Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411479 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58425 Members - Latest Member: solpreston

April 23, 2024, 09:03:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsPlanning artist meet-ups in Michigan
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Planning artist meet-ups in Michigan  (Read 1434 times)
EasterlyArt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: December 27, 2017, 02:46:54 AM »

Hey everybody, my name is James Easterly. I wanted to let everyone know that I am organizing artist meetups in Michigan, specifically the Metro Detroit area. Currently I have a Facebook group and Discord Channel dedicated to these meetups that people can join.

The goal of these meetups is to connect everyone who is creatively inclined to come together in a relaxed social setting. This is a place where people will have the opportunity to make new friends, share and learn new techniques, and draw. I should emphasize that this group is not meant to be used as a means to create collaborations but rather to create and environment for artistic growth.

One of the things that has been emphasized by many of my professors throughout my entire experience in college and art college is that many people in school or working professionally don't have collectives that meet in person. Social media is certainly a great Avenue to create Networks that link everyone together, but there is an undeniable value of being able to meet people in person and share ideas face-to-face.

So you if you happen to live in the Metro Detroit area, or know artist / designers / Developers in the Metro Detroit area, feel free to join the Facebook group to keep in touch on potential meetups ( most meetups are indicated on Discord, and the Discord invite link is on the group page).

Come join us:
Blast & Smash

Be original, be creative, be fresh, be righteous, be yourself and let no one stop you!

EasterlyArt Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic