and Enemy Unit Battles! Similar to other games, when you walk into an enemy unit’s line of sight, they attack you! When you walk through tall grass you are bound to run into perilous monsters to fight as well!

Finally I have squashed a lot of bugs in the battle screen and I have started working on scripting for this zone and will finish that next week along with a very handy menu system!

As always, let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions!
Al_B
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 09:36:53 AM »

AAAYYYYY! Pokemon/Zelda mash up FTW! (fookin' saved)

iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 09:41:53 PM »

Thanks for the support! It really means a lot!
iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 11:53:05 AM »

Pixelot - Menus and Party System

Alright! This past week I have been going at the Menu system pretty hard. To access the Menu you tap on the top left of the screen while playing in the Overworld. This brings up a variety of options: The Party Screen, Item Screen, Beastiary, World Map, and Options. For now I have been really diving into the Party Screen. When you click on the Party icon, you are presented with a stack of the members in your party. On the right side of your screen is a collection of the members of your army. You army will consist of anyone who is not currently in your party. Your party represents the heroes that you take into battle with you, and you can only have 4 heroes in your party at any time. To remove a hero from your party you can tap on the little x near the top right of their little character tile. You can remove as many party members as you like until you only have one hero remaining in your party! This will send unwanted partymembers into your army! Once you have a party with a size less than 4 you can add different heroes from your army into your party! Simply click on the gold plus, and select one of the glowing heroes in your army to add them to your party. If you want to view more details about your heroes, click on their character tile. This will bring you to the Unit Screen.

The Unit Screen shows more detailed information about your unit, such as their stats, equipment, attacks, and more! To switch between the different tabs in the Unit Screen you click on the icons in the bottom of the screen. Similar to tabbing between different types of attacks / spells/ and items in the Battle Screen. Under the equipment tab you will have a list of your currently equipped items, your stats are displayed on the right, you can see how close you are to leveling up, and your class is displayed! Under the attack and spells tab, you can view your attacks and spells! Spells and attacks that are not yet unlocked will be grayed out and display the level that they unlock at! You can scroll between different combo’s by clicking on the attack tile. This brings the next attack in the combo to the front of the screen. As you can see combo attacks get more and more powerful as the combo goes on!

Right now i am focusing hard on adding items and allowing players to equip them to their heroes! I plan to develop the equipment / item screen so players can view all of their items at any one time!

iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 05:54:20 AM »

Pixelot - Inventory

Hey Guys! So I have really filled out the inventory system in Pixelot. This means allowing players to pick up items, equip them, and have the item’s stats be added to their character’s stats! I have also added chests to the overworld that contain powerful equipment! This will be primary way to pick up relic items!

Players have 5 different equipment slots to put gear into: helm, cloak, armor, relic, and weapon! Helms and armor fall into three categories: heavy, medium, and light. Each class can only equip heavy, medium, or light armor. Heavy armor has a high defense rating, and low (if any) resistance. Similarly, light armor has low defense and high resistance. Medium armor has a relatively even amount of defense and resistance, favoring defense at higher levels. To remind you, defense reduces the damage taken by normal attacks, while resistance lowers the damage taken by elemental attacks. Similar to armor and helms, each class can only equip a few types of weapons. Whether they are swords, axes, maces, staves, bows or even spears.

Players will be able to really customize their characters by their characters based on which cloaks and relics they select. Cloaks can have any type of stat on them and do not necessarily have defense or resistance on them! Relics usually do not have stats, but rather effects! These effects could be extra critical strike, extra damage, piercing to ignore a portion of enemy defense or resistance, the ability to self revive in combat, resistance to certain elements, and much much more! The possibilities are endless and I want the players to enjoy the experience of discovering them! I’ve really filled out the unit screen to allow players to equip items. You can click on any item slot in the unit page, and you will be presented with a list of equippable items. Just click on the item you want and it will be equipped! I’ve also added an inventory screen so you can view all the items you have and even filter by the type of item!
iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 09:23:22 AM »

Pixelot - New Maps and Screens

It’s your boy Kyle back with a new update on Pixelot. This week I have created a character creation screen and added two new maps! In the Character Creation Screen you have the choice of 4 classes (will be 6 later), male or female, 3 different hair styles for each, and either blonde, brunette, dark brown, grey, or black hair! You can also input your very own name into your character!

The first map I created is the starting zone, a mysterious cave where you first enter the world of Pixelot! No spoilers yet, but once i implement scripting there will be some dialogue to explain the world of Pixelot and the story! The big thing about this map is that i finally implemented transitioning from one map to another. As you can see the character exits the cave and enters the South Wood! The second map that I created is the first town, Luma!

Luma stands as a pillar of light in a world that is slowly but surely being consumed by darkness. There are 4 main buildings in Luma. The first is the Ranger’s Tower, where rangers keep a lookout for enemies coming into the town. You will enter this fortress to train before heading out to the first dungeon! The second is the Town Hall. Here you will speak to the Elder who will explain much to you. The next building is the Potion Shop. Here you can buy potions and elixirs to restore health, cure status ailments, and even death! Finally you have the Smithy, where you can purchase weapons and armor (at least you will be able to!).

Another big accomplishment is adding different sprites to the Overworld. This means when you turn left, you character turns left, when you go up, your character turns up. I think this adds a little more realism to the game and makes it easier to tell when a character is a boy or a girl! Finally I’ve put a lot of work into balancing enemies and scaling them to your level (up to a certain level) and balancing out the XP and Gold that they award.

Next up on my list is creating an interface where you can actually buy and sell things from the shop. After that I’m looking to creating some scripts to actually get the story rolling!
iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 08:02:04 PM »

Hey guys, wanted to fill you in on some of the latest updates for Pixelot! The biggest changes made have been the addition of scripting for Pixelot!

Now you can talk to just about any Sprite in the game!

You’ll also hear a message before battling an enemy!

Finally I have also created events for players to step through. For example, you may spy on some bandits, talk things over with the village elder, or even get surprise attacked by a powerful enemy! This adds a lot of possibilities to the plot for Pixelot and I am excited to continue writing these events!
iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 08:20:12 AM »

Pixelot - Items

Hey guys, heres a quick update on items!

You can now buy potions from the alchemist shop! You just walk over and click yes or no! (You can’t buy it if you don’t have enough gold) these potions are now fully functional in combat also!

You can now buy and sell items from the blacksmith shop as well! This is helpful for getting some basic starter gear as well as selling some old gear for more potions! I’ll look to add in some more fun gear later on!

I’ve added a lot more chests to the game as well as items being granted from events! Items can also be found off of monsters in the victory screen!

Finally, all items have a certain rank of rarity! Common items have no rarity and are displayed with a tan background. Uncommon items are displayed with a green background and typically have 50% more stars than common. Rare items have double the stats of a common item and have a blue background. Epic items have a whopping 200% more stats than common items and have a red background! There are very few epic items and they are quite hard to get!

I am finishing up the first trial and will start working on the first dungeon next! Stay tuned!
123outerme
Level 0

Professional Unpaid Self-Intern

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 02:18:31 PM »

Looks really good! The menus and UI in general are really smooth! I like the clean look they have. The sprites and animations look great, as well! The motion blur really sells it with me, I'm a sucker for light/color trails.

Are you thinking of adding a click & drag option to the party menu, instead of having to click the + then a desired member? I think it would be fine for both computer and mobile controls, and would make things a bit more fast and simple.

My next game: Gateway to Legend
iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 06:33:24 PM »

Hey thanks for the feedback!! That's a good idea, I will try to play around with a click and drag concept and see what I can do with the party screen. I definitely see the value in it!
iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 07:58:30 AM »

New Dungeon, Map, and Trial
I haven’t posted in a while but I have been quite busy with a whole bunch of new stuff for Pixelot!

Ranger’s Trial - Pixelot will feature several trials that you need to complete to progress the story. These trials are very similar to gyms in Pokémon in which you battle a series of enemies culminating in a final battle with a more powerful enemy. Alike to how gyms in Pokémon are based on types, trials in Pixelot are based on the class of enemy. In the rangers trial you will climb a tower defeating several rangers before battling against Austin, the head ranger in Luma. After (a really cool boss cutscenes above) defeating Austin, he will warn you that the Silver Mine is very dangerous and will join your army.

South Wood Continued - once you have completed the ranger’s trial, you will be able to travel north (the guard blocking the path will be gone). In this new region you will find more powerful bandits, more chests and more wild monsters. These new monsters include mushrooms with powerful elemental attacks. If you travel to the west you will come upon a map that looks identical if you travel north west or south. Traveling back to the east will return you to the South Wood. This new region is a homage to the lost Wood in The Legend of Zelda. Hidden in this wooded region is a powerful weapon “the spirit blade” that is of epic quality and has very good stats.

The Silver Mine - once you have cleared out the bandits you’ll be able to move north to the first dungeon in the game. This game features quite a few Mine cart puzzles. To solve these puzzles you ride mine carts along tracks on the ground to reach new areas. You can then hit switches to adjust the tracks and open up new areas to explore. You’ll also need to collect keys to unlock doors in the dungeon. Some key events that take place in this dungeon include getting Capitan Garrett to join your party, defeating Xaan the leader of the white skull bandits, and defeating the final boss to get the earth shard.

Other Updates - I’ve done a lot of work with classes, including adding the Lancer (Garrett’s) class. I’ve also added 50 different items to the game, some found in chests, others from defeating enemies. I’ve added an element typing system for attacks and monsters. The element system can be split into two parts. First, holy attacks are strong against shadow enemies and vice versa, while holy and shadow attacks are weak against their own type. Next, fire attacks are strong against earth, which are strong against lightning, which trumps water attacks, which in turn are strong against fire. Going backwards in the cycle will result in a weaker attack (i.e. Fire is weak against water). Finally, having more party members will increase the number of monsters you fight making battles more complex but also more rewarding both in fun and in game xp and gold!

I would love to hear what you guys think of the latest development!

I am still finishing up the dungeon, but will most likely release an alpha / demo of the game afterwards!
iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2018, 05:48:51 AM »

Pixelot - The Adventure Continues!
So if you have gotten a chance to play the Pixelot Beta, then you know the game stops just after you defeat the first boss. No longer! I have been hard at work continuing and fleshing out the story in Pixelot! I have added two more recruitable characters and a brand new map with plenty to explore.

Once you defeat the first dungeon, you are transported to a mythical realm and confronted by Astrum, a powerful wizard that has summoned you to the land of Pixelot, to combat a dark power that is sweeping over the land. After defeating the first boss you come into the possession of the Earth Crystal, one of 6 crystals that will be paramount to stopping this darkness. Not only is the crystal important, but it also gives your characters new passive powers such as reducing damage taken, increasing power and even causing your attacks to heal you. Each class has its own new power! As you progress in the game you will collect new crystals and in turn new powers. You can watch the video here:

Returning home, you get the opportunity to talk to the village elder, who thanks you for all of your help by giving you some very rare silver ore. He urges you to see the Blacksmith Ryan. Upon doing so, you are able to recruit Ryan to join your team. Ryan boasts incredible offensive powers and a number of defensive to boot. This also allows you to have a full four man team! He also comes equipped with some truly stellar items.

In addition to recruiting Ryan you can also leave the town of Luma through its southern gate. This leads you to the brand new area, the “Mortal Pass”, a valley riddled with treasure, mercenaries, and dangerous enemies. You will have to watch out for bears with great defenses and eagles that rain lightning upon you. A notable new enemy is the “Mimic”. If you have ever played Golden Sun, or Dungeons and dragons, then you know that a mimic takes the appearance of a treasure chest, but is actually a boss! This enemy has a powerful attack that puts all of your best abilities on cooldown! You can watch the epic battle and the blacksmith in action here:

The mercenaries present a terrible problem as you try to navigate the Mortal Pass. There are knights with incredible defense, hammer wielding warriors that will stun your team, and axe wielding madmen that attack your whole team at once. Luckily you can recruit a powerful ally to help you combat them! Chase the Gambler! Chase has a unique play style in that his attacks could change each turn! You really have to roll the dice when playing him and you can really come up big! This is also a big deal because it forces you to pick your four favorite of the five characters you have, giving the player a lot of free will.

All this has been a lot but there is still sooooo much more to come! I’m working on the mercenary hideout now and there will be 4 new hirable characters in there! Yes you heard me, 4! I’m also working on re adding the oracle class to the game as a playable character from the beginning! Stay tuned for more updates because I promise you they are coming!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 11:58:32 AM by iceberger3 » Logged
iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 12:07:22 PM »

Pixelot - Mercenary Hideout!
The Mercenary Hideout a new mini dungeon where you battle a series of mercenaries to get back the gold they have taken! There are several different types of mercenaries that attack your whole team, stun you, or are just hands down tough to kill! After battling your way through you will reach the treasure room and confront the four mercenary bosses! These mercenaries are tough and it’s the first time you will have to fight another party of enemies that actually works together! Ellen, the cleric, will actually heal her allies each turn and must be handled very quickly. Unfortunately you will have to balance that with Kevin, the berserker, who deals massive damage by attacking your whole party. Fred, the Mercenary, is very difficult to kill, and Brock Lee, the fighter, will periodically stun members of your team! You can watch the entire battle here:

After defeating these tough enemies you will have the option to hire them on to your team! The hire costs are quite high so chances are you will have to choose only one unit to hire at first until you can come back with more gold!

Ellen, a cleric with potent healing powers, is the least expensive unit to recruit. She is a very good choice if you did not choose a class that has a healing ability, or if you just want a little more healing on your team. She also comes with a potent area of effect attack. Similar to the sage class, she has the ability smite, which deals massive damage to dark enemies (sneak peak the next dungeon is the shadow one!)

Fred, a sturdy mercenary, has several defensive abilities as well as very powerful row attacks. He also comes with a power stun called knockout. His signature ability counter already has a high power but will also do double damage if he is attacked that turn!

Kevin, a powerful berserker, has abilities that raise his attack and intimidate his foes to lower theirs. He comes with the blacksmith ability sunder which lowers enemy defense. He has two abilities that will cause him to berserk and enable more powerful versions of his default single target, row, and area of effect attacks!

Brock, a balanced fighter, also comes with the ability knockout and is the most expensive unit. He has a powerful chi blast attack that regenerates charges. He has an ability called zen that will also instantly generate charges. Finally his signature ability reverse, will cause enemies attacks to deal damage to themselves instead of him!

The dungeon is completely optional but you can find a lot of gold, experience, and more characters! With the addition of these characters players have even more freedom when choosing their party members! I’ve been hard at work adding new classes and new updates so please stay tuned!

Thank you for reading and I hope you have an awesome day!
iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2018, 06:36:05 AM »

Pixelot - Game Improvements!

Now that the mercenary hideout is complete I’m taking some time to add in a few improvements to the game! To start I revamped the animation for the slime enemy to make him look a little more 3D. I’ve also added a new class and made some improvements to the battle UI / UX.

Oracle - the oracle is one of the original six classes, but was not included in the demo / beta because it still needed a lot of work. This powerful class is now selectable as your starting class! The oracle boasts strong healing powers, and great resistance. It also has a higher defense than most casters, in addition to wearing medium armor instead of light armor. The oracle has an ability, grow, that restores health initially, and continues to restore health for a few turns. Once you have collected the earth crystal this ability is enhanced to affect your entire party! The oracle has strong offensive attacks and is a great choice for anyone starting the game!

Battle UI / UX - I’ve made too helpful updates to layout in the prep stage for battles. First, abilities that suddenly become active, such as combo attacks, will now have a gold swirling animation that will help to catch players attention and remind them they are now available! Second, after selecting an attack you can click on it again to view its power, icon, description and it’s elemental color!

These updates should help players get a better experience playing the game and go a long way to improve their play. I’m looking forward to working on more things along the way as ideas pop in my head and as always I love getting feedback from players! Until next time!
iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2018, 08:15:48 AM »

Pixelot - New Town!

Hey guys! So I have been really hard at work on a lot of new features and areas for Pixelot and I just wanted to take some time and share it with you!

First up, we have a new town! Once you cross the mortal pass you come upon the town of Lyte, which is desperately in danger and needs your help! After defeating some skeletons you get to recruit a sage named Luke and assist him on his quest!

Lyte is a pretty cool town where you can not only buy stronger equipment, but also interact with many NPC’s and collect some neat loot from treasure chests. The biggest feature I’ve added to this is Quests!

You can now take Quests from NPC’s and get really great rewards from new items, to even recruitable characters! These Quests will show up in a little book icon that now appears in the menu. You’re also able to view the main quest and see what you are supposed to do next! When you start a new quest, NPCs will have an exclamation above them, when they are in progress they will have “…” and finally when a quest is complete it will show a “?”. I’ve also added a little preview image of where the quest takes place to help guide players in the right direction!

One notable character you can recruit is Billy the guard. Similar to Garrett this class is the only other class that can use lances. Billy specializes in high hp, and what he lacks in attack he more than makes up for in defense. Billy is meant to protect your other team members through damage reduction, lowering enemy power, and even commanding foes to attack him instead of his buddies (what a swell guy). I hope you like the updates and I look forward to updating the beta / demo soon so people can get a chance to check out these Quests!

Thanks for reading!
iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2018, 06:34:27 AM »

Pixelot - Shadow Crystal!

Oh wow do I have a lot to cover in this post! First and foremost, I have finished everything for next update of Pixelot! This means new characters, new dungeons, new items and new monsters!

I’ve added a whole bunch of different enemies to the game, including these three jokesters! (I’m sorry if you don’t like puns…) now that players have more customization of their party, and access to several healers, I’ve made the enemies a little more difficult and given them more hp. The main theme of the new dungeon and map is the importance of handling damage of time effects (burn, poison, haunt). To make this easier I’ve added the ability to click on a player portrait in combat to view the damage over time effects on the player, and the current stat bonuses they may have.

The main feature of this update is the new dungeon, the dark tomb. The player will journey into the graveyard and purge the darkness that has been haunting the town of lyte. This dungeon is split into three main parts. The first two parts can be done in any order.

On the left (red) side of the dungeon you have more physical, melee and ranged enemies to deal with. This side involves sneaking past enemies, or using raw power to overwhelm them. It also includes some valuable equipment! The boss of the red side is a powerful skeleton lord that will counter attack your abilities if you are not careful.

On the right (blue) side of the dungeon you will fight powerful skeleton wizards and their elemental slimes. These enemies are very dangerous because of their status and damage over time effects. This side also hosts tons of different puzzles that the player must navigate! I’m hoping for this to just be the start of puzzles for future dungeons! You’ll have to defeat a powerful skeleton mage in order to finish this side of the dungeon. Be careful as he can reflect your abilities back onto yourself!

Once you have completed both sides of the dungeon you will be able to proceed to the final room. In this room you will show down with the white skulls once again. Be careful, this time they have bows! When you reach the end you will face Xaan once and for all in an epic rematch. If you are able to defeat him, you will be rewarded with the shadow crystal!!

The shadow crystal (like the earth crystal) gives all of your characters an additional effect! This helps classes be more unique and allows them to be even more balanced! You’ll also get a magical leaf that you can use to recruit the alchemist class! The alchemist boasts powerful stat increasing abilities, the ability to use potions, elixirs, and revives for free, as well as some potent damaging abilities. These will be increasingly important skills for the content to be added in the future!

I hope you are as excited about this new update as I am and I can’t wait for you all to play it! Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 06:44:45 AM by iceberger3 » Logged
iceberger3
Level 0

Pixelot

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2018, 10:06:27 AM »

Pixelot - The Road To Myria

With two crystals in hand our heroes are destined to travel to Myria, one of the capital cities of Pixelot. The road to Myria will not be easy. I have added two new mini dungeons that the player will need to complete before they actually reach Myria.

The first dungeon is the tunnel that leads to Myria from Lyte. Unfortunately, Giblins have invaded the tunnel and are harassing anyone who tries to make it through. The player will need to defeat all the giblins that stand in their way, including the Giblin Knight, a powerful unit that can protect the entire party from taking damage. The player will also have the ability to recruit Cole, the Miner. To recruit Cole, they will need to collect 3 gemstones inside the tunnel. The Miner class has several abilities that makes it a very versatile class. The Miner boasts several powerful earth elemental abilities that are unique to its class. (This will be very useful against thunder enemies later on). The Miner also has a unique ability which allows him to dig a hole and recieve -50% damage (similar to hiding) and then emerge for a very powerful attack on one enemy. Finally the Miner is able to boost his own attack, stun enemies, and boost his party’s stats.

Once the player has made it through the tunnel, they will arrive at the Myrian Gate! However, when they try to enter the city they are placed under arrest! An unlikely ally emerges from the shadows to help the player escape through the sewers! Here the player recruits Xaan, the dark bandit chief himself. Xaan has the unique ability to deal damage and hide in the same turn using his dark blade attack. With the ability to lower foes attack, stun foes, steal hp, and much more, Xaan makes a very useful addition to any team. The second dungeon is the Sewers. The player must navigate through a series of button puzzles, and crisscrossing bridges to find the exit of the sewers. They will also need to defeat Gary and his Gator Gang, a band of gators that have made their home in the sewers! This mini dungeon provides some very good equipment that will help to prepare the party for some very difficult dungeons ahead!

I have been working hard on a lot of new content and am hoping for an early release some time this winter!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic