Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 06:04:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessOne discord channel, or more ?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: One discord channel, or more ?  (Read 962 times)
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: December 19, 2017, 06:40:57 PM »

My partner and I are working on two games for Steam, we have a comics website, a few apps. We are slowly expanding.
We're soon planning to go public with the games, with merchandise for the comics site and other content that we do.

In the marketing process, we'd also like to create a discord server.
My question is : should we create a discord server for our company, or a discord server for each of our projects individually ? i.e.: one for each game, one for the comics site, one for each app, one for her art, etc.

I'd prefer just one discord server since it might be a lot more populated, and it would be a lot easier for us to manage and update it. Any thoughts ?

Tasty-Lempons
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 12:41:05 PM »

Personally I would have separate discords for each game. Most discord servers I have joined are specific to the game, so it seems most people also create one per game. The problem I can see with having one discord server is that as you expand your company and make more games/projects it may become cluttered and messy.

But that's just my own opinion, best of luck with whatever you decide 

Danibi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 07:23:20 AM »

I think that a single server is better. Then you can create more Channels inside the server.
It's easier for you to manage and for your followers to know the other channels.

I\\\'m and indie developer.<br />My team is Fantastico Studio.<br />My preferred game is Landflix Odyssey!!  Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic