Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:06:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[DONE][PAID] Looking for a pixel artist for tilesets and backgrounds
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [DONE][PAID] Looking for a pixel artist for tilesets and backgrounds  (Read 2509 times)
DAndrëwBox
Level 0

The mind behind Mainasutto

View Profile WWW
« on: December 29, 2017, 09:28:29 PM »

Thank you all for applying!, I am currently working with one of you, so it is no longer necessary to answer this post. Greetings.

What do I have
(About the project and what I do)

In very few words, I am currently working (almost) independently for a few years on a metroidvania inspired by games like Castlevania SotN and Cave Story, in which you travel through timelines. (You can see more about the project by clicking here.)

The game consists of at least 12 zones, and each zone is a different environment that can end up being totally opposite to the previous one, so it isn't necessary that all tilesets and backgrounds fit harmoniously with each other, but yes, they need to fit with the sprites of the player and one other interactive object.

Here a video of what is currently developed.

In addition, I already have the concepts of each area (speaking of backgrounds), so you would have the main ideas of each area to guide you in the pixel art of each one of these (besides obviously we can talk about changes if you feel that it is not fitting well the original idea with the pixel art that you did).

What I'm looking for
(Details about the pixe art I need)

I'm not looking for a completely detailed pixel art (not like OwlBoy or Castlevania SotN), but I'm looking for something simpler and at least deliver the feeling you want to achieve; For example, if a bookstore is being represented, I do not need each book to be detailed, however, that this booklet shows that it is a large place with many shelves.

I'll leave some examples of the pixel art I'm looking for in the project.

In addition, I wasn't said that each sheet of tiles (or tileset) have the same format in almost every zone (some zones has extra tiles), and each tile must be 16x16px (16x32px in some cases), as seen below:

And the backgrounds, at most, will be 256x192px (the current screen resolution), and a few will be tiled (or can be repeated horizontally, I do not know which word I should use for them).

About budget and times
(The part that everyone wants to know)

Speaking of the budget, at the moment I'm just a student working on this, so I'm not sure if I can get to pay over $ 100 USD (maybe $ 150 is the limit) per tile sheet monthly and talk a price for the backgrounds with the artist (if he can not make backgrounds, no problem, I can find another one separately).
Since being 12 different areas would be almost $ 1200 (if not more) only on the tiles without counting backgrounds, and as you know, college students sometimes with only have to eat and rent a room, lol.

My idea is to find someone to work with during the remainder of the development of the game, approximately until June of 2019, and every 1 or 2 months to have a new tile sheet.

Speaking of working time, as I said, I can get to pay monthly, so you would have between 3 weeks to 5 weeks to develop each tilesheet (obviously, if it is in a shorter amount of time, much better).

The payment method would be via Paypal, and I hope it could be 50/50 (50% before starting and 50% after finished).

Feel free to ask or comment anything about the deal, or even just leave your portfolio below Smiley
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 03:13:00 PM by D-Andrew » Logged

|| Steam || Twitter || Discord ||
eb0gely
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 03:08:39 PM »

Hello! I might be interested in doing some work for your game Smiley You can find a selection of my previous works here - https://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=22456.0

If you are interested in discussing some specifics, you can find me on twitter @ebogely. Cheers, and thanks for your time!
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 03:13:20 PM »

shot you an email.

luckymee777
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 09:34:26 PM »

email and pm sent, ^_^
kritzlof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 11:52:37 PM »

Hi!
I'd love to work with you. Have a look at my portfolio and get in touch if you like it!

http://www.kritzlof.com/project-assets/ - for pixel art etc
http://www.kritzlof.com/ - for illustrations

Regards
Kristofer Vaske

[email protected]
Loktarius
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 01:07:16 AM »

I've sent you a PM Smiley

DAndrëwBox
Level 0

The mind behind Mainasutto

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 05:10:34 PM »

Thank you everybody who is interested and sent PMs and emails, I'll be answering some pending messages now Smiley

I already have seen all the portfolios you sent and some of them are more impressive and awesome than I was expecting to recieve!

|| Steam || Twitter || Discord ||
production66
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 12:34:16 AM »

Hello,

While browsing i happen to see your requirement and i have the confidence that i am the right bet for your project.
I would like to introduce you myself as Beena from India, I am 2D Artist who is creative and passionate looking forward to work on technologies and provide creative solution.

My Mastered Software:
Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Illustrator
Adobe After Effects
Manga Studio

My Skills:
Sketching / Story boarding / Animatics
Illustration / Comic Books / Info graphics
Colouring / Painting / Animation

Please go through my profile and if you think i am suitable for your project, Get in touch with me to take things further.

FREE - TRIAL - PROVIDED

My works: www.p66.me

Best Regards,
Beena
[email protected]
631-707-9747
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic