Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411427 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:29:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & Events♥ ♠ Ace Jam ♠ ♥ (January 1st-31st) - Making games with asexual characters!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ♥ ♠ Ace Jam ♠ ♥ (January 1st-31st) - Making games with asexual characters!  (Read 1651 times)
Metaparadox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 31, 2017, 11:54:23 AM »

♥ ♠ ACE JAM ♠ ♥
(January 1st-31st, 2018)

Hi TIG Forums! I recently took part in a few queer themed jams, during which I came up with the idea to host a jam specifically about making games with asexual spectrum characters in primary roles, where their asexuality is made explicit in the game’s text.

So I created Ace Jam! It will run during the month of January next year, though if you’d like to participate, you can start whenever you’d like. This is a low pressure game jam with no winners, losers or rankings, and people of all skill levels are welcome! You don't have to be asexual to join, just care about ace representation in games! There are some rules though, so be sure to read through them on the jam page.

While this is a relatively newbie-friendly jam, what is expected of you is that you have done your research on asexuality and portray it respectfully. Real asexual people the world over are impacted by any new representation of their orientation, and any representation could be someone's first intro to asexuality. If you don't feel like your grasp on the subject of asexuality is sufficient (and even if you do!), please check out the list of links on the jam page. If you don't know the difference between asexual, aromantic, and agender or aren't willing to look it up on your own, this may not be the jam for you.

This jam is especially suited to narrative-heavy games, but you game doesn't have to be narrative-heavy to qualify!

While we don't have a Discord server specifically for Ace Jam, I created an #acejam channel in my Queer Game Dev server (for queer-identified game devs, but also respectful Straight people interested in making games with LGBT+ characters) here: https://discord.gg/AxVTMrH

If you come across this post after the game jam is over, check out the page to see the great games that have been submitted!
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 01:06:46 PM »

Does a Skeleton count?

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Metaparadox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 01:50:10 PM »

Does a Skeleton count?

A generic skeleton probably would not count. How familiar are you with the distinction between asexual, aromantic, and agender? Asexuality refers to the sexual orientation, not sex/gender.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic