Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411496 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:05:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[HTML5][FREE] Tile Remover - remove tiles by a falling tile
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [HTML5][FREE] Tile Remover - remove tiles by a falling tile  (Read 1046 times)
leekeechild
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2017, 06:06:11 AM »

Tile Remover - remove tiles by a falling tile - a free html5 game

http://leekeechild.uw.hu/tileremover/

Tile Remover is the mix of classic bubble shooter and falling down block puzzle. Try to remove all tiles from the playground. Colored tiles are falling down one by one in each round and you must place them how the same colors shall be alongside. If you make a group of tiles [by at least 3 tiles] from same color then them will be removed. When you skip more than 1 or 2 round(s) without making a group then a new line with tiles will appear of the bottom side of playground.

Keyboard controls are:
left arrow - move left
right arrow - move right
down arrow - speed up

Watch video here:

Rastrelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 03:09:04 PM »

So, I checked the game out and I have some stuff to say.

1) What I liked
a) The game is addictive, as it should :3 I spent on it much more time then I planned
b) The idea seems more or less fresh - match3 meets Tetris, but without traditional for this style multiblocks
2) What I did not like
a) Inability to move the block smoothly by horizontal axis; finger gets tired fast XD
b) No 'next block' indicator
c) No bonus items and/or Joker blocks to make larger combinations
d) While the palette is obviously placeholder, it actually strains the eyes. I'd make colours milder

Thanks for the project, it actually has potential ^___^
marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 06:42:01 AM »

played it longer than planned, because I was waiting for something to happen. but nothing ever did. the game failed many of my expectations/hopes. there seems to be no end goal, it's currently very boring and slow. I was constantly pressing down to keep the speed enjoyable and now my wrist hurts.

what I was hoping for:
- speed increase while leveling up
- this wasn't happening, so I assumed the goal was to remove everything.
--> I expected if I removed a color entirely, it would be gone. it still kept coming back I was down to <2 lines and there was no end in sight.
- where are the combos? if a group is removed and new combinations > 3 occur, I would expect them to disappear too.
- I was hoping to understand when a new line appears, I have no idea

I stopped playing when I noticed it was never going to get more interesting and I could not win + I would not have more feedback to give

orochii
Level 0

Abomination of life, or life itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 12:09:25 PM »

As it stands on, I think there is a problem, and is actually how much time I invested on it xD. But I think is for the wrong reasons. The game requires you to be at least half an hour moving the squares to one side and the other. I don't know how much time I played, but I was unable to either fill it up (I wasn't going to let me die so easily), neither to empty it completely. I was trying to get rid of them all, but my predictions often failed.

I actually changed playstyles while playing. Sometimes I played by making sure there was always a line remove each two moves, since that's what it takes for the board to go up. But that didn't work out since it kept throwing me trash hahaha, so I changed to just play aggresively, but still it kept screwing me up sometimes. I think a more lenient 3-move board fill would help haha. At least if you wanted to make the player to clear the board, that is. There could be some kind of bonus, and a speed-up like people are mentioning.

But yeah. The game was pretty simple yet it is fun.

Also I see there is no check for when pieces fall and end up in a chain of tiles. That would be nice. Just add the tiles that fell to the list of coordinates to check or something.

Anyway, good game. I like tile-based puzzle games. :^)

Eyon
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 04:11:00 AM »

Okay so not much more to add to the commentaries, I encountered the same difficulties.
I'll just say that the little effect when tiles disapears is appreciated. Smiley

Mobile strategy game in the browser: https://eyon.itch.io/agentsxmonsters
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Eyon_Patrick
Bober RS
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 02:06:12 PM »

This game could definitely use some better graphics. My eyes got sore after over an hour of futile determination to win the game.

It's kind of frustrating: every time I manage to reach lower levels of the board, the game punishes me with a series of penalty rows with no possibility to place 3 tiles in a group. It seems random. The game doesn't require agility nor quick reflexes (the only skill you need is to make sure your tile is in the column you want it to be...); the game doesn't require logical thinking nor any strategy (or maybe I didn't invent the right one?). All you need is to push your tiles down with a repetitive, brainless manner, hoping to clear the board.

So, what do you want to focus on? Is it an arcade game? If so, it should at least speed up. Or maybe placing a tile should not be as obvious as pushing it down in a vertical column? Some shooting involved, some physics in action... Or: is it a puzzle game? There could be many types of shapes (like in tetris), various combos, special tiles, special effects affecting whole board or some colors. Just for now, it's not really playable.
tomgcoleman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 10:26:15 PM »

I don't understand how a game author can post a game, get 5 comments, and give no response.
Tusky
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 12:10:29 AM »

I don't understand how a game author can post a game, get 5 comments, and give no response.

Good point. Why post it on a forum if you are not going to read (or at least respond to) any feedback.

Perhaps the responses were upsetting in some way
tomgcoleman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 07:00:53 AM »

I think there's a bug in the logic to decide when to add a row.  
Several times I see :
1. clear some blocks
2. drop a block not clearing stuff
-> result new row added.

Part of what makes this addictive is the random element, the gamble effect, or the surrender of total control to some chance.
[img width = 100]https://i.imgur.com/evi6x2f.png[/img]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 05:09:44 PM by tomgcoleman » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic