Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:08:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsGGJ - Is it cool to show up a little late?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: GGJ - Is it cool to show up a little late?  (Read 1773 times)
clark_a
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 19, 2018, 09:09:22 PM »

Hey all! Really interested in attending the GGJ this time around, and noticed the one closest to me has a half-day/after work thing the day before the 48 hours for talks/group forming etc... I won't be able to make it on that day, reckon it'll still be cool to rock up on the first day of the jam and find a group?

Don't really know what's the norm, the standard way of things (first game jam irl), just wanted to see if anyone had any prior experience, etc...

Cheers!

sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 09:31:39 PM »

Contact whoever's running your jam site, as the rules and allowances will vary from place to place. Typically GGJ takes place over three days, starting on Friday afternoon and ending on Sunday afternoon, so I have a feeling the "before the 48 hours" you're talking about could actually be the beginning! Registration, orientation and team forming often happens at this point, but if you can't make it, there's still a good chance you'll be able to participate over the next couple of days… but making sure beforehand with your local jam organisers is probably the way to go.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic