Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:01:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations♪♫ Dan Wrigley Music - *Working For Free* looking for New Projects! ♫♪
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ♪♫ Dan Wrigley Music - *Working For Free* looking for New Projects! ♫♪  (Read 851 times)
DanWrigleyMusic
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2018, 12:31:36 PM »

Hi Guys & Gals,

I'm Dan Wrigley a music composer and producer from the UK. Videogames and music are my two biggest lifelong passions so combining the two seemed like a no brainer! As such I have just recently started to build my own music business taking on freelance work (mostly from People Per Hour) but what I'm really interested in is creating music for videogames both for the joy of helping to create fully realised worlds, atmospheres and settings and also because it's just damned fun!

Genre wise I am happy to try my hand at anything as you will be able to see from my website and SoundCloud page as they expand over time.

I am willing to work for free at the moment just to keep myself working and to build a portfolio for my website. All I ask in return is that you feature my music in any promotional materials for your game and of course list me in the credits.

This is my newest material : https://soundcloud.com/danwrigleymusic
Pearl Pixel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 01:48:31 PM »

Hey Dan, first off, welcome to the community!

Despite the MANY - WAY TOO MANY - posts on here of composers looking for work, this isn't the right thread for posting that you're looking for work and/or your portfolio unless you were looking for specific critique, etc.

On another hand, *please* don't ask for people to hire you totally for "free" - promo materials are okay, but you can totally get more. Royalties are a great alternative to outright payment if need be. It'll come to bite you in the long run. You mention on your website that you're flexible with pricing, which is totally great, but if future employers(indie/freelance/etc) come onto the forum and see that they can get a better price out of you, they'll use it to their advantage. Everyone is just a google search away, and if the employer is smart enough, they'll be a searching!

Tbh your work is worth way more than free anyway, charge what you feel you are worth, and if you feel you are worth nothing, join some communities that will build you up! There are plenty on Skype/Discord/Twitter, etc. We don't bite!

This whacko of a person makes music. Perhaps it is of interest: https://soundcloud.com/pearl_pixel
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic