Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:03:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWorld of Contraptions - A physics-based building game (Early Access in 16 July)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: World of Contraptions - A physics-based building game (Early Access in 16 July)  (Read 1265 times)
juliocdep
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2018, 05:24:32 AM »

Hello everyone, this is my game that I have been working on in the last years. Currently I'm developing it alone in my spare time. This project was an evolution from my last one, called "Project Minamolc". This game was heavily inspired by others building games like Besiege, Scraps Mechanics and Fantastic Contraption.

This project is a construction game based on physics in which you use different types of blocks to build the most varied machines to solve the most diverse types of obstacles and puzzles.

The basic objective of the game is to take a special block called companion block from point A to point B by overcoming obstacles and solve puzzles along the way.

Here is the first trailer:

Here is a simple gameplay video showing how the game works:

I would like to hear some feedback and for more information:

Steam
Twitter
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 10:35:01 AM by juliocdep » Logged
juliocdep
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 10:44:27 AM »

Now Contraptions Parkour is officially on Steam:

Soon I'll start posting devlog related posts, for now some images:

PetSkull
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 11:50:25 AM »

Looks very good. Nice concept Smiley

juliocdep
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 07:23:25 PM »

I’ll start posting a series showing some mains aspects of the game, first and more important the basic to start building your contraptions.
Contraptions Parkour has a flexible way to connect the blocks. Each block has multiple connections points where you can connect another block.

For some blocks, you also can resize these connections points.

You can also select another pivot point in the block that you will connect in another.

There is a drag and drop tool where you can connect adjacent blocks.

You can connect the block in three different ways, not fixed, fixed and axis (hinge) mode.

The axis (hinge) mode can have special configurations, but for this, I’ll leave for the next articles.

Feel free for feedbacks and for asking any technical aspects, I’ll be glad for answer.

If you liked the game, I would be glad if you help me spread the word, you can do that donating a twitter or facebook post at Thunderclap.

More information: Game Website
PsycheMac
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 01:39:11 AM »

Hey this is pretty cool. I remember seeing it posted on reddit so great to see it here too! This definitely seems like a logical next step after a game like Besiege. Are there going to be levels that rely a lot more on player driving dexterity or is it more geared toward contraption creation?

Twitter: @PsycheMac
juliocdep
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 04:49:17 AM »

Hey this is pretty cool. I remember seeing it posted on reddit so great to see it here too! This definitely seems like a logical next step after a game like Besiege. Are there going to be levels that rely a lot more on player driving dexterity or is it more geared toward contraption creation?

Thanks. About the question, I didn't start working hard on the levels, for now there are just test levels, but probably I'll design both kind. Levels that will rely on beat one specific obstacle and levels that will be longer in an irregular path and will rely more in your driving dexterity.
juliocdep
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 05:11:42 AM »

In Contraptions Parkour the axis (hinge) connections can be configured in different ways. They can be linked to motors to execute specific movements, such as:

• Continuous Spin: By pressing configurable keys the axis will rotate at maximum speed that motor can perform.

• Steerable Spin: By pressing configurable keys the axis will rotate to a specified angle.

• Stepper Spin: By pressing configurable keys the axis will rotate at a low specified speed.

The speed and torque of those spins are determined by in which motor the axis is connected to. A more powerful motor will give more speed and torque.

Feel free for feedbacks and for asking any technical aspects, I’ll be glad for answer.

More information: Game Website
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:18:02 AM by juliocdep » Logged
Snö
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 03:03:07 PM »

Super interesting work Smiley Virtual meccano! Looking forward to see more Smiley

Zireael
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 08:17:20 AM »

Will the game be free? The Steam page doesn't really mention much...
juliocdep
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2020, 10:33:52 AM »

Hello everyone,

It is with great enthusiasm that after a long period of development the game is finally almost ready for early access. In addition, I also chose to change the game name from “Contraptions Parkour” to “World of Contraptions”, I believe that this new name better presents the game. With the new name, a new logo was developed:

As for the release date, if everything goes well World of Contraptions will be released in 16 July, 2020. The current version of the game is in the Beta stage of development and already has the following features:

• A set of tools to build the contraptions:
         - Construction system based on group of connected blocks.
         - Full control over which blocks are connected with which.
         - Pivot system that makes it easy to add blocks at several different points.
         - Possibility to use axis connection (hinge) in any block.
         - Possibility to transform groups of blocks into an inventory item for easy reuse.
  • Level editor.
  • Replay mode.
  • Integration with the Steam workshop (Share or find contraptions and levels).
  • Partial support for XBOX joystick:
         - Possibility to fully control your contraption using only the joystick.
         - Some blocks are sensitive to the joystick's analog inputs.
  • 50+ different blocks.
  • 50 levels with different obstacles.
  • An open level sandbox (under construction).
  • A challenge level “mountain” (prototype).

If you are interested don't forget to add it to your Steam Wishlist: Steam Link
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic