Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411860 Posts in 69424 Topics- by 58469 Members - Latest Member: AuroraMaster

June 03, 2024, 12:52:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioIji Composer Looking for Arcade Game to Write For?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Iji Composer Looking for Arcade Game to Write For?  (Read 2072 times)
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« on: May 23, 2009, 03:39:03 PM »

Long title.. but it's to the point.

Chris Geehan here. (Hellooo hello.. loo ..loo) Dan & Myself have just finished up our second soundtrack, and this one has a major production value to it, and bar re-mixing and recording Tor for 'INDIE BRAWL' we are pretty much done for the summer it would seem. I personally am looking to do a soundtrack for something with a retro feel, like R-TYPE, or Cortex Commands soundtrack (datarealms.com check it out, great Indie game and IGF winner of 2 awards i believe)..

This is kinda general so i know i need to be a little more specific, but i thought i could maybe see a few more serious projects near their completion, come to the front of this topic, if any are looking high quality music. If it is freeware, we won't be charging (yet, that doesn't mean we'll charge you half way through the soundtrack, i just mean eventually we will have to put down a price for composing, just not now) so be specific with us and we will listen with much interest Smiley

this might seem like a rant, so cut out the bullshit of my writing and pick out the basics. HyperDuck (iji composing team www.hyperduck.co.uk) are looking for a small project over the summer.. or a large project that does NOT finish in Jan. (exams etc)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 03:49:07 PM by HyperDuck » Logged

ChevyRay
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 04:45:20 PM »

Cool, hope you guys find something. It's always (really) hard to find motivation around the end of a large project (I recall Dan just aching his way through the last stretch of Iji development), and Music is always a great motivator.

I have a commercial project on the go, and a couple freeware ones, but more than enough composers to cover for me. But you guys did a great job on Iji, and I look forward to listening my way through Katakijin as well Smiley.

Also, HyperDuck is a great name. Hand Thumbs Up Left
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 02:43:39 AM »

Ha thanks ChevyRay :D Do you know Dan? He had a bit of aching torwards the end of Iji yes. But i was fairly certian he usually is in the shadows, i never hear from him talkin to any of the fans of the iji project. He's a stealthy duck!

Well i'll keep plugging and searching where i can.. And you WILL enjoy katakijin Smiley And thanks, we're quite proud of HyperDuck!

ChevyRay
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 02:56:42 AM »

I just realized that your partner is named Dan, too. I'm talking about Dan Remar, just to make sure we're talking about the same person. Remar's part of a private online community that I'm also a member of, which helped out with Iji's beta testing.

Pretty website, but may I suggest a page for perhaps music scraps/samples as well? I'm sure you guys have other songs and tunes kicking around, and it'd be nice to have some we could listen to right from our browser plugins. You're more likely to catch the attention of "window shoppers" if there's something up front and immediate they can try on for size.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 03:32:27 AM »

His name is actually Daniel Remar, so you could use that to separate between them.

ChevyRay
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 04:58:23 AM »

His name is actually Daniel Remar, so you could use that to separate between them.
Yeah, here just about everybody named "Daniel" goes by "Dan", so it was just automatic for me.
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 11:04:21 AM »

I just realized that your partner is named Dan, too. I'm talking about Dan Remar, just to make sure we're talking about the same person. Remar's part of a private online community that I'm also a member of, which helped out with Iji's beta testing.

Pretty website, but may I suggest a page for perhaps music scraps/samples as well? I'm sure you guys have other songs and tunes kicking around, and it'd be nice to have some we could listen to right from our browser plugins. You're more likely to catch the attention of "window shoppers" if there's something up front and immediate they can try on for size.

Thanks for the advice, i am going to take it into heavy consideration with dan. Hopefully you will see a window to 'shop in' on our site soon!

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 04:22:57 PM »

Shameless plug, to be honest, we've picked up a few contracted pieces of work and are currently holding plates that are indeed, quite full.

But i thought you guys might want to hear the demoreel from our recent soundtrack for 'katakijin' which has a hype demo or teaser demo, whatever you want to call it, coming out soon.

I might update it in here just for people to check it out. Since the thread still breathes, I thought i'd ask for you to go over and check out the katakijin demoreel and there is an indie brawl remix i did but the main focus is yet to come.

I can't disclose what other projects I am working on at the moment but rest assured you will see it on the hyperduck.co.uk website as soon as i can!

Like how sometimes i used a capital I? And sometimes, well.. I don't?

Yes, me too.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic