Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:39:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPrimary Host - A hi-bit action shooter / survival horror
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Primary Host - A hi-bit action shooter / survival horror  (Read 3441 times)
Cruckz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2017, 03:09:29 PM »

Hi Vance loving the look and feel of the project, especially the zombie animation. I think the main character walk could do with a little work though, he doesn't seem to be lifting his feet of the ground at all. The Animators Survival Kit might be a good read for you, its cheap or I'm sure you could find a pdf online if you wanted.

Keep it up the good work Smiley

Alexey Tronov
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 09:58:22 AM »

Hi Vance loving the look and feel of the project, especially the zombie animation. I think the main character walk could do with a little work though, he doesn't seem to be lifting his feet of the ground at all. The Animators Survival Kit might be a good read for you, its cheap or I'm sure you could find a pdf online if you wanted.

Keep it up the good work Smiley
Hi Cruckz, thanks for your kind words of support. Animation Survival Kit is definitely one of the "mustreed" books for every artist and i'll take time to check it out.

Meanwhile i've tried to implement physics in current build. Basically it's not a physics-based game - it will be used usually for some enviromental things but it has great potential (maybe for puzzles or sort of) with inverse kinematics system that i working on right now. Stay tuned.

Personal Twitter
Mochnant
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2017, 10:45:38 AM »

Love the look of the prototype, I'm looking forward to keeping up.

I'm sure "it is known" as they say, but the legs/walking animations are not yet right.  I also prefer Frank with long sleeves.  Makes him a little more mysterious, in my opinion.
Alexey Tronov
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2017, 11:48:05 AM »

This looks super slick and that placeholder UI is gorgeous! I'm curious about the 7 replacing the 'S' in the logo?
Thanks! I thought that it's quite obvious that 7 replacing the s, like the first letter of word "seven". Maybe i should redesign it somehow, dunno.
Love the look of the prototype, I'm looking forward to keeping up.

I'm sure "it is known" as they say, but the legs/walking animations are not yet right.  I also prefer Frank with long sleeves.  Makes him a little more mysterious, in my opinion.
Thanks dude. I prefer long sleeves style just like you to be honest. It's still wip until i find the best solution of how he should look.

Cave Story I'm tired as fcuk but i should show you something, TIG.
Instead of making AI and the first enemy i've as always sunk in to the things that i love to make. I've made some different sized fonts, polished some UI elements and started to make an inventory system. This is how it looks atm.

Fade in/out of UI elements via some shaders magic WIP.

First environment tiles. WIP.

Guess what? WIP.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 12:51:02 PM by vncflwrs » Logged

Personal Twitter
rarelikeaunicorn
Level 0

Just keep walking.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2017, 09:39:52 PM »

Thanks! I thought that it's quite obvious that 7 replacing the s, like the first letter of word "seven". Maybe i should redesign it somehow, dunno.

Ah, it's obvious that the 7 is replacing an 'S' visually but I'm not sure that the reasoning behind it comes across as well as you might want. Does the number 7 have a particular importance in the game? Was this just an aesthetic choice for the logo?

Alexey Tronov
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2017, 05:55:24 AM »

Ah, it's obvious that the 7 is replacing an 'S' visually but I'm not sure that the reasoning behind it comes across as well as you might want. Does the number 7 have a particular importance in the game? Was this just an aesthetic choice for the logo?
Actually it is 07 in the title image.  I wouldn't explain meaning of that right now but i can say so far that it has connections to the story.

WIP concepts of some enemies. Regular host, Pregnant guy and a lord of tentackles.  Cheesy

First prototype of inverse kinematics at work.

I've also started make ragdolls system. Requires some tweaks with mass and offsets, but it works.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 10:16:04 AM by vncflwrs » Logged

Personal Twitter
Alexey Tronov
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2017, 09:29:09 AM »

Hi tig.

The idea of ​​PH was born long time ago, probably when i've pick'd up a gamepad for the first time in elemetary school. I've started to work on PH in 2015-2016. I've build up some prototypes, learn'd GML, made a tons of different sprites to find the best looking style for game's atmosphere and for now i have a pretty strong story to implement in to the game.

But in June 2017 shit happened. A conscription. So for the 1 year i forced to be an actual soldier of military service. Obviously it's a place where you can't do what you want and what you'd like, instead of this you should be a brainwashed unit and execute other's orders. But in one day a miracle happend. I've got an access to an old PC like for a 2 hours per day at night time. And i've decided to continue work at the game even in a such horrible environment around me, because my old friend said some words that still blinking in my head: Anything that'll happens tomorrow will not affect on work that you'll do now. But my access to PC is over since.. today.

The game is not canceled. It's on-hold. Not by my own wish.

There is a possibility that after week or more i'll get access to PC again but it's kinda unlikely. In a worst scenario i'll return to home/online only in June 2018.

I have clear vision of how game should look and feel and i'm pretty sure that i can finish it. In any case, i'll be back, it's just a matter of time. Because gamedev is a thing that makes me feel... alive. And just because games matter.

A video game development is quite tough and painful way that hundreds of developers overcome across the world everyday and i wish one day i'll become one of them.

Feel free to contact viа e-mail with me if you bored or if you have something to say. Cya! Gomez
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 12:11:58 PM by vncflwrs » Logged

Personal Twitter
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2017, 10:25:10 AM »

In the grand scheme of things, half a year will pass by in a blink of an eye. Wink

The ragdolls movements are looking good.  But that phyics-defying box looks out of place. I'm referring to the fact where the box looks like as if it remains in perfect balance after rotating 90 degrees.  It'd be better to either use boxes from side view from the beginning to have them "turn" after being rotated.

It looks a bit "odd" with the tentacles following the mouse in synchronized fashion, but I can certainly imagine it looking great as an enemy. Smiley

The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2017, 11:32:22 AM »

looks good todd

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Alexey Tronov
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2018, 05:19:21 AM »

I'm back with another mockup with shitty lights  Gomez

« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 05:38:51 AM by kötejkin » Logged

Personal Twitter
Ohmnivore
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2018, 09:23:00 AM »

Keep it up!

I love the art and the atmosphere, will keep a close watch on this.

I like the lights a lot but I'm not sure about the dithering around the barrel.

Alexey Tronov
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2018, 09:49:39 AM »

Keep it up!

I love the art and the atmosphere, will keep a close watch on this.

I like the lights a lot but I'm not sure about the dithering around the barrel.
Well actually it's not lighting dithering, black pattern is an outside fence. I've probably messed up with layer depth so it looks like light doesn't affect on it. Thanks.

Personal Twitter
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic