Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1340592 Posts in 61236 Topics- by 52742 Members - Latest Member: JeanARt

June 18, 2018, 09:26:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSleeping With Third Eye Open | Hotel vacation RPG
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Sleeping With Third Eye Open | Hotel vacation RPG  (Read 2040 times)
ThreeEyedDude
Level 0

Sleeping with Thrid Eye Open - GameDev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 06:59:38 PM »

Chapter #06 : Dialogue Wheel / Choices architecture | 'Chewing with your mouth open'

Hello, Tigsource Mock Anger

my previous post cover a bit about how quests, choices, and factors on the consequences,
i also wanna mention about the main idea of choice in the game too.
Here's some screenshots of some dialogues that are not polished but i want  show how overall appearance would look like.
also a location : Cha-bar, stay tune for more soon

Choices architecture

As the game is non-combat, the choice-made will not for tactical or should remotely just for proceeding in game. The dialogue choices will be purely for your expression of character or strategic to your investigation. How would the character/you like to react in the role-play situation. With small-scale narrative as a 7 hotel stays, The controlled-frame timeline help creating intense and rich different paths and outcomes. Choices are providing various of meaningful reactivity which is the main goal here.

this GDC talk by J.E.Sawyer influence me so much in designing RPG narrative ,

|| GUI : Dialogue wheel ||

color-coded text dialogue
; help indicate which character speaking / and also to be visually memorable
tiny bubble for character :
Important choice / with some description of choice effect or indicate intention

Blink Blink Blink

While the game is text heavy. my intent design is to move away from a isometric CRPG panned-out
tactical view approach with heavy text and in-detail description.
Instead,to be be less for that and be more visualized by enough close up to character with animation
to convey emotion where their situation reaction can be enact like a cinematic scene as something i aim to achieve.

Voices could bring so much life into characters. And,also provide realistic dialogue such as talk over each other.
To have a voice-acting would be a dream. it is something i wish i have, but..well its costly,
but its not something i'd ruled out yet,.

This is another amazing talk by Anna Kipnis covering on dialogue system
and whats to expect on heavy-dialogue game. fantastic stuff!.

Cha-bar : NINTARA's hotel lounge Cafe and bar  Coffee

the name actually is a pun between Thai and English
as 'Chaba' is a name of a flower in Thai ,and 'Cha' means a Tea.
So It's a Tea bar 'Cha-bar'. witty right ? or..yea pretty dumb dumb.

Location :Cha-Bar is Hotel Cafe | 'Breakfast Buffet is a must add!'

From my anime food obsession,I also have idea on additional tiny feature
that ordering drinks or foods could offer some aesthetic effect filters
but that's definitely not priority.

ThreeEyedDude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 07:02:20 PM »

Very interesting and unique aesthetic. Looking forward seeing this game as it develops.

The visuals look great! Looking forward to seeing how this game evolves.

Thank you!, I appreciate that so, always an amaze to hear from fellow developers.  Beer!

SimonFelix
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2018, 02:55:42 AM »

This looks amazing, and has a very intriguing premise! I love the animation, it has an almost rotoscoped feel to it. Can't wait to see more!  Blink

sidbarnhoorn
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2018, 04:10:04 AM »

Hi Kian, this looks great and I like the visuals! Interested to seeing how this will develop. Good luck! Smiley

Siddhartha Barnhoorn
--------------------
Award winning composer

Composed music for the games Antichamber, Out There, The Stanley Parable, Planet Alpha...

http://www.sidbarnhoorn.com
Bandcamp:
https://siddharthabarnhoorn.bandcamp.com
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SidBarnhoorn
Modog
Level 0

Rogue Knight Mage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2018, 12:28:24 PM »

Looks so good!

I work with 2D Arts and
animations. Trying to be a game developer.
in my blog(tumblr)

My Portfolio: be.net/gabrielmodog
ThreeEyedDude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2018, 11:27:54 PM »

Happy Chinese new year!! Kian here Kiss

Guess what!? you know what it is! its a kickstarter teaser
the date launch will be announce soon.
So Here's a Video Pre-Teaser :

This game began as a ambitious project and i've been put heart and soul into it.
It also have been a doubtful journey and struggling along the way of balancing between
life and work and the game.constantly negative thoughts ,imposer syndrome and
feeling like Im delusional. sound fun right ?

So! the ''Why Kickstarter !?''

As The story-line and game-play have been a year thought out, The making is more  complicated and
I'm doing all on my own. I dont' think that is something to be proud of much if the game couldn't
come to the completion as i expect it to be.

While I'm pretty content with overall design and process currently on how the game is and, the art and visual.
Kickstarter will allow me to be able working on the game full-time which means more efforts and
allowing collaboration with artists and freelancers. having much more polish and beautiful animation.
more complex coding than i'm capable of. better music and art.
Also,It would be dream further more to even work with in-game 'Voice' dialogue.

If the campaign is successful that is. It would be the boost for the game. It will not just a a step but more of a sprint toward the vision of what i have. *finger-crossed.
It also would means the game would be in bigger scope. However, I have to prepare for the alternative if the campaign is not successful. then i have to re-consider re-scaling the scope of the story including locations and gameplay time according to how much can I really can dedicate to the game at that point which hopefully wont come to that.

||  Screenshots ||

INTRODUCTION TO DOOK

also If you wondering what/who is this ? His name is DOOK

'DOOK' which is coming from the Thai name 'Pla-Dook'(ปลาดุก)  for catfish,
a common fish and food in Thailand. In game DOOK is mascot icon of a in-game
well-known products,ie: soda and food that you cant just help seeing it everywhere.

Why Catfish ? Catfish is already commonly habitat in southeast Asia ,and they look somewhat unique.

There also a Japanese ancient believe of a mythical being called 'Namazu' which a giant catfish that cause earthquake.
Did you known some breed of Catfish can live to extend of 50 years which means they could outlive you.
Also have you seen bristlenose catfish. They looks magnificent.

Overall, Catfish is a interesting creature. I decide to set them as the beast/creature ,
a local believe mythical representation of the land.So, I also come up from the idea of
this 'DOOK' as for adding element of contrast between commercial delight cute icon
and a Dark native sacred monstrous beast.

ThreeEyedDude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2018, 11:43:46 PM »

This looks amazing, and has a very intriguing premise! I love the animation, it has an almost rotoscoped feel to it. Can't wait to see more!  Blink

Thank you so much!. well.. the animation was just rigged. I wish I could do rotoscoping for more complex move. But for isometric animation, I think I only saw on The Banner saga Dev does that but with the well-equipped studio and exact angle capture.

Hi Kian, this looks great and I like the visuals! Interested to seeing how this will develop. Good luck! Smiley

Ay! Thank you so! I'm stoked as im making it too! excited to see how it gonna turn out  Crazy

Looks so good!

Wink ! thank you, It's always a great thing i hear from a fellow artist too
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 12:32:59 PM by ThreeEyedDude » Logged

ThreeEyedDude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2018, 09:20:01 AM »

KICKSTARTER AND HOTEL-OPENING FOR BOOKING | Booking with two eye closed

KICKSTART IS LIVE! NOW SUPPORT THE GAME HERE : KICKSTARTER

Greeting to Our interested Guests!, "Our Hotel is open now for booking "

The Kickstarter is now LIVE!  Waaagh!

'Sleeping With Third Eye Open' is coming from an long time itch of mine on choice and consequences
aspect of a role-playing games and My fascination of hotel setting, black art theme and Thai local believes
which i feel underrepresented.So, I'm most excite to have this game project step further to the true.

Currently,The game story-lines is the most planned out and almost complete while Art and
Architecture are designing along the process. the basic core mechanic is programmed
but there's so much more i wish and excited to add.

I have been plan for this project for about a year, investing my time to design and
determine to have the game be made. As I'm choosing Kickstarter for funding myself
to work on it full-time. And, more importantly to include people working on it too ,
collaboration and develop a team, with artists, programmers, musicians and voice actors ,
making this game become more complete as i wish the game to be.

The next step is to release a demo which will be feature the first day of your stay.

Thank you so much and, I'm very appreciate for all the support,

Kian

SUPPORT THE GAME HERE ON : KICKSTARTER

or

Spread the word! Clap it Hard! here : THUNDERCLAP

or

Follow the game dev on Twitter for special edition OF DOOK HERE TOO : TWITTER

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 09:45:23 AM by ThreeEyedDude » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic