Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:45:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGame Idea: Lyricist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Game Idea: Lyricist  (Read 735 times)
SypherZent
Level 0

Software Development Engineer

View Profile WWW
« on: December 23, 2017, 04:28:51 PM »

Hey, I was thinking of a random game idea and I figured I'd post it here.

You know how Eminem writes his songs? Probably not.
It was in that video, Stan.

You take a pad with you and when you come up with a rhyme phrase, you jot it down.
Eventually you have "Lego Blocks" of short phrases you can piece together, then tweak using syllables.

How about a Visual Novel or Point and Click sort of game, where you discover Lyrics through interacting with people.
Short rhyming phrases.

Then, you can try to get "discovered" at freestyle competitions by piecing together lyrics that rhyme and such in however way you would like.

For example:

Nouns:
cat
hat
band
some sand
tree
just me

Contextual "Glue" Sentence Start Phrases & Parts:
I can be (a, an, some, etc.)
Without (a, an, some, etc.)
Playing (with, some, etc.)
Like (a, an, some, etc.)
Or (a, an, some, etc.)
In (a, an, some, etc.)
Just (a, an, some, etc.)

In game you piece it however you want, once you discover these.

If it makes sense (A.I. can have a list of accepted ones, and work can be done to print every possible combination and then manually go through the worst ones with a judging scaling system.

This is why I say Visual Novel because combinations will compound so you don't want 1000s of phrases, and it can be quite short and sweet.

Example 1:
"Playing with some sand,
I can be just me
Or a tree
Without a band
Like a cat
In a hat"

Example 2:
"Playing with just me,
Or a tree
Or a band
Without some sand
I can be
Like a cat
In a hat"

Example 3:
"I can be
In a band
Without a hat
Like a tree
<
Or
Just
>
Like me."

Note: The A.I. can detect sole parts to join them when it detects the next Starter piece, so it can rewrite that last as a sentence: "Or just like me."

Would anyone even find this fun? o.O

Thanks for reading. :D
AlexRamallo
Level 1

:0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 11:00:49 AM »

Seems interesting, but I don't think it would work unless you have a voice actually singing the lyrics, and that'd be really hard to do well. Even though combining words that rhyme is easy, there are many different ways to sing the same phrase. Even if you get like a vocaloid to sing the words to an appropriate track, you'd have to add a lot of variety to keep it from getting dull and repetitive.

Not saying it wouldn't work, but it seems like a tough project. If you can do it, I'd definitely want to play it.

SypherZent
Level 0

Software Development Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 12:24:47 PM »

Haha probably be a while before I make an attempt, have a lot on my plate, but great feedback!
I keep ideas like this on the back burner, as someday I may attempt it.

It definitely would be challenging getting the right voice tracks for so many combinations, they'd have to be like lego pieces as well, and blend well. Otherwise, would be pretty bad using those automated robot voices they have now for text-to-speech, hahahaha.

I have seen the study of Phonetics, and there are only so many combinations and transitions from one articulation to the next, so I am sure it can be programmed. Just would be a lot of work and tedious. Would be sad to attempt it without a proper demographic, as it would take time developing a lot of innovative features for it.

I like putting ideas like this out there.
Maybe someone is up for a challenge and needs a fresh concept. :D
Also, I guess I would like to see more innovative games (everything seems kind of boring and stale in the industry, lately).
Lol :3

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic