Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:50:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessOne Hour One Life teaser video feedback
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: One Hour One Life teaser video feedback  (Read 1124 times)
Jason Rohrer
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2017, 05:19:36 PM »

Here's a close-to-final-draft of a teaser video for my new game:

This is a kind of placeholder video that will go on the main website for visitors to watch over the next few months.

I'll be making a "real" launch trailer that explains the game better, but I didn't want to release that video until the game is available to the public.  I want people who watch that final trailer video to be able to get the game right away.

So, I need some kind of other video in the mean time.  This is supposed to be somewhat mysterious.  A teaser.  You all might remember the other teaser that Tom and I did more than a year ago.  After Tom and I parted ways, I took that video down.

I've spent about 2 weeks working on this video so far, so I'm not looking for back-to-the-drawing-board feedback.  But if anything simple jumps out at you, please let me know.
Jason Rohrer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 12:40:31 PM »

Welp.... I remember this forum being livelier back in the day.  I'm getting old, times have changed, etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, final version of video (with help from other forums) is here:

Maximillian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 03:19:07 AM »

I've been following this game for a little while. I think the premise is great. As for what the rest of this forum thinks, I don't know, the forum is pretty dead as you can see for yourself. Very sad. But oh well.
litHermit
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 04:27:14 AM »

Haha, that made me laugh (and knowing nothing about the game before, actually a bit interested in the game).
I'm glad the footsteps sound is much better now, however the sounds of the baby cry are quite annoying to me (not in a cute way, rather they feel badly executed).
Another issue with the video is - it's too long, especially the browsing sequence. I nearly lost interest in watching past 100 objects, and even then it felt like it went on too long.

Jason Rohrer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 08:27:59 AM »

Yeah, I may revisit that baby sound again at some point.

I'm doing everything myself.... and that's a hard one for a 40-year-old very tall man to get right.

Although I will say that it plays very briefly in the game (for the first 20 seconds of life) and it only plays when the baby is not being held.

So it is supposed to be annoying.  Like, shut that damn baby up, please.  Just like in real life.  Babies on a plane, etc.  It sounds awful, really.
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 01:10:27 PM »

I never cried as a baby. Game looks amusing btw.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
litHermit
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 03:59:07 PM »

I get the need for "baby being annoying", that is fine. It's just the sound itself is jarring (doesn't really sound like a real baby to me, and is off with the rest of the game; kinda like footsteps were earlier - if that makes sense?).
Usually I wouldn't say it matters much, but it's among first impressions in the videos.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic