Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 08:25:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)How much does art cost
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How much does art cost  (Read 973 times)
smartyMARTY
Level 0

I write, code, sometimes nicely

View Profile WWW
« on: December 23, 2017, 09:23:28 PM »

I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I was wondering what the average cost artists charge in regards to creating company and game logos? Something to ballpark would be two (game and company) icons / logos (512x512), about 4 banners (large and medium)? Mostly just the kind of work related to marketing and promotional materials?

I am just trying to guage costs for a project of mine, and this is my first time looking to hire or source work.

-Ross
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 07:35:14 AM »

It's hard to give an "average". The cost will vary widely depending on the quality and detail you want and who you hire. A logo design could be anywhere from $10 to $10000+. But, assuming you want something pretty cheap, you could figure on $100-500 per piece. The cost for the banners may also depend on complexity - 10 characters take a lot longer to paint than 1 character and some clouds. It helps if you have a clear idea what you want. If you have no idea, you'll have to go through several iterations with the artist, and you will either pay significantly more for that, or your artist will hate you. Smiley Or, if you don't much care what you get, you just need something (random app-store knock-off?), that makes it easier/cheaper.

smartyMARTY
Level 0

I write, code, sometimes nicely

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 08:27:10 PM »

Thank you so much for the feedback. Definitely not some random app store knockoff  Grin. It seems that "it depends on what you want and the artists skill" is the answer I get everywhere else as well.

I more or less want to make sure, that when the times comes, I am offering or receiving fair estimates for works.

THANK YOU AGAIN, good person! Gentleman

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic