Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:53:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGame development - Online RPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Game development - Online RPG  (Read 876 times)
CrypThom
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2017, 03:38:26 AM »

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could give me an indication on what it would take to create a 2D / 2.5D multiplayer game (online rpg)
I'm not sure if you guys are familiar  with (conquer online) which is an open world multiplayer role play game.

Would be great if you guys could give me an indication about howmuch man-power it would take.
Please take a look: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=conquer+online

Our plan is to have a similar platform based game including battle and level systems, eco systems, currency systems, trade systems and more.

Just if you take a look at this game. How much time would be needed to develop a similar game like this?
We ourselves do not have any experience in game developing whatsoever. That's why I'm asking questions.

Hopefully you guys can give us an indication on howmany people and funds would be needed.

We are currently talking with investors who are interested in our concept.

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 07:45:05 AM »

If you are asking a web forum for something as basic as “how hard is it to do this kind of project” while talking to investors I think you are a little head of yourself

Even if the answer is “it is actually really easy” you admit you lack the skillset required to make it happen.

This isn’t what you want to hear I’m sure, but, well, it is as helpful as I can be
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 08:13:25 AM »

i hope that "crypt" part in your nickname is derivative from crypt and not from cryptocyrrency mining
CrypThom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 11:29:41 AM »

If you are asking a web forum for something as basic as “how hard is it to do this kind of project” while talking to investors I think you are a little head of yourself

Even if the answer is “it is actually really easy” you admit you lack the skillset required to make it happen.

This isn’t what you want to hear I’m sure, but, well, it is as helpful as I can be

I see what you are saying. However the question is still open. We definitely lack the skillset to make it happen that's why we gather information. We bring ideas - speak with our investors, whenever there is interest/opportunity we speak to the public and gather information. Thats what and how we have been existing for years.

I feel there is a lot of knowledge on this forum that's why I wrote a quick message.  Hand Thumbs Up Right
If you guys need more information just let me know and i'll answer questions in order to get an estimation. If this is the wrong forum to ask I understand as well Smiley

i hope that "crypt" part in your nickname is derivative from crypt and not from cryptocyrrency mining

Crypt part in my nickname has nothing to do with cryptocurrency mining. My companions and I were quite lucky to get early into cryptocurrency. Thats why we are able to do what we're doing.

Thank you in advance!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 02:43:04 PM »

People on this forum usually discourage developing an MMO as your first project, and with good reason. I can't tell you exactly how much manpower you'll need but commercial MMOs are complex and expensive to develop and require continuous maintenance after launch. This includes server maintenance, developing new content/patches, marketing to grow your playerbase, and probably things like community management and customer support as well.
Maximillian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 04:37:27 AM »

I guess you need to ask someone with an experience in developing these kinds of games. Most people here focus on retro stuff.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 04:46:14 AM »

that a very broad generalisation, i saw some 3d rpg devlogs
question is too vague and broad and asked by person with 0 experience in games production, so its hard to answer. Yuo can get some kid cobble together isometric rpg from unity assets in month or you can hire an actual team and theyll gonna barely make it in 6 years.
That really depends on scope and desired level of polish, whats "ecosystem" for example?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 04:51:32 AM by Cobralad » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic