Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:56:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCodex (an RPG)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Codex (an RPG)  (Read 24851 times)
Kingel
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2010, 11:11:20 AM »

Thanks, guys! Grin

Would the small icons still be used for other purposes?

Yeah, the bigger icons are not meant to substitute the smaller ones.

I was thinking something a bit like this. I still need to work on adding more space to it and a bit more flourish. I think working on the UI is really tedious, so this is where I usually get stuck and end up working on something else.

I've been thinking some more about the wolves, and I found an old doodle of mine which is a little closer to what I want.

This is the regular wolf portrait. I'm going to draw a new portrait for the altered wolf, but for now I decided to experiment a little.

I might have to make some more drastic changes to it, like how the skull is deformed in the drawing. The altered wolf sprite will be a little bigger than the regular wolf, but I want it to be clear that they're different creatures. Relying on facial features to show the difference might be insufficient.

This is the regular wolf sprite so far, and it doesn't really suit subleties. I'll add a bit more contrast to it later.

Bod
Level 0

Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2010, 12:30:36 PM »

This looks amazing. I've been silently watching the topic for quite some time, like a ninja. Felt the need to tell you that it looks so sleek and wonderful though. I love the documentation as well, so nice to know how everything is going. Keep it up. Smiley

Plattfisk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2010, 03:24:18 PM »

Loving the art style. And I've recently realized the awesomeness of games about crafting, so this seems exciting. Ever played any of the "Atelier" games, that are all about alchemy?

I've only read the first page yet, gonna eye through the thread now. Smiley
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2010, 11:20:52 PM »

Wowzers is this amazing or what? The idea is fantastic, and you are a wonderful artist. The game sounds interesting, and the setting is very well fleshed out. Best of luck!
RCIX
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2010, 10:06:13 PM »

This looks absolutely amazing! What are your plans regarding how bloody (and i guess if you don't mind, how suggestive) it will be? I don't really like those sorts of things in games, but you do look to have put a ton of work into making this an interesting story and with good art.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic