Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:37:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRiverhill Trials - First Person Platform Adventure - DEMO INSIDE
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Riverhill Trials - First Person Platform Adventure - DEMO INSIDE  (Read 3356 times)
AlexRT
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2018, 03:58:42 AM »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/70sa1je3jluzpld/RiverhillTrials_demo.rar?dl=0

Small demo, it is made for a graphic showcase, only works with the graphic settings to maximum and have only been tested with GTX 1070. There are a few things missing from it: voiceovers, subtitles, additional sounds, mechanics, features, menu, other maps, loading screens, cutscenes, etc.

About the game

Riverhill Trials is a first person, single player adventure game with puzzles and platforming. The action takes place in the Riverhill Forest, a forest that's changing its environment by itself while the player progresses. Player's goal is to overcome the forest's challenges and finding the exit. Riverhill Trials is "The Witness meets Firewatch and What Remains Of Edith Finch".

The game offers:

- A rich story
- A beautifully created environment
- Changing level layout as the player progresses
- Challenging platforms and puzzles
- More than 10 locations to discover

The game has been in development for about 5 months and the release date is April 2018. Being the only developer of the game, I've only started to post screenshots a few days ago and I'm getting ready for a gameplay/cinematic trailer in a few weeks. I'll keep updating this devlog weekly and looking forward to answer all your questions and listening to feedback.

Links

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/riverhilltrials/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/RiverhillTrials
- Tumblr: http://riverhilltrials.tumblr.com/

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 11:17:03 PM by AlexRT » Logged
Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 04:48:44 AM »

Great artstyle, I love it! I'm not sure if you already thought about it, but: please make it clearly visible which parts of the landscape I'm able to walk on, and which parts are purely are decorational.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
AlexRT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 05:03:30 AM »

Glad you like it!  All the paths are visible, there are open areas (or blinds) with animals and of course, the environment will change itself to challenge the player to find a path, to be clear, road blocks will disappear and re-arrange themselves in front of you, either blocking your path, creating different paths or block you - and by being blocked, the player must solve a puzzle to get out of the situation. I will post a few gifs in a week or two and keep you guys up to date. Polishing is key for Riverhill Trials at this stage.
AlexRT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 12:18:37 AM »

Here's Riverhill Trials dynamic environment. Nothing is what it seems.

Martacus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 02:55:23 AM »

Wow! Love the art style and concept of the game. Would very much like to see more in the future Smiley
AlexRT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 11:55:20 AM »

Just an update: the game is going well, we're at 60% now and about to release a gameplay footage in 2 weeks. We're really taking our time to tweek the game mechanics, moving platforms and the disappearing environment. Here are two screenshots from our game.

AlexRT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 10:16:27 AM »

Graphical update on Riverhill Trials

Jayesh
Level 0

Solo Indie Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 02:59:12 PM »

Super job for a single developer. Liked the art style. The colors reminded me of "Future unfolding". Are you using Unity/Unreal or something more custom? All the best.

AlexRT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 12:53:56 AM »

Super job for a single developer. Liked the art style. The colors reminded me of "Future unfolding". Are you using Unity/Unreal or something more custom? All the best.
Thank you for your kind words. I am using Unity. Cheers
AlexRT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 12:56:08 AM »

In-game screenshot  Coffee

HSI
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 03:30:44 AM »

Shocked That art looks beautiful, the grass looks so good in the forest, almost like it's painted in.

HEY YOU, YEAH YOU!
Check out my devlog: Undergrowth - an open-ended farming sim with a survival/craft heart!
Wink You won't regret it.
AlexRT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 10:25:26 AM »

Shocked That art looks beautiful, the grass looks so good in the forest, almost like it's painted in.
Thank you so much. I'm working by myself and busting my ass to deliver something really really good and hope you and others will enjoy it!  Gomez
jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 10:37:57 AM »

This game looks gorgeous! Your effort is definitely paying off man!

AlexRT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 12:16:51 AM »

This game looks gorgeous! Your effort is definitely paying off man!
Thank you, my friend! Also good luck with your game, hope you make a bang!  Beer!
AlexRT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2018, 10:05:01 AM »

Dawn Smiley In-game screenshot

AlexRT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 07:15:14 AM »

Hey guys,

I've released the Teaser Trailer last night. Check it out if u wish

archgame
Level 2

I program architecture and build video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2018, 08:12:30 AM »

Visuals look really nice, could you talk a bit about the technical aspects of your shaders and lighting?

Have you tried messing around with colored shadows? They could make the darker levels have more depth.

I like the mash of town/woods/sci fi elements, lends itself to a unique environment that peaks my curiosity.

AlexRT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 11:13:49 PM »

Visuals look really nice, could you talk a bit about the technical aspects of your shaders and lighting?

Have you tried messing around with colored shadows? They could make the darker levels have more depth.

I like the mash of town/woods/sci fi elements, lends itself to a unique environment that peaks my curiosity.
Thank you! Sorry for the late response, had some time away from the internet. I haven't tried colored shadows yet, but will do to check them out!
For lighting, I'm using Unity's post processing tools and a directional light, nothing more (beside some shafts and so on).

Here's a demo if you want to check it out

https://www.dropbox.com/s/70sa1je3jluzpld/RiverhillTrials_demo.rar?dl=0
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic