Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 03:14:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSurreality: a surreal exploration/adventure game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Surreality: a surreal exploration/adventure game  (Read 1517 times)
sergio9024
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2017, 06:48:37 PM »

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I'll show you a game I have been working on since january.

Surreality is mainly a surreal exploration game. The objective is to find all the masks of power in an open world, solving puzzles, platforming and fighting enemies.

Here is a trailer I made some months ago:

Here is a more recent video, showing the battle and level systems:

I will be updating this post, you can also subscribe to my youtube channel for updates.

My objective with this game is combining a surreal aesthetic, (inspired mainly by surreal and metaphysical paintings) with mainstream game mechanics (combat, platforming, puzzle solving). Which is something I haven't seen done a lot in video games, most surreal video games focus mainly on the visuals and exploration, leaving aside game mechanics and interaction with the environment.

I also want this to be a fully surreal adventure, in the sense that the reality inside the game, is a surreal one, and not a logical/rational reality that uses a surrealist aesthetic: I don't want to say "this is the world inside the main character's head", "this is how he sees the world" or "he is in a comma and all of this is a dream", of course everyone is free to interpret the game, but I'm not creating a logic to explain the world I'm making in the video game.

Here is another video showing the mechanic of the latest mask I added:

Any feedback is appreciated. I want to know what people think about the look, the mechanics, the concept or anything else. Thanks :D
sergio9024
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 07:11:44 PM »

I uploaded a new video, the bear mask increases your speed and long jump.

sergio9024
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 07:21:40 PM »

​I've been working on the enemies ai, now they strafe arround you instead of moving directly torwards you, unless you are not in close range, then they will follow you in a straight path. I also added an animation when using magic attacks, that are not magic attacks now, they are mental attacks, and an animation when falling from a long distance.

sergio9024
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 06:08:45 PM »

I uploaded a new video: testing the red giant's attacks

PsycheMac
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 11:41:28 PM »

This is awesome. Reminds me a lot of a surrealist exploration type game I tried to make in Unreal a while back. Maybe Ill post a couple screenshots of it for possible inspiration if I find where they are.

Twitter: @PsycheMac
sergio9024
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 08:16:59 PM »

This is awesome. Reminds me a lot of a surrealist exploration type game I tried to make in Unreal a while back. Maybe Ill post a couple screenshots of it for possible inspiration if I find where they are.

Thanks, show me the screenshots if you find them, I'll appreciate it.
sergio9024
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 01:33:04 PM »

I uploaded a new video showing a new area I've been working on.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic