Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411474 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 01:23:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNetherWorld: Drugs, Sex and Pixels adventure game.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: NetherWorld: Drugs, Sex and Pixels adventure game.  (Read 9097 times)
flex$
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2018, 03:21:48 PM »

loving the progress, this maternal infant-slamming hellbeast is dope man hahahah, so creative and disgusting, love it. also, i think the fire effects are looking better now and match the pixeled aesthetic more. re: Steam store images, my choice is #2, it's the most eye-catching.

DanBarr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2018, 01:41:18 PM »

loving the progress, this maternal infant-slamming hellbeast is dope man hahahah, so creative and disgusting, love it. also, i think the fire effects are looking better now and match the pixeled aesthetic more. re: Steam store images, my choice is #2, it's the most eye-catching.

Thanks for your words dude. Every time I hear the 'disgusting' word, I realize that I am doing a good job hahah.

DanBarr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2018, 01:45:16 PM »

Almost finished the boss of our demo, I need 48 hours days...

Here you have one of its many mechanics. It reminds me a lot of "Ocarina of Time"

Gif -> https://i.imgur.com/4rod6hi.gif
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 02:05:41 PM by DanBarr » Logged

DanBarr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2018, 05:44:26 AM »

A dash movement added.  Hand Any Key

DanBarr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2018, 01:51:36 PM »

When I posted the following tweet, many of you asked me how I manage to draw the arm of our character in real time. It is much simpler than it seems.

We start by drawing a segment.

What we have? 2 points, the beginning of the segment and the end, we also have the pixel size, which in our case we determine depending on the Sprite selected automatically.

The process is pretty simple, we calculate distances between the possible positions of our next pixel with the end point, the pixel that has the best distance to the final pixel will be the one chosen to be drawn. (this is very optimizable, for example, if the target pixel is in a lower position than our current pixel, we can directly discard the higher positions)

Possible position of the next pixel
Position of the next pixel
Segment

In an iterative task, our origin pixel is now the pixel already drawn, until the distance of the next pixel to be drawn is greater than the distance of the current pixel with the destination.

Not optimized version.

Optimized version.

Real-time Example

This process has to be repeated every frame.

We have almost all the work done, to have the complete arm we just have to position the elbow, this elbow will be the end of the first segment and the beginning of the second segment, which will move based on the position of the initial point of the first segment and the end point of the second segment.

Real-time Example

Ready, we have our fully functional arm , let's see it in action.

I hope you liked it.

I take this opportunity to say we are about to launch our Kickstarter (probably when you read this has already been released) for more information you can enter our Website or follow us on Twitter, thanks for reading this article!

DanBarr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2018, 08:28:41 AM »

joey4track
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2018, 09:09:03 AM »

Omg is that a tommy gun?  Noir

This might be a dumb question but is there gamepad support?

And good luck on the Kickstarter you guys!!! Can't wait to do my part to help make this game a reality!! Honored to be working with you both and can't wait to see the progress  Wink
DanBarr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2018, 05:03:47 AM »

Omg is that a tommy gun?  Noir

This might be a dumb question but is there gamepad support?

And good luck on the Kickstarter you guys!!! Can't wait to do my part to help make this game a reality!! Honored to be working with you both and can't wait to see the progress  Wink

Thanks for all Joe  Toast Left Grin

PS: Of course, we have "gamepad support"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 06:20:42 PM by DanBarr » Logged

DanBarr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2018, 07:13:43 AM »

Here you have a new version of my last article, a little more "Clean"

Taugeshtu
Level 2

Semi-dormant.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2018, 01:48:33 PM »

Really like those "behind the scenes" animations, keep them coming!

We LOVE you. We MADE you.
DanBarr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2018, 06:19:41 PM »

Really like those "behind the scenes" animations, keep them coming!

Thank you!  Smiley

DanBarr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2018, 07:32:19 AM »

Lets vote!
Hand Any Key  Hand Any Key
https://twitter.com/NetherWorldGame/status/969620920955482112

DanBarr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2018, 05:20:23 AM »

Well, 50% funded in 2 weeks, When the campaign ends, i'll list all the mistakes we have made.
In any case, it is possible to fund the project if we continue like this  Toast Left Toast Right

joey4track
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2018, 08:40:09 AM »

You guys are at $4,000+! Looks like you got a nice bump over the past couple days. I have been spamming discord, particularly some NSFW game dev servers, hopefully that is helping lol. Let's keep it up!  Hand Clap
dyarosla
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2018, 08:56:03 AM »

The process is pretty simple, we calculate distances between the possible positions of our next pixel with the end point, the pixel that has the best distance to the final pixel will be the one chosen to be drawn. (this is very optimizable, for example, if the target pixel is in a lower position than our current pixel, we can directly discard the higher positions)

Maybe take a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bresenham%27s_line_algorithm, which is an optimized version of what you tried to reverse engineer.
DanBarr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2018, 02:56:57 PM »

Maybe take a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bresenham%27s_line_algorithm, which is an optimized version of what you tried to reverse engineer.

Yep, Bresenham rasterization is definitely a good option Smiley

You guys are at $4,000+! Looks like you got a nice bump over the past couple days. I have been spamming discord, particularly some NSFW game dev servers, hopefully that is helping lol. Let's keep it up!  Hand Clap

Thanks Joe!! , We are working so hard on it and we have achieved several good publications in Spain such as Eurogamer.

http://www.eurogamer.es/articles/2018-03-05-netherworld-el-juego-de-los-madrilenos-hungry-pixel-bsuca-financiacion-en-kickstarter

DanBarr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2018, 08:33:05 PM »

You’ve seen pictures of a town, a castle, creepy church interiors, a desert… Now it’s time to let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!

We’ve been working hard this week on a Windows and Linux demo (you’ll play it soon!), but there’s more: Isabel, NetherWorld’s awesome pixel art artist, is working on a new COOL scenario!

It’s not finished yet, but at first sight you can feel the loneliness and frigidity of the place. Wait… What’s that wall for? (It’s been you, Trump? Jon Snow?) Our quirky protagonist will live tough situations there… The shadows of his past will come back, and he’ll discover NetherWorld ones too. We’ll see the consequences of a forgotten war, and get a f*cking flu. Seems that NetherWorld’s plot becomes a little more dark and sinister as we get into these cold lands… Brace yourselves, ladies and gentlemen.

Thanks for your support!

NetherWorld Team

Kickstarter

DanBarr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2018, 02:39:44 PM »

WE DID IT!

Wyvern93
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2018, 05:52:38 PM »

Congratz!! I just wanted to say the art looks gorgerous!  I will keep looking forward Smiley
joey4track
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2018, 07:26:06 AM »

Woohoo! Congrats! I'm so excited I spent all day working yesterday on a snow theme  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic