Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:33:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesbump this thread in a year when mega man fans realise that the problem wasnt
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: bump this thread in a year when mega man fans realise that the problem wasnt  (Read 17725 times)
NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2018, 11:10:23 AM »

I bought both collections on PS2 when they came out and I can honestly say ... I don't get it; I do not understand the appeal of these games.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2019, 07:23:37 AM »

even though i was wrong for the first time in recorded history and people liked mega man 11, i would like to point out that my general mega man theis is supported by the fact that the latest rom collection game is outselling the actual new game they made to placate these insane people. regards.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2019, 08:53:58 AM »

It amazes and confounds me that they keep trying to build off of the original megaman games instead of the x series, which was specifically created because they didn’t have to make their games on the freaking NES anymore.
the x series became a mess as time passed by. from a golrious torch carrier to an old shame

The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2019, 01:19:17 AM »

It amazes and confounds me that they keep trying to build off of the original megaman games instead of the x series, which was specifically created because they didn’t have to make their games on the freaking NES anymore.
the x series became a mess as time passed by. from a golrious torch carrier to an old shame

this is a hot take because when it got old they made megaman zero which is great

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2019, 06:14:21 PM »

SO, the reveal for the From SoftwarexGeorge Martin collaboration Elden Thrones has a scene where a man puts on another man's arm over his own arm possibly to give it Mega Buster style powers. This leaves us with a few questiong mainly will claiming boss souls give us access to their specific candy coloured special powers and is George Martin a fan of Mega Man. Might explain the final series of GOT ZING!

If my suspicions are true then this will be From Software's worst game but they still have time to turn it around. It would be such a shame to go from the rad grappling hook action, arseball grabbing time that was Sekiro to something that the vast majority of people still don't know: that Mega Man sucks.
fluffrabbit
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2019, 08:42:07 PM »

The NES used the industry standard 6502. The SNES was no easier to develop for despite its enhanced power, and it is my opinion that no third-party developer stood a chance of making something decent for the SNES. The Street Fighter II ports (especially The New Challengers) were an exception because of the insane budget put into them, but if you were a small-time developer back then the SNES was a death sentence, much like the indie developers who try to make PS4 games these days.

Mega Man was Capcom so I don't know why they couldn't find the resources to make Mega Man X playable, but a lot could have gone wrong and did go wrong.

But why talk about it? I must be incredibly bored.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2019, 12:29:16 AM »

some interesting points in these last few posts that i disagree with, however we share a single ground truth through which we can all communicate: mega man sucks
fluffrabbit
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2019, 10:58:35 AM »

I actually think the NES Mega Man games were pretty good. They didn't have all the blabbering that Mega Man X wasted everyone's time with.
alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2022, 11:00:21 AM »

it doesn't look good yo
i actually played and enjoyed this game so fuck past me

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2022, 07:42:44 AM »