Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:17:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWriting about Early Access & Crowdfunding
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Writing about Early Access & Crowdfunding  (Read 845 times)
Digital_Biscuit
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2018, 09:08:03 AM »

I wasn't entirely sure on where to post this, kind of felt like General would be the best choice as it's not really business-related.

As you've probably figured out, I'm a student in their final year of university (college for the American users). I'm currently in the researching phase of writing my Dissertation, which is about how Early Access & Crowdfunding programs have impacted the indie game development process.

Essentially I'm posting this thread because I'm looking for more developers (with experience in using Early Access or Crowdfunding) who would be interested in answering a questionnaire, maybe even partake in an interview regarding the subject matter.

If any developers out there are interested, please feel free to let me know, whether you message me directly or just respond to this thread, it would be a great help.

I'm hoping this will be more effective than sending out tweets & emails like some kind of bot.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 10:15:50 AM by Digital_Biscuit » Logged
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 03:06:34 AM »

Make sure your paper covers the aspect of how crowdfunding a for-profit game is essentially about tricking people into acting as investors for your business venture, except without seeing any of the potential returns, and that this is the main benefit of the model for developers and publishers.

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic